Midwestern Serving CO, IA, IL, IN, KS, MI, MN, MO, MT, ND, NE, SD, UT, WI, WY

G Mechanics/Body Shop Options in MN

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2017, 03:39 PM
ej_424

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
G Mechanics/Body Shop Options in MN

Hello All,

New to the forum. Last week was a sad day when my 2015 Audi S4 lease ended. With two new kids, a new home and a change of priorities I ended up buying a 2009 G37x Sedan in Platinum Graphite/Black interior. Its the premium model so only has the 17" wheels. I'm completely surprised in the power at the wheels these sedans provide but don't love the looks, especially the 17" wheels and gap. I'm wondering if anyone has any suggestions on some modifications I can make within a 2k budget to get this looking a bit sharper. I would likely have to outsource any work done on it as I'm lacking the tools and time with two kids under 2.

Thanks for the input!
Old 01-17-2017, 10:32 PM
ZahyMatar
Registered Member

Received 339 Likes on 233 Posts
Originally Posted by ej_424
Hello All,

New to the forum. Last week was a sad day when my 2015 Audi S4 lease ended. With two new kids, a new home and a change of priorities I ended up buying a 2009 G37x Sedan in Platinum Graphite/Black interior. Its the premium model so only has the 17" wheels. I'm completely surprised in the power at the wheels these sedans provide but don't love the looks, especially the 17" wheels and gap. I'm wondering if anyone has any suggestions on some modifications I can make within a 2k budget to get this looking a bit sharper. I would likely have to outsource any work done on it as I'm lacking the tools and time with two kids under 2.

Thanks for the input!
The best "budget" option to lower your AWD sedan would be Swift springs. They go for roughly $300 new, but I will have a set for sale soon that I will let go for cheap! (PM me if you're interested)

For wheels, don't go over 17" unless you plan on lowering the car, it will just look silly. Browse eBay for some deals, maybe on some OEM coupe 19s. Hotchkis AWD Sway Bars are always a good upgrade too.

Here's my build thread, if you're looking for some guidance: Zahy's AWD Sedan