G37 Sedan
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Top speed exhaust ± fi rhfc, anyone tried thid combo?

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2016, 05:21 AM
BongJun Jeong

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Top speed exhaust ± fi rhfc, anyone tried thid combo?

I have a top speed pro1 exhaust, which is mid pipe to mufflers . I am adding top speed y pipe, once they have it in stock. I know for a fact that adding just a ypipe with bigger diameter will noy really satifisy the sound i wanna get, so i m thinking of getting hfc. I heard fi rhfc is the best in market but quite surprisingly i have never seen top speed amd fi rhfc combo... does anyone have any ideas, regarding to thid combination? Let me know guys. Thanks!
Old 02-03-2016, 05:25 AM
takeapieandrun
Registered Member

Received 58 Likes on 50 Posts
I have the Top Speed with ART pipes and a 3" Y-pipe, same as the Top Speed Y pipe. I get a lot of drone on the freeway at 3k RPM and a bit of rasp. HFC should help over ART pipes but you will still probably get some of that. I plan to have an exhaust shop weld in a resonator into my Y pipe or mid pipe in the future.
Old 02-03-2016, 05:34 AM
BongJun Jeong

I really hate having drone and rasp. Those two sounds are something that i would love to avoid. Did you get drone or rasp after adding 'just' 3"y pipe?
Old 02-04-2016, 06:30 AM
takeapieandrun
Registered Member

Y pipe added some drone but it wasn't that much. ART pipes introduced a bit of rasp and a lot more drone but that is probably because the 3" Y pipe to 2.5" midpipe cant handle the extra air flow and causes turbulence.
Old 02-05-2016, 01:37 AM
BongJun Jeong

so...i think i am better off getting FI RHFC huh? i was thinking about art pipes but then, for some reason, fi rhfc is more appealing to me.
Old 02-05-2016, 03:49 AM
takeapieandrun
Registered Member

Yeah, but ART pipes will get you more power. But they wont pass emissions if that matters to you.
Old 02-05-2016, 06:54 AM
Mattlorentzoe
Premier Member

Received 156 Likes on 119 Posts
I have z1 hfc and top speed y pipe and y pipe back exhaust. Pretty happy so far with results sounds great and it can drone at 1.5-1.8 rpm. Highly recommend the z1 hfc paired with it. Only Negitive with this exhaust setup is that the gaskets are extremely cheap from top speed and I'd recommend buying better ones to put on at time of your install.

So I have zero experience with the rhfc in reference to
The following users liked this post:
BongJun Jeong (02-10-2016)
Old 02-07-2016, 09:25 AM
cannondalemtb

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts
You seem to have made this thread twice. I responded in the other one.

"I have this EXACT combo. FI rhfc's, M2 Performance y-pipe (identical to TopSpeed), and TopSPeed exhaust. The exhaust sounds good without being too loud. Clean and not raspy. Little drone at low RPM."
The following users liked this post:
BongJun Jeong (02-10-2016)
Old 02-10-2016, 02:06 AM
BongJun Jeong

damn..broo you are like my savior!!! can you provide me any sound clip?
Old 04-20-2016, 04:09 AM
BongJun Jeong

do you have any sound clip of your exhaust set up bro?

i m on the fence of getting hfc.. but still deciding which one i should go with.
Old 04-20-2016, 08:37 PM
Moe_G37x

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Lightbulb

Originally Posted by BongJun Jeong
I have a top speed pro1 exhaust, which is mid pipe to mufflers . I am adding top speed y pipe, once they have it in stock. I know for a fact that adding just a ypipe with bigger diameter will noy really satifisy the sound i wanna get, so i m thinking of getting hfc. I heard fi rhfc is the best in market but quite surprisingly i have never seen top speed amd fi rhfc combo... does anyone have any ideas, regarding to thid combination? Let me know guys. Thanks!
Top speed exhaust with Top speed Y-Pipe is all you need. HFC and test pipes/ART Pipes (with Resonator) both will add rasp, no matter which brand. That's just the nature of VQ37's. Adding Y-Pipe to your current Top speed exhaust will make your exhaust sound more deep (tone) like VQ35. You don't need to wait for Top speed to have Y-Pipe in stock. Just make sure, you buy a Y-Pipe that has 2.5 inch diameter inlet. VQ37's OEM Y pipe is 2.3 inch in diameter. 2007-08 VQ35HR's Y-pipe is ideal. It is 2.5 inch diameter inlet and outlet just like top speed Y-pipe, which is ideal and cheap solution for our car because top speed exhaust is 2.5 inch diameter.
Old 04-21-2016, 04:07 AM
takeapieandrun
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Moe_G37x
Top speed exhaust with Top speed Y-Pipe is all you need. HFC and test pipes/ART Pipes (with Resonator) both will add rasp, no matter which brand. That's just the nature of VQ37's. Adding Y-Pipe to your current Top speed exhaust will make your exhaust sound more deep (tone) like VQ35. You don't need to wait for Top speed to have Y-Pipe in stock. Just make sure, you buy a Y-Pipe that has 2.5 inch diameter inlet. VQ37's OEM Y pipe is 2.3 inch in diameter. 2007-08 VQ35HR's Y-pipe is ideal. It is 2.5 inch diameter inlet and outlet just like top speed Y-pipe, which is ideal and cheap solution for our car because top speed exhaust is 2.5 inch diameter.
Are you sure the VQ35HR Y pipe is 2.5 inch diameter? I installed a 2.5 to 3" Y pipe and it was WAY larger diameter on the 2.5" sections than my stock Y pipe. I have a 07.
Old 04-21-2016, 11:21 AM
Moe_G37x

VQ35HR's Y-Pipe is known for 2.5' inch diameter inlet and outlet. But you don't have to stick with HR Y-Pipe, just get any good Y-Pipe that has inlet and outlet of 2.5' inch diameter because that will match with your Top Speed exhaust.
Old 04-25-2016, 08:23 PM
Mattlorentzoe
Premier Member

Received 156 Likes on 119 Posts
[QUOTE=BongJun Jeong;4021959]do you have any sound clip of your exhaust set up bro?

. sorry it took so long to post up buddy. It was recorded with an iPhone so obviously sound quality could be better
Old 04-26-2016, 10:19 PM
Moe_G37x

[QUOTE=lorentzoe45;4024210]
Originally Posted by BongJun Jeong
do you have any sound clip of your exhaust set up bro?

Full bolt on g37x rev - YouTube. sorry it took so long to post up buddy. It was recorded with an iPhone so obviously sound quality could be better
I don't mean to be negative here, but there is something not right with the sound. Two of my friends have this exhaust on their sedans for couple of months and I installed mine like a week ago as well and it sounds great. It really sounds like what I heard on other YouTube videos. Your exhaust sound has a lot of rasp. Do you have HFC's or test pipes?

Quick Reply: Top speed exhaust ± fi rhfc, anyone tried thid combo?