Mesh grill billet for g37 sedan - MyG37

Go Back   MyG37 > G-Spot > G37 Sedan
Search


Mesh grill billet for g37 sedan

Reply
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-15-2013, 03:26 PM   #1
samkon
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 75
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
samuelsaalfeld samsaalfeld sirsaalfeld
Mesh grill billet for g37 sedan

Trying to get opinions.. Kind off wanna show my I intakes but wanna keep it classy
Attached Thumbnails
Mesh grill billet for g37 sedan-image.jpg  
samkon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 04:13 PM   #2
Rochester
Lifetime Premier Member
iTrader: ( 8 )
 
Rochester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Rochester, NY
Posts: 9,850
Thanked 1,837 Times in 1,428 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by samkon View Post
Trying to get opinions...
Hard to be classy with a billet grille, but if it were black maybe...

And if it were open enough to show off your intakes, then you should probably be using a rain-shield, all things considered. In that context, it's not so much your intakes that you're showing off, but the intake rain-shield, and maybe the front pipes. Is the rain-shield plastic or aluminum? Can you paint/powdercoat the shield? If it were powdercoated a deep gunmetal with a heavy gloss top-coat, that might look interesting.
__________________
2011 Sedan 6MT Progress Thread



FI RHFC+CB R2C RJM Pedal TWM STS Z1 Mount Eibach Sways GT-Spec FSTB Swift+Tein+SPC PSS
Rochester is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 04:22 PM   #3
samkon
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 75
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
samuelsaalfeld samsaalfeld sirsaalfeld
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rochester View Post
Hard to be classy with a billet grille, but if it were black maybe...

And if it were open enough to show off your intakes, then you should probably be using a rain-shield, all things considered. In that context, it's not so much your intakes that you're showing off, but the intake rain-shield, and maybe the front pipes. Is the rain-shield plastic or aluminum? Can you paint/powdercoat the shield? If it were powdercoated a deep gunmetal with a heavy gloss top-coat, that might look interesting.
08 09 10 11 Infiniti G37 4DR Sedan Carbon Fiber Grill | eBay

Cheap carbon fiber.. I saw a g35 with it looked clean however they didn't have visible intakes
samkon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 04:35 PM   #4
Rochester
Lifetime Premier Member
iTrader: ( 8 )
 
Rochester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Rochester, NY
Posts: 9,850
Thanked 1,837 Times in 1,428 Posts
^^^
I don't personally care for CF trim pieces. If you could paint it body colored, while leaving the mesh black, maybe. And that center support on the bumper skin is body colored because it's all one piece. But there's no reason you couldn't paint it black.

For web-shopping, I'd really have so see this not so close up, in a variety of perspectives.

Click the image to open in full size.
__________________
2011 Sedan 6MT Progress Thread



FI RHFC+CB R2C RJM Pedal TWM STS Z1 Mount Eibach Sways GT-Spec FSTB Swift+Tein+SPC PSS
Rochester is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 05:21 PM   #5
samkon
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 75
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
samuelsaalfeld samsaalfeld sirsaalfeld
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rochester View Post
^^^
I don't personally care for CF trim pieces. If you could paint it body colored, while leaving the mesh black, maybe. And that center support on the bumper skin is body colored because it's all one piece. But there's no reason you couldn't paint it black.

For web-shopping, I'd really have so see this not so close up, in a variety of perspectives.

Click the image to open in full size.
here's another
Attached Thumbnails
Mesh grill billet for g37 sedan-image.jpg  
samkon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 05:22 PM   #6
samkon
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 75
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
samuelsaalfeld samsaalfeld sirsaalfeld
And another one... I'm undecided it may look clean with my black car
Attached Thumbnails
Mesh grill billet for g37 sedan-image.jpg  
samkon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 05:23 PM   #7
samkon
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 75
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
samuelsaalfeld samsaalfeld sirsaalfeld
My intakes may over do it however
samkon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 05:55 PM   #8
blnewt
Modr8r & DIY cheapsk8
iTrader: ( 10 )
 
blnewt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: New Mexico
Posts: 17,313
Thanked 3,031 Times in 2,561 Posts
I know you're wanting to show your intakes, but as far as a nice clean front end it's hard to beat the emblem-free grill. Whenever I see those mesh grills I can't help but thinking of all those Chrysler 300s w/ those bug-catcher grills.

Click the image to open in full size.


Click the image to open in full size.
__________________
Got Parts?? We need your reviews, please post here to help others~Thanks! http://www.myg37.com/forums/reviews-only-400/

Last edited by blnewt; 09-15-2013 at 06:06 PM.
blnewt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 06:03 PM   #9
samkon
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 75
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
samuelsaalfeld samsaalfeld sirsaalfeld
Quote:
Originally Posted by blnewt View Post
I know you're wanting to show your intakes, but as far as a nice clean front end it's hard to beat the emblem-free grill.

Click the image to open in full size.


Click the image to open in full size.
True coilovers are perfect now.. Took it to a diff shop they left two spring in that were Supposed to be removed
samkon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 06:22 PM   #10
Rochester
Lifetime Premier Member
iTrader: ( 8 )
 
Rochester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Rochester, NY
Posts: 9,850
Thanked 1,837 Times in 1,428 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by blnewt View Post
I know you're wanting to show your intakes, but as far as a nice clean front end it's hard to beat the emblem-free grill. Whenever I see those mesh grills I can't help but thinking of all those Chrysler 300s w/ those bug-catcher grills.
That's nice. Is it a custom job fabricating the center slats on the OEM grille, or is this an aftermarket grille entirely? Either way, it's a shame to see the center piece supporting the upper and lower section of the front bumper.


Quote:
Originally Posted by samkon View Post
True coilovers are perfect now.. Took it to a diff shop they left two spring in that were Supposed to be removed
Thought you were talking about the front grille.
__________________
2011 Sedan 6MT Progress Thread



FI RHFC+CB R2C RJM Pedal TWM STS Z1 Mount Eibach Sways GT-Spec FSTB Swift+Tein+SPC PSS
Rochester is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 06:39 PM   #11
blnewt
Modr8r & DIY cheapsk8
iTrader: ( 10 )
 
blnewt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: New Mexico
Posts: 17,313
Thanked 3,031 Times in 2,561 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rochester View Post
That's nice. Is it a custom job fabricating the center slats on the OEM grille, or is this an aftermarket grille entirely? Either way, it's a shame to see the center piece supporting the upper and lower section of the front bumper.




Thought you were talking about the front grille.
180 customs does them and their work is top-notch
http://www.myg37.com/forums/interior...s-details.html
And I guess the OP just wanted to keep us abreast of what else is going on w/ his car
__________________
Got Parts?? We need your reviews, please post here to help others~Thanks! http://www.myg37.com/forums/reviews-only-400/
blnewt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 06:42 PM   #12
samkon
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 75
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
samuelsaalfeld samsaalfeld sirsaalfeld
Quote:
Originally Posted by blnewt View Post
180 customs does them and their work is top-notch
http://www.myg37.com/forums/interior...s-details.html
And I guess the OP just wanted to keep us abreast of what else is going on w/ his car
Yup I had talked to you before about em. Think I might just stay stock n do a diff mod like gtr theme tails
samkon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 06:48 PM   #13
blnewt
Modr8r & DIY cheapsk8
iTrader: ( 10 )
 
blnewt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: New Mexico
Posts: 17,313
Thanked 3,031 Times in 2,561 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by samkon View Post
Yup I had talked to you before about em. Think I might just stay stock n do a diff mod like gtr theme tails
Glad you got your coilovers set up properly, and shoot me a PM if you want those tail cutouts
__________________
Got Parts?? We need your reviews, please post here to help others~Thanks! http://www.myg37.com/forums/reviews-only-400/
blnewt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 07:23 PM   #14
samkon
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 75
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
samuelsaalfeld samsaalfeld sirsaalfeld
Quote:
Originally Posted by blnewt View Post
Glad you got your coilovers set up properly, and shoot me a PM if you want those tail cutouts
For that do h have to remove the lights and is it easy to not mess up
samkon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 08:34 PM   #15
blnewt
Modr8r & DIY cheapsk8
iTrader: ( 10 )
 
blnewt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: New Mexico
Posts: 17,313
Thanked 3,031 Times in 2,561 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by samkon View Post
For that do h have to remove the lights and is it easy to not mess up
You do have to remove the lights, best to do it at a time where you won't be driving your car for 24 hrs. Lights are simple to remove, just 3 nuts hold them on. Project is easy, a bit time consuming but on a scale of 1 to 5 with 5 the highest difficulty, I'd say this is a 2. If you mess it up you can always use some laquer thinner to remove then give it another shot.
__________________
Got Parts?? We need your reviews, please post here to help others~Thanks! http://www.myg37.com/forums/reviews-only-400/
blnewt is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
FS Used Gtm billet oil pan spacer warpeacelove Private Classifieds 14 09-28-2015 10:39 PM
Emblem for mesh grille? jaylock92 G37 Coupe 3 09-19-2015 12:47 AM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:55 PM.


Copyright 2002 - 2009, MYG37.COM All Rights Reserved.