Sponsored by:

Blue Slate with wheat interior....

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2011, 08:54 PM
pivotalrex

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Blue Slate with wheat interior....

Anyone have this combo?

How's the wheat interior color hold up? I read about jeans bleeding on stone int.

Blue slate...how's the color holding up for you? scratches/swirl marks?

It's narrowed down to this or white/graphite interior.

Never had a light color car though and I really like the blue at night.
Old 08-22-2011, 10:55 PM
financeman

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
I have the blue slate/stone color combination and like. I too was concerned about the light interior, but maintenance has been easier than expected - except for the light colored floor mats. If you live in parts with real winter, buy the rubber mats for the snow and ice season. Exterior is holding up well - better than expected, though the paint has plenty of orange peel for a 40,000 car. A Sonota has a far better paint job.
Old 08-23-2011, 12:06 AM
gee wiz

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Not a direct reply to your question, but we had the light interior in our previous G and it did discolor from the dye in clothing. I'll admit we didn't clean and prep the leather as often as we should have, so not sure if that was the cause.

We now have the graphite interior and so far we love it, no issues. If you decide on MW w/graphite you won't regret it, but the G looks good in any color!
Old 08-23-2011, 11:32 AM
canucklehead

Received 142 Likes on 125 Posts
i have blue slate. awesome colour, especially after a good detail when the metallic flakes pop. it's my favourite colour on the G, obviously, but that's just me. a lot of people say it looks grey for some reason. with a mild tint you get a great exterior combo. as for how the paint is holding up: i take very good car of my cars so the paint still looks great.

i have graphite interior so i can't help you there.
Old 08-23-2011, 11:47 AM
jdg37

I have blue slate/stone, so I can't answer directly, but the blue slate looks great with a light interior. The wheat would offer a similar contrast. I was worried about swirl marks, etc, but my paint looks mostly perfect after 7 months, and it doesn't show dirt nearly as bad as I thought it would. It actually looks ok when I'm negligent about washing my car. As far as the leather condition goes, it's all about keeping it clean. My driver's seat is starting to show a little wear (almost 14K miles), but I wipe it down frequently and condition the bolsters and, in general, I'm happy with how it's holding up. I've seen much more durable leather look a lot worse after less mileage.
Old 08-23-2011, 12:00 PM
_ant_

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Blue Slate's a great color
Old 08-23-2011, 08:48 PM
RedRedSuit

I have Blue Slate but "settled" for Graphite interior. Not that I mind black, but I actually would have preferred wheat/stone/whatever, as IMO it has a more luxurious look. I really wanted the car at the given price though, so I went for it.

How do people feel on black vs. light colored interior in general?

Last edited by RedRedSuit; 08-23-2011 at 09:01 PM.
Old 08-25-2011, 06:32 PM
Djfarhan
Registered Member

Received 79 Likes on 65 Posts
Originally Posted by _ant_
Blue Slate's a great color
i agree!

Old 08-28-2011, 11:18 AM
dseltz

I just bought a G37 with the Blue Slate/Wheat combo. I love the look. I always thought that a black interior would be too hot in the sun. I'm going to look into getting the rubber mats.
Old 08-30-2011, 09:39 AM
G37CPA

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by pivotalrex
Anyone have this combo?
Blue Slate/Stone is the best. I get compliments all the time.
Old 08-30-2011, 09:46 AM
UN1263

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Blue Slate/Wheat is my favorite though it's unavailable in the Sport.
Old 09-02-2011, 11:33 AM
Almatti

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
financeman, What Exactly is "Orange Peel" on paint jobs. What am I to look for?
Old 09-02-2011, 11:52 AM
rpm&my_G35
Registered Member

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally Posted by Almatti
financeman, What Exactly is "Orange Peel" on paint jobs. What am I to look for?
It's a texture apparent in the paint finish that resembles the surface of an Orange. It's more apparent on dark paint colours like Black Obsidian.
Old 09-02-2011, 01:36 PM
Soliditude

I have Blue Slate with Stone interior color. There is no such thing as jeans rubbing off on it. Must've been some crap jeans that someone was wearing to say that. I wear denim 90% in the car and there is zero rubbing off whatsoever. It really depends on the jeans themselves rather than the color of the interior. I always prefer light-colored interiors just because you can see way less marks/scratches & etc. on them. You can see everything on black. Having a light one saves you a lot of extra carefulness.

On the note of Blue Slate, the color is very good. Holds up very well.
Old 09-02-2011, 05:35 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Soliditude
I have Blue Slate with Stone interior color. There is no such thing as jeans rubbing off on it. Must've been some crap jeans that someone was wearing to say that. I wear denim 90% in the car and there is zero rubbing off whatsoever. It really depends on the jeans themselves rather than the color of the interior. I always prefer light-colored interiors just because you can see way less marks/scratches & etc. on them. You can see everything on black. Having a light one saves you a lot of extra carefulness.

On the note of Blue Slate, the color is very good. Holds up very well.
Actually, dye transfer from jeans to light colored leather is pretty common. It happens when people wear newer jeans that haven't been washed enough to release all the excess dye. Wearing new jeans without washing them first would be the kiss of death to leather seats. For what it's worth, this has nothing to do with the quality of the jeans.

New belts will do the same -- I've seen it in action (brown belt v. light interior on a luxury car).

Quick Reply: Blue Slate with wheat interior....