My G37 Convertible - the WORST car i've ever owned...

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2012, 04:04 PM
sandeeprice11

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My G37 Convertible - the WORST car i've ever owned...

My 2011 Infiniti G37 convertible is the WORST car I've ever owned. I leased it at the end of September 2011 and since that time it has spent over 60 days in the shop.

It went into for service for the first time at 73 miles because I went to put the top up and only the passenger side locked in - the drivers side was open about 5 inches. The second time this happened was at 350 miles and the third time it had 2100 miles. The final time it went in it spent over 30 days at the dealership service center where "Master Engineers" came in to try and fix the problem.

When I final got the car back, the drivers side window no longer automatically went up when the door closed and I the automatic climate control no longer worked. In addition, the dealership has placed a 3 inch scratch in my passenger side rear window and the interior ceiling was filthy from the top being down in the shop for over 30 days.

Compounding all this is the fact that I purchased the car in Texas and have since moved to Idaho - where the closest Infiniti dealership is 250 miles away.

I have now been told by the service managers:

1. I should expect that when I bring my car to a car wash that all 4 windows will leak - the service manager actually had the audacity to tell me "To prevent the windows from leaking, you should hand wash your car - it's better for the finish" - REALLY??? He stopped short of telling me that ALL G37 convertibles leak in car washes. This is my 4th convertible and I've never had problems like this.

2. When I slow down to - say - let a car turn - and step back on the gas, it is normal that my transmission does not engage for a few seconds.

The "Customer Relations" group is another bone of contention. While they can be helpful. I am sick and tired of hearing "Well I've never heard of a car with this many problems..." Do you really think that is what I want to hear? Then, the person that they have assigned to me doesn't call me back for 1-2 WEEKS after I call him.

My car only has 3,000 miles on it and I am counting the days until my least is up and I can give it back. This is my first - and last Nissan product.
Old 03-21-2012, 04:08 PM
RYs06MT

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
Does lemon law buy backs apply to leases? Just tell them you're done.
Old 03-21-2012, 05:04 PM
bschurr
Registered Member

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Wow - that really sucks. Sorry to hear your woes - it definately sounds like a lemon law issue to me. Be sure to continue to document everything and contact Infiniti Consumer Affairs - eventually they will take care of it but only once the applicable thresholds have been met.

Sorry dude!
Old 03-21-2012, 05:12 PM
JohnsVert

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Sorry to hear your issues , you may want to call infiniti headquarters and tell them your experiences
Old 03-21-2012, 05:48 PM
Dulanicki

The minute you car vehicle was in the shop for 30 days, you should have demanded a new vehicle. After 30 days, it's considered a lemon in Texas (law applies where you purchased the vehicle)
Old 03-21-2012, 06:27 PM
cereal2k
Mr. Drop it like it's hot

Received 39 Likes on 31 Posts
That is indeed a bad experience.
The 7AT slow to engage is a constant topic of discussion, in other words this will not be something infiniti will address.
Some cars have had leaks but not all. And if there were any leaks the dealer can re-adjust the rubber seals by the roof/window area.
The window closing mechanism needs to be re-initialized if it does not roll up on closing the door. Just roll up and hold for 5 seconds or so when you close the door and roll down and hold for 5 second and that should get it back to proper operation.

The roof not closing properly is unacceptable. Find out from customer affairs how they can speed up the process of resolving this to your satisfaction or replacing the car altogether.
Old 03-21-2012, 09:07 PM
BHB 91

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sounds like the car obviously had a problem with the top from the beginning but should have been fixed the first time. The other issues are very fixable (Except for the A/T which is normal) and sounds like horrible dealer service as much as a lemon. Not trying to downplay your problems because they suck and should never have happened but the dealer(s) seem to have added to the problem.

Trending Topics

Old 03-22-2012, 01:50 PM
peegu

Wow, that is definitely a lemon.

Aside from the really annoying rattling top and speaker in my car, I had no issue with my vert at all. I feel Infiniti's overal quality is above average.

However, their service is definitely way below industry standard average, I have had dealer refusing to repair, trying to charge for warranty repair, and just plain doesn't know what to do.

I won't get another Infiniti/Nissan not because the quality, but their service.
Old 03-22-2012, 04:36 PM
lier200a

I think it depends on the dealership...

In Regina, service was top-notch! My car was in there twice for battery issues (in a week) so they just replaced it under warranty and gave me free oil changes for a year for my troubles. They never charged me anything for minor fixes.

Moved to Calgary and I hate the service here. I have to book the car a month in advance to get a loaner (Regina, if they didn't have one, they give you a a car to "test drive") and they charged me to adjust the washer spray cuz the windshield washer fluid sprayer was replaced under warranty and the adjustment wasn't part of the warranty.

In your case tho, there should be a lemon law... If an issue occurs 3 times, vehicle should be replaced.
Old 03-22-2012, 06:07 PM
bschurr
Registered Member

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by lier200a
<snip>

Moved to Calgary and I hate the service here. I have to book the car a month in advance to get a loaner (Regina, if they didn't have one, they give you a a car to "test drive") and they charged me to adjust the washer spray cuz the windshield washer fluid sprayer was replaced under warranty and the adjustment wasn't part of the warranty.
WHAT??!!??
They charged you to adjust the windshild washer sprayer after the part was replaced under warranty? UNREAL!!!!

Sorry for the hijack but I just couldnt let this go... TOTALLY INSANE!!!
Old 03-23-2012, 12:07 PM
lier200a

Ya man, I was surprised too! 0.3 hrs! If i knew they were gonna charge me, I would've done it myself!! And they charge me for resetting TPMS sensor too for tire and rim swap! Regina has never charged me for that either.

I gotta get that reset TPMS sensor free thread to work. Almost time to swap back to summer tires and rims.
Old 03-24-2012, 04:07 PM
Panamajon

Originally Posted by peegu
Wow, that is definitely a lemon.

Aside from the really annoying rattling top and speaker in my car, I had no issue with my vert at all. I feel Infiniti's overal quality is above average.

However, their service is definitely way below industry standard average, I have had dealer refusing to repair, trying to charge for warranty repair, and just plain doesn't know what to do.

I won't get another Infiniti/Nissan not because the quality, but their service.
Same. It's unreal how goddamn annoying that top rattle is, and after taking it in a couple of times and listening to those monkeys lie to me saying they "don't hear nuthin'" I am done with Infiniti for life.
Old 03-24-2012, 05:29 PM
jsweaz

Please see my thread about the experience with my 2009 convertible:

https://www.myg37.com/forums/g37-con...-graphite.html

I don't know how the lemon law applies to leased vehicles, but in Virginia there are two stipulations that designate a car a lemon. The car has spent 30 days out of service within the first 18 month period OR the car was in service to repair the same item three times. I would imagine that the lemon law is similar in your situation and will apply. What happened in my case is that Infiniti invoked the lemon law outside of arbitration. Some things that may help you is to write a post on Infiniti's facebook page. I did this and received an immediate response from someone.

In Infiniti's defense about car washes... I have never put my car through an automated car wash and have never had any issues with the top or windows leaking. The high-pressure car washes might be too powerful for the rubber gaskets which seal the top and window areas... but it sounds like you have general issues with the top and window fitment to begin with.

My biggest issue with Infiniti is not that I received a 'lemon' the first time around... it was the LACK of customer service and understanding that I received both from the dealer and from Nissan Corporate.

Threaten the Lemon Law... they will respond especially since it sounds as if you have a legitimate claim. The reason being is that cars that are designated Lemons can not be resold, and will go against their numbers which are reported to consumer agencies. I think this is why Nissan/Infiniti repurchased my car outside of arbitration.

Please keep us posted.
Old 04-04-2012, 10:35 PM
G37sEugene

lol that is some funny ****
Old 05-08-2012, 01:04 PM
nickw

lemon law absolutely applies to leases . Sometimes people dont do something for the right reason and will only do something if you force them .