Double beep from rear of the car when off

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2012, 09:50 PM
demarcom

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Double beep from rear of the car when off

I have had a strange double beeping coming from the rear of the car when it gets turned off. I dont get any idiot lights or other indication of what is wrong. If started the car drives fine and no beeping is heard, only when parked and turned off. I read the manual and it says the top isnt fully closed, but it seems to be.... Anyone else go through this issue? It does seem to happen when the wife takes the car and puts the top down. not her top, the car's top...
Old 05-07-2012, 10:56 PM
Tazicon

Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts
Mine normally does that when I open the trunk with out unlocking the doors. The double beeps happen other times like when the car is on and the key leaves. It's probably something in your settings.
Old 05-08-2012, 11:06 AM
lier200a

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Tazicon
Mine normally does that when I open the trunk with out unlocking the doors. The double beeps happen other times like when the car is on and the key leaves. It's probably something in your settings.
It's a different double beep... the double beep comes from the convertible top module in the back seat, driver side on the side.Had it before and the dealership didn't know what caused it.

They Reset the module and it stopped after that. Hasn't come back since.
Old 05-09-2012, 10:36 AM
JohnsVert

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
This happened to me once before , I had opened the top using the
Button on the door handle , then sat in the car and I heard the beeping sound so then I turned the car on and the screen told me that the top was not fully opened which was weird cause I made sure I didn't take my hand off the button until I heard the beeps saying the top is fully down, only happened to me once
Old 05-10-2012, 09:40 PM
demarcom

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I think i Fixed it. I just put the top down again and back up. Seems like the cycle for closing the roof may not have completed fully. Thanks for the feedback.