Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction
Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G37? Find out the answer in here!

Help BERK HFC Questions

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2017, 08:37 PM
Dzionassi
Registered Member

Received 46 Likes on 37 Posts
BERK HFC Questions

Hello to everyone,

New owner here. Just bought 2017 infiniti qx50 and i know this is G37 forum, but since qx50/ex forum/community pretty much not existing I will be coming for help here.

Will be modding my car after first oil change...
First mod will be HFC cats, CAI, and M370 TB looking at BERKS, but my concern is that will be some drone. I dont care that much about rasp, but drone is enemy #1.
So question is.. Is there any drone with BERKS?
I am not planing any other exhaust mods, but I`ll add CAI R2C and M370 TB

Thanks
Old 02-18-2017, 09:25 PM
MH2013
Premier Member

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts
I have Berks on my coupe. I did not have any drone with stock exhaust. I just installed axle back and notice it more when it's cold but not so much when warmed up.
Old 02-18-2017, 09:28 PM
Dzionassi
Registered Member

Originally Posted by MH2013
I have Berks on my coupe. I did not have any drone with stock exhaust. I just installed axle back and notice it more when it's cold but not so much when warmed up.
Any high pronounced RASP? or just a hint of it?
Old 02-18-2017, 09:39 PM
MH2013
Premier Member

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts
None that I've noticed. Not even with Manzo axle back installed. I've had them for almost 2 years and am completely happy with them. Even with stock exhaust enhances the sound.
Old 02-24-2017, 11:23 PM
Dzionassi
Registered Member

more feedback on this?
Old 02-25-2017, 10:36 AM
ILM-NC G37S
Registered Member

Received 1,254 Likes on 1,016 Posts
I have Berks on my '08 Coupe with a full IPL cat back exhaust and R2C intakes. The drone at highway/interstate speeds is minimal and pleasurable, however, I do have considerable rasp and "buzz" throughout temperature and RPM ranges when accelerating. For me, it's really obnoxious when changing gears (I have the 5AT) under moderate to hard throttle.

It's only been 6 months since I installed them but I plan on changing them out with either FI RHFC'S or I'll put the stock ones back on. I do a lot of city driving and with every gear change the noise gets very intolerable, for me anyway.

To me the Berks are a great product. They look well made, was easy to install, and threw no CEL codes. For my application and preference, though, they cheapened the sound and make my car embarrassing to drive.

Just my experience.
Old 02-26-2017, 07:16 PM
Dzionassi
Registered Member

Originally Posted by ILM-NC G37S
I have Berks on my '08 Coupe with a full IPL cat back exhaust and R2C intakes. The drone at highway/interstate speeds is minimal and pleasurable, however, I do have considerable rasp and "buzz" throughout temperature and RPM ranges when accelerating. For me, it's really obnoxious when changing gears (I have the 5AT) under moderate to hard throttle.

It's only been 6 months since I installed them but I plan on changing them out with either FI RHFC'S or I'll put the stock ones back on. I do a lot of city driving and with every gear change the noise gets very intolerable, for me anyway.

To me the Berks are a great product. They look well made, was easy to install, and threw no CEL codes. For my application and preference, though, they cheapened the sound and make my car embarrassing to drive.

Just my experience.

I guess combination of IPL cat back and Berks causing rasp.
I have Acura mdx with hi flow cats and not getting any rasp, but there is drone on certain conditions...
Old 03-10-2017, 05:47 PM
hockeyzbh

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
HFC question

I have an ark grip exhaust system with r2c intake on an auto trans. thinking of doing HFC but not sure what brand. Berks looks like it fits best, but will it fit on the ark exhaust system and is the sound gonna be unbearable? really unsure what is best for a daily driver
Old 03-11-2017, 12:14 AM
Mr_Mer

Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts
Originally Posted by hockeyzbh
I have an ark grip exhaust system with r2c intake on an auto trans. thinking of doing HFC but not sure what brand. Berks looks like it fits best, but will it fit on the ark exhaust system and is the sound gonna be unbearable? really unsure what is best for a daily driver
The drone is nothing that reasonably volume music won't mask. It is not as horrible as people think, particularly with Ark.

Then again, I come from straight pipe V8s... so maybe I am just deaf now.

I took a video last year when the install was done. See what you think.

There are a few "sound stages" in this video. Each one is approximately 1 minute. Weird noises in the video are: phone vibrated, phone holder, box on the front seat.

00:00 to approx 1:00 mins sunroof open, windows closed
1:00 to approx 2:00 mins Everything closed
2:00 to approx 3:00 mins Everything open
3:00 to approx 4:00 Windows open, sunroof closed
The following users liked this post:
hockeyzbh (03-11-2017)
Old 03-20-2017, 07:10 PM
JakeG37

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I have the Berk HFC with Ark GRiP catback exhaust on my car also. I originally just has the exhaust with stock cats and wanted to gain more HP with the Berks. I do notice some rasp but its not that bad. I dont pop any codes using the Berks so thats nice. The next change I make will be once I go FI
Old 03-21-2017, 02:33 AM
hockeyzbh

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by JakeG37
I have the Berk HFC with Ark GRiP catback exhaust on my car also. I originally just has the exhaust with stock cats and wanted to gain more HP with the Berks. I do notice some rasp but its not that bad. I dont pop any codes using the Berks so thats nice. The next change I make will be once I go FI
Is the rasp only at certain rpm or is it constantly there even when cruising and stuff. keep hearing more and more about the rasp and its getting me scared.