Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction
Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G37? Find out the answer in here!

Help Boom`

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2012, 08:40 PM
ANMVQ
Registered Member

Received 394 Likes on 343 Posts
Unhappy Boom`

Didnt want to write the whole thing again here is the short version, Saturday car started knocking( Hello) and today died at the dealer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m2tz...e_gdata_player

I have bearly driven the damn thing, Bought and had the kit install was complete in Feb this year, Drove it for a few months and the SC issue came up July 7th, got the car back 15 days ago( Been at the dealer since tuesday) An, , ,, , ,, ,

The car just dumped all over the dealers floor , They confirmed that cyl 3 was junk. Low compresion 172 or something like that. They did not want to deal with the warranty issue so they where trying to have me take the car to Norwood( Where I bought the kit and had the install done) But we all remember why I did not want to go back there. So the the tech started the car put it in reverse and back up and BOOM!! CYL 3 rod blew a hole in the block and hit the floor, On top of that Norwood refused the car ( of course, they where HAPPY enough to take my $9600) But now there are issues again they refused the car, I have been on and off the phone with INF affairs all day.

Weird thing the dealer told me they could warranty the engine but I can not reinstall the SC???
Old 11-09-2012, 10:54 PM
warpeacelove

Received 38 Likes on 33 Posts
Well have them replace the faulty engine and just purchase your favorite "GTM SC" or TUR
BO.
Old 11-09-2012, 11:51 PM
G37Stampa

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by ANMVQ
Didnt want to write the whole thing again here is the short version, Saturday car started knocking( Hello) and today died at the dealer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m2tz...e_gdata_player

I have bearly driven the damn thing, Bought and had the kit install was complete in Feb this year, Drove it for a few months and the SC issue came up July 7th, got the car back 15 days ago( Been at the dealer since tuesday) An, , ,, , ,, ,

The car just dumped all over the dealers floor , They confirmed that cyl 3 was junk. Low compresion 172 or something like that. They did not want to deal with the warranty issue so they where trying to have me take the car to Norwood( Where I bought the kit and had the install done) But we all remember why I did not want to go back there. So the the tech started the car put it in reverse and back up and BOOM!! CYL 3 rod blew a hole in the block and hit the floor, On top of that Norwood refused the car ( of course, they where HAPPY enough to take my $9600) But now there are issues again they refused the car, I have been on and off the phone with INF affairs all day.

Weird thing the dealer told me they could warranty the engine but I can not reinstall the SC???
Have the dealer warrenty the motor. Sell the kit and get yourself a turbo kit and have it tuned be a reputable tuner and shop.
Old 11-10-2012, 12:41 AM
timp
Premier Member

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
So sorry to hear about your engine going ballistic. So wanted for you to break the 500 whp barrier. Don't give up.
Old 11-10-2012, 12:54 AM
TheLocNar
Registered Member

Received 66 Likes on 52 Posts
Cut your losses and have the dealer warranty a new engine. Sell the Stillen kit and be glad you still have the car.
Old 11-10-2012, 01:40 AM
G37Sam
Administrator

Received 242 Likes on 192 Posts
Wow!! This sucks man.. I'm surprised at all the issues you've been having.

We have a guy here that competes in a local racing series with his Stillen SC'ed 370Z..
Old 11-10-2012, 03:06 AM
Legz
Registered Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Been following your build for awhile, it's really too bad this happened
457awhp may be too much, taking auto/awd/sc parasitic drain into consideration, you're probably pushing close to 600 bhp, plus a poor tune may be too much for your motor . Hope all goes well
Old 11-10-2012, 09:39 AM
ANMVQ
Registered Member

I know the cutting of loses are being talked about , But really Cut them?? I could only get half of what I have into it for the kit $4500 + I would have to pay to go back to stock at least $2500 as I do not have all the stock parts, Intakes and injectors I know I do not have + what ever the labor is. Was $1700 to install it, So I'm out $7500, Hell for another $600 I can have a biult block, So cutting the loses are not an option for me,, But if they do not want me to reinstall the SC and they will warranty it, they are going to have to give my the $9600 they dealer talked me into spending with them with the false pretence that "lf" anything happened I would have FULL warranty. Can we say Fraud.
Old 11-11-2012, 07:45 AM
NoKaOi G37X
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
WOW! Sorry to read about your engine going BOOM! I have an X also and mine was done about a couple weeks after yours. I was hoping to see how you could make 500WHP. I don't think I'm close to your 412WHP. I spent 4 months trying to get my tune right. I hope you get your car issues sorted out and get a new engine. Best of luck!
Old 11-11-2012, 09:32 AM
ashmostro

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Sorry to hear about this

But I don't get why people are recommending the OP to ask the dealer to warranty the motor. If he's supercharged won't they just blame the kit? Am I missing something?
Old 11-11-2012, 11:18 AM
Modme
Registered Member

Received 80 Likes on 56 Posts
Originally Posted by ashmostro
Sorry to hear about this

But I don't get why people are recommending the OP to ask the dealer to warranty the motor. If he's supercharged won't they just blame the kit? Am I missing something?
Those of us that has been around longer know that ANMVQ had his dealership install the original kit and they agreed to warranty his car with warranty. Looks like they're starting to go back on their words.

Sorry to hear all the crap that has happened. Hope everything works out. FI is definitely a money sucker, especially if you make big plans.
Old 11-11-2012, 12:13 PM
ashmostro

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Ah, thanks! Well that sucks even more! Good luck man, I hope they do right by you. Do you have that promise in writing?
Old 11-11-2012, 02:36 PM
Adam West
Registered Member

Received 38 Likes on 31 Posts
At this pont you sure do have a lot of cash rolled up into the kit, install, etc. I would just have the dealer give you a new motor/bottom end under warranty and then take that block and have it built to make some real reliable power. Beefy forged internals will stand up to the power/torque you'd like to make and just back it up with a healthy/safe tune and you should not have to worry about reliability issues anymore. At that point you don't have a warranty anymore, but it seems like trying to get them to cover a stock-bottom end SC'd motor is a real issue anyways.
Old 11-11-2012, 04:45 PM
ANMVQ
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Modme
Those of us that has been around longer know that ANMVQ had his dealership install the original kit and they agreed to warranty his car with warranty. Looks like they're starting to go back on their words.

Sorry to hear all the crap that has happened. Hope everything works out. FI is definitely a money sucker, especially if you make big plans.
Thanx for filling him in on the situation, But to his point I do have it in writing , Here is my origonal paper work from Jan this year when the dealer installed and told me the install would not void anything
Attached Thumbnails Boom`-infiniti-factory-warranty-stillen.jpg  
Old 11-11-2012, 07:43 PM
GRG37

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by ANMVQ
Thanx for filling him in on the situation, But to his point I do have it in writing , Here is my origonal paper work from Jan this year when the dealer installed and told me the install would not void anything

Sorry to here about that, thats sucks, but last time i checked with stillen if you don't stick with their tune and modify their set up it voids everything. I am going down that path and i didn't here the end of it from stillen.

Quick Reply: Help Boom`