Build Threads

TannerGs Build

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2016, 12:26 AM
ZahyMatar
Registered Member

Received 339 Likes on 233 Posts
Originally Posted by TannerG
Hey guys so today I painted the grille an emblem. Tell me what you think!
Woah, you DIY'd your grille? That looks great! Seeing we're both in NC, would you consider helping a brotha out? hahahaha
Old 03-31-2016, 06:32 AM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,574 Likes on 3,425 Posts
Originally Posted by TannerG
caught a good shot of the emblem today.
Until seeing this pic, I didn't realized you painted the sides and the inner sections of the Fuji... thought all you did was paint the 1/4" edge. I wouldn't have painted the sides like that.

Overall, I do like it though.
Old 03-31-2016, 08:49 AM
TannerG

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by Rochester
Until seeing this pic, I didn't realized you painted the sides and the inner sections of the Fuji... thought all you did was paint the 1/4" edge. I wouldn't have painted the sides like that.

Overall, I do like it though.
Next weekend, weather permitting im going to paint the interior and sides black to match the girlle. It didn't happen last time only because I ran out of time (whoops). I thought that was a cool picture though because it showed the blue off well.

EDIT: Stay tuned I should be trying to get some other trim work and back emblem done this weekend or next. Blnewt has sent me the GTR tail light templates and I plan on tackling those.
Old 04-24-2016, 06:43 PM
TannerG

Well Ive got good news and Ive got bad news.

Bad news first is that on Friday, April 22nd, I lost my job. I was already looking for another job and had applied to other places but this was completely unexpected (and no I never looked for jobs or applied for jobs on my work computer). It wasn't a great place to work anyway but now I'm unexpectedly unemployed...With that said Mods are going to be super slow now until I can get a job.

The good news is I had already bought some stuff a couple of months ago that I thought would be a great way to spend a beautiful afternoon doing. I decided to go naked and also take off the all the badges on the back. I'm going to re-attach the fuji eventually when I get around to buying some adhesive. Blnewt had given me the templates for the GTR tails which I will eventually use but want to wait until I have a good tint on the rest of the car so it doesn't stand out like crazy.

So I smoked the tails and went with a bare naked butt for now.
Attached Thumbnails TannerGs Build-img_1036.jpg   TannerGs Build-img_1041.jpg  
Old 04-24-2016, 07:40 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,941 Likes on 4,174 Posts
Ouch, sorry to hear about your job
Hopefully things will take a good turn ASAP. Looking good back there, keep the faith brother!
Old 04-24-2016, 07:42 PM
TannerG

Originally Posted by blnewt
Ouch, sorry to hear about your job
Hopefully things will take a good turn ASAP. Looking good back there, keep the faith brother!
Thanks, Its a lot more obvious in person than picture for some reason.
Old 02-08-2017, 10:47 AM
TannerG

Well its been a while! I haven't been on the forum in months due to losing my job April 2015. Anyway I am now fully employed again after months of constant interviews and part time work. I obviously had to put mods and pretty much any thing car related on hold until the money flow was more than a trickle. So ill be adding stuff to this build over time and still have hopes and aspirations to complete my mod list! In the coming weeks I'll be fixing my Infiniti emblem on the front and be centering and customizing the back emblem. I look forward to browsing the forum again!
The following users liked this post:
blnewt (02-08-2017)
Old 02-08-2017, 09:33 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,941 Likes on 4,174 Posts
Great to hear things are again looking up for you Tanner, look forward to your posts again
The following users liked this post:
TannerG (02-09-2017)