Brakes, Suspension, Wheels & Tires
Rollers and Rubbers (View All Posts)

Alignment finally within specification after 1 year

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2011, 10:25 PM
l2awin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Alignment finally within specification after 1 year

So I had the Eibach Pro-Kit and SPC Camber Kit installed around 03/09. Took it to a dealership for an alignment. The technican told me I must have hit a pot hole or something because my left lower control arm is bent. Thats the reason he couldn't get everything within specification; the left side was off by a small amount (he knew I just installed the spring and camber kit). Since it wasn't much and the car wasn't driving to the left I didn't do anything. Time passes, I got some work done in the summer (07/09) at a different dealership; went ahead with another alignment. The dealership told me the same thing.. my left side is out again....I probably hit something. So, now I fully believe that there's something wrong with the car.

I finally took the car into a independent shop around where I live to get an estimate for the repair since I will be switching to a new set of summer tires soon. The shop looked at the car and said nothing seems to be bent although the car out of alignment. I told them there was the camber kit...could that be the problem? They took a couple more hours to loosen camber kit and align the car again....with good results! Props to Preferred Automotive in Rockville, MD.

Both dealership would probably charge me for the labor to inspect, replace a perfectly good control arm, and then tell me more work is needed to get everything in place...