Notices
Body Interior Exterior Lighting

Wiper Blade question

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2017, 01:01 AM
Miskonduct

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wiper Blade question

I purchased a set of OEM wiper blade refills. However, I had troubles getting the old blades off the housing. I think the wiper blade housing isn't OEM. I removed the housing off my car and took some pictures of it, hoping anybody can shed some light.
Attached Thumbnails Wiper Blade question-photo779.jpg   Wiper Blade question-photo938.jpg   Wiper Blade question-photo844.jpg  
Old 03-10-2017, 09:54 AM
Landshark
Registered Member

Received 187 Likes on 145 Posts
looks like it is.

FYI, the TRICO Flex beam-style wipers have the same side-loading mount as the factory ones, so they stay low on the window.

Old 03-12-2017, 08:23 PM
Miskonduct

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Landshark
looks like it is.

FYI, the TRICO Flex beam-style wipers have the same side-loading mount as the factory ones, so they stay low on the window.

Are there any good videos or tutorials on how to replace the wiper blades. I'm having troubles pull them out.
Old 03-13-2017, 07:35 PM
jpowersjr2
Registered Member

Received 218 Likes on 194 Posts
Should have just bought Bosch Icon's or Trico Onyx IMO. It's a j hook, so it should be pretty simple. The 3rd picture you posted is where the j hook slides in. To remove it there should be a little tab underneath that push/pull while at the same time pulling the wiper the correct way for the hook to slide out...if that makes sense.