Notices
Body Interior Exterior Lighting

Sequential Tail Lights - Ghozt LED sequencer

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2017, 10:10 PM
mydreamcar_g37x

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sequential Tail Lights - Ghozt LED sequencer

I got these from JP CUSTOMS 901 . . . they are the Ghozt sequencers hooked up to standard tail light housings. He cut them open and wired it all up and resealed the housing nice.

I think they're neat as I used to have sequencers on my old Pontiac Trans Am

View Video (Google Drive - plays like Youtube)

He put USB ports on them too so you can actually change the animations and such, but I haven't tried to yet.
Old 02-09-2017, 10:30 PM
WillCo1
Registered Member

Received 68 Likes on 51 Posts
Siiiccckk

I like it.

I wonder what the durability/longevity is with these tails?

Is he selling these? With a core swap or whatever?
Old 02-10-2017, 07:08 AM
mydreamcar_g37x

Not sure on durability/longevity since I just got them in. The housing is sealed completely though.... he put the actual circuitboard into a plastic box, and then I just zip-tied that behind the fabric trim in the trunk so it wouldn't get moist

He is selling them... For me he ordered housings and modded them and then sent it to me... had two wires to tap and the rest was plug and play
Old 02-10-2017, 07:26 AM
RMB5190
Super Moderator

Received 500 Likes on 429 Posts
Interested in this. Need more info
Old 02-10-2017, 07:46 AM
mydreamcar_g37x

Originally Posted by RMB5190
Interested in this. Need more info
Well I just put them in a couple weeks ago so feel free to ask me any questions

If it's more technical you should probably talk to the guy who makes them at JP CUSTOMS 901 because I am a total newbie at wiring/electrical

So I guess I will be more descriptive a little more with what these are and what you get from the guy... I didn't post this earlier because I didn't want people thinking I was paid to advertise here or something. I don't know, maybe I am just being paranoid about it

So:

The Ghozt circuit board has wires to all the individual LEDs in the housing... this is why he cuts them open to wire it and then seals it again (it is really good, there's just a seam - don't worry)

It has animations for light turning on/off and turn signals. Turn signal animation is used for hazard lights. There is also "show mode" where you can have animations play in a loop.

JP 901 puts USB ports on the back of each housing. You have to pop the trim off to get to it and unscrew the housing to access the usb ports... you use this USB tool that connects to your computer and you can reprogram the lights with any animations or make your own with the ghozt software... the USB thingy is sold separately but JP can sell you one.

I honestly haven't tried this yet because I don't have the g37 sedan tail light loadout for the Ghozt PC software. I emailed Ghozt because the
G37 Sedan Tail download link is broken. They said it's just in the folder with the other layouts but it isn't. So no luck getting the files from the actual guys who support it... I am sure they will fix it eventually... I will email JP sometime and try to get it, but I am satisfied with the way the light are currently so I haven't been in any rush.

What I want to do is modify the show mode because you can do neat stuff with that:

oh, and JP sends two remote controls that can be used to remotely start/stop "Show Mode" which is fun
Old 02-10-2017, 08:40 AM
RMB5190
Super Moderator

The slow sequential is what I like, similar to the beginning of the second posted video; or slightly slower than yours. The crazy stuff I'm not too worried about. A little too showy for me. What do you mean by seam? I would assume the headlights are heated where the two pieces are joined and pulled apart; similar to a halo install.
Old 02-10-2017, 09:25 AM
mydreamcar_g37x

The slow sequential is what I like, similar to the beginning of the second posted video; or slightly slower than yours. The crazy stuff I'm not too worried about. A little too showy for me. What do you mean by seam? I would assume the headlights are heated where the two pieces are joined and pulled apart; similar to a halo install.
If you want it customized you will probably have to get the little USB tool and modify the animations in the software, but I would guess it's doable... I haven't tried...

As for the seam the back plastic on the tail light housings are severed in half somehow and then... melted (?) back together. I don't really know much on the process. It doesn't look like the front lens came out, though. It's all on the backside. I imagine it gives JP easier access to the rear of the LED's so he can do the wiring if he goes in that way instead.
Old 02-10-2017, 09:36 AM
RMB5190
Super Moderator

OK, I thought he cut the lens part open or something crazy. Probably don't do it the way I mentioned above to create as little chance for moisture as possible. Care if I send you some PMs regarding the process? Interested in the process, did you have to send in your tails to be modified and wait for them to be returned; or was it a core swap kind of thing? Also, what was the turn around time and pricing? Not sure how sensitive you were when it came to sharing that info but you can post here if it was something that didn't bother you.
Old 02-10-2017, 12:32 PM
mydreamcar_g37x

OK, I thought he cut the lens part open or something crazy. Probably don't do it the way I mentioned above to create as little chance for moisture as possible. Care if I send you some PMs regarding the process? Interested in the process, did you have to send in your tails to be modified and wait for them to be returned; or was it a core swap kind of thing? Also, what was the turn around time and pricing? Not sure how sensitive you were when it came to sharing that info but you can post here if it was something that didn't bother you.
You can PM me or just post here, either way. I don't want to step on JPs toes on pricing so definitely contact him to get a quote. What I did is just have him order NEW housing so I can keep the original housing if I resell the car.

He kept getting broken housing from his vendor, though, so the turnaround time was very long. I ordered in October 16 and got them in January 17. I think that is a worst-case scenario, though.
Old 02-10-2017, 12:53 PM
RMB5190
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by mydreamcar_g37x
You can PM me or just post here, either way. I don't want to step on JPs toes on pricing so definitely contact him to get a quote. What I did is just have him order NEW housing so I can keep the original housing if I resell the car.

He kept getting broken housing from his vendor, though, so the turnaround time was very long. I ordered in October 16 and got them in January 17. I think that is a worst-case scenario, though.
That's fine as long as they keep you posted and updated. I'll send a PM and see what I'm looking at. Trying to do some aesthetics now while its freezing outside here.
Old 02-10-2017, 04:29 PM
steven92

Received 32 Likes on 30 Posts
are these police friendly?
Old 02-10-2017, 04:34 PM
mydreamcar_g37x

Originally Posted by steven92
are these police friendly?
Well before I bought them I couldn't find any laws against them. The brake lights are not animated, which I believe is the #1 thing that would be illegal.

Some states have problems with the hazards being sequential. Others don't.

If I get pulled over I will let you know. All modern Mustangs have the sequential lights right off the lot so hoping this falls into that category.

I also have a lawyer on retainer so I would likely try to push back if I got a ticket for this.