Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

Help Head Unit Won't Load??

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2017, 10:49 AM
Reload

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Head Unit Won't Load??

Hello! I have been working on my car lately for the audio system specifically. I had been working on moving some wire around I had sitting in the back of my trunk because I had recently got a new custom box and some sound deadening. Well I have not installed it yet and just cleaned up my trunk and got everything ready.

When I tried starting my car I had realized that my head unit will not load anything! When I start my car the head unit is dead at first. After about 10 seconds the display will light up. That is it. Nothing is displayed. I am not sure what went wrong. Please HELP!

What I have previously done to my car:
I have added a LC7i and two 12" subs with a 4000w amp. It has been running smoothly so far and has sounded fantastic.
Old 02-12-2017, 11:31 AM
Elco
Registered Member

Received 37 Likes on 32 Posts
Check if the connectors are plugged in correctly.
The big connector on the head unit is identical with one of the connectors from AC amp. And is very easy to swap them by mistake.
Usually, the AC amp connectors have a yellow tape on the wiring.

If the head unit is connected correctly, then a dead HDD on the unit may cause such problems.