Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

Quiet Cabin

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2015, 12:45 AM
mezzo
Green Eyes!

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts
Sorry haven't posted an update yet. Work has been crazy busy. I did knock out most of the trunk area! I just have to finish up with the luxury liner pro in a few spots and the trunk area will be done. I did take some pics that I will sure to post up in the coming days. I ran out of the damplifier pro though doing the trunk. Used all 30 sq. feet I purchased. (bought the Damplifier Pro B-Stock Pro Bulk Pack 18 Sheets).I do notice the difference already. Music sounds more full and the cabin already quieter.

I have a buddy that says he has damplifier pro like material at work and would gather some up for me. He is in Mexico though on vacation and wont be back till next week. So I'm going to wait to see if he can come though other wise I will be purchasing some more to do the backseat area which I will pull the backseat out to do, and then the rear floor boards. Not going to do the front. I will probably need a few more feet of the luxury liner pro as well. Purchased 36 sq ft to boot.

One suggestion that I can already give is to use the super strong double sided adhesive tape they sell for doing the install instead of the spray adhesive. For what ever reason the spray adhesive bottle isn't very sticky, even after letting it get tacky, and in addition the bottle goes way to fast. So I scratched using the spray adhesive all together and just using their tape. Which is a great deal for how strong it is. Especially compared to comparative commercial products you find out home depot and what not.

Funny enough though, I had my fast intentions resonated high flow cats thrown on today, and paired with my fast intentions 18 inch resonated cat back exhaust, the exhaust note is absolutely perfect. Their isn't much of any drone what so ever in fact which is quite surprising. Shame ill be quieting the cabin now almost lol. I will finish it though and post back pics and more thoughts on the experience and results.
Old 08-21-2015, 02:13 AM
JakeG37

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Thanks for the update. I have read its recommended to use industrial strength velcro for the LLP (or whatever brand you get) since you dont need to "seal" anything per say. An advantage to that is, you can remove sections of the LLP if you ever need to get behind it for maintenance.

So how much LLP do you think you will have used for the trunk? I estimated about 16sqft but I have been waiting to hear the updates from you first.
Old 09-02-2015, 08:50 AM
JakeG37

Mez, update!
Old 09-06-2015, 07:38 PM
JakeG37

I just started doing the CLD tiles and LLP in my trunk. There is quite a bit of factory deadener on the bottom of the trunk already. I added a few small pieces to the bottom and focused more on the rear of the trunk and sides. I did about 40% coverage making sure to get the spots that really needed it. Putting CLD everywhere is a waste.

As for the LLP I did the entire bottom but I am not sure I can do all of the sides. The material is so thick I wouldn't be able to install the stock liner and plastic pieces for the spare tire. I don't see how 100% coverage is even possible. I will just have to be happy with what I can do. Wish Mezz would show us some pics
Old 09-06-2015, 11:05 PM
JakeG37

Ok, I just ripped out the back seat and removed the side panels from the rear. Will be removing the rear shelf cover once I figure out whats holding the edges in. Will be adding CLD to a good portion of the back seat area. May also add some LLP under the seat. Ive been at this for 7 hours today (lots of breaks) and I think I will get back to work on it tomorrow. Hopefully I will have some pics for you guys after I get humpty back together again.
The following users liked this post:
drewfinity (09-07-2015)
Old 09-08-2015, 12:56 AM
JakeG37

Ok here are some pics from wild weekend of deadening. Sorry I didnt take pics of the LLP under the seat but just know its there. I also added some more CLD tiles in areas after I took these pics. I sweat my *** off and took up a 3 day weekend doing all of this. Im glad I did it, but I am not looking to do this anytime again too soon Oh, the exhaust drone is noticeably less but it is still present. Its hard to gauge road noise but it does seem a little less from the back. I havent tackled the doors yet, so maybe I will look at doing this next weekend. I used 9 sqft of LLP in the trunk and a little under 9 sqft under the back seat. I have 18 sqft of LLP left so I will try and do the doors also. Hell, the doors are going to be childs play compared to the trunk and back seat. Oh, and putting all the crap back in the trunk (plastic pieces for the tire, etc) was a bitch. I couldnt do anymore LLP, such as on the sides or I would never get that in there. I dread having to remove it again after the body shop gets done doing my repairs to my bumper (stupid chick hit me at the gas station while I was parked at the pump). I have to reinstall my laser jammer sensors so I will need to get under that plastic to reconnect them.
Attached Thumbnails Quiet Cabin-file-sep-07-9-44-54-pm.jpeg   Quiet Cabin-file-sep-07-9-45-39-pm.jpeg   Quiet Cabin-file-sep-07-9-45-22-pm.jpeg   Quiet Cabin-file-sep-07-9-45-59-pm.jpeg  
Old 04-20-2016, 12:59 PM
dflores

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I was following this thread a while back because I have a long commute on a mostly concrete freeway, and on 20's the road noise is maddening. I paid a shop to completely blanket the interior in a Dynamat-like product, as well as some foam layer, but it made little difference with the road noise. I ended up spraying Second Skin Spectrum in the front wheel wells and that did the trick. The strut towers used to sound tinny when you tapped on them, now they sound solid.