Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

USB to bluetooth audio adapter

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2015, 02:53 AM
TByrd_McCloy

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Can confirm that the $10 NAXA adapter does not seem to work with 2012 w/NAV
The following users liked this post:
Dj1ofDet (06-24-2015)
Old 01-22-2015, 11:01 AM
Swaj420

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Can confirm that the $10 NAXA NAB-4003 adaptor works with a 2011 G37 Bose w/o Nav. This is with my HTC 1m8 phone. To the above post, I notice that if I turn the volume all the way up on my phone, the volume of the music coming through my car speakers will also get louder. Maybe try this and it will sound better on your unit with NAV.
Old 01-23-2015, 04:14 PM
08G37SBLUE

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
This thing works great!!!

Amazon.com: Kinivo BTC450 Bluetooth Hands-Free Car Kit for Cars with Aux Input Jack (3.5 mm) - supports aptX: Cell Phones & Accessories Amazon.com: Kinivo BTC450 Bluetooth Hands-Free Car Kit for Cars with Aux Input Jack (3.5 mm) - supports aptX: Cell Phones & Accessories
Old 01-24-2015, 12:53 PM
sukyle25

You got me all excited there for a minute about another option! Sadly, my 2012 doesn't have an AUX input, so it won't work.
Old 01-28-2015, 12:28 AM
GeauxChiro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Any ideas on how to reduce the skipping and lag?
Old 01-30-2015, 10:03 PM
sukyle25

The lag is annoying, and I haven't found a way to completely get rid of it. However, I've found that that if I stop the current track, and restart it, the lag seems minimal. If I just get in my car and switch to usb playback and a track starts playing, the lag seems much worse than if I stop it, and restart it. Not really sure why though.
Old 01-31-2015, 06:06 PM
smilinsteve
Registered Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by sukyle25
The lag is annoying, and I haven't found a way to completely get rid of it. However, I've found that that if I stop the current track, and restart it, the lag seems minimal. If I just get in my car and switch to usb playback and a track starts playing, the lag seems much worse than if I stop it, and restart it. Not really sure why though.
Maybe the device has some buffer memory, and pausing allows the buffer to fill up. Buffer is what keeps music playing even if there is a momentary lapse in the streaming.
Old 02-09-2015, 06:11 PM
thatbriiguy

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Does anyone have a solution without lag? Seems like Naxa NAB-4003 is the best option but still has minor lag issues. So close, yet so far from finding something that works!
Old 02-09-2015, 07:54 PM
ross7778

Originally Posted by thatbriiguy
Does anyone have a solution without lag? Seems like Naxa NAB-4003 is the best option but still has minor lag issues. So close, yet so far from finding something that works!
No solutions that I know of. I gave up on it and went back to direct connection to my iPhone.
Old 02-28-2015, 09:57 PM
rolliedogg

Just wanted to give another possible solution

I recently bought a 2011G25x. Quite surprised there were no way to get music from my Android phone. No Aux input. No audio BT. Only connection is for an IPod/iPhone USB.

I've researched for hours - looking at hardware mods, etc. Well as of this morning, I was streaming Pandora and playing local stored music from my Android phone. It was easy, fast and free.

I am using the HFP BlueTooth connection that is used for pairing your phone for phone calls. I downloaded an app called BTMusic. There are several other apps that are similar. I paired my phone, start the app and then stream or play play music on my phone. The music comes thru the car speakers. Volume is very good and quality is acceptable. The screen shows a phone connection and has timer showing length of call. Obviously no steering controls etc., but remember it was free, quick and easy.

So the app is just "tricking" the car into connecting your phone as it would for a phone call. Anyway, just wanted to share the ability to use the HFP Bluetooth connection.
Old 03-02-2015, 11:50 AM
smilinsteve
Registered Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by rolliedogg

I recently bought a 2011G25x. Quite surprised there were no way to get music from my Android phone. No Aux input. No audio BT. Only connection is for an IPod/iPhone USB.

I've researched for hours - looking at hardware mods, etc. Well as of this morning, I was streaming Pandora and playing local stored music from my Android phone. It was easy, fast and free.

I am using the HFP BlueTooth connection that is used for pairing your phone for phone calls. I downloaded an app called BTMusic. There are several other apps that are similar. I paired my phone, start the app and then stream or play play music on my phone. The music comes thru the car speakers. Volume is very good and quality is acceptable. The screen shows a phone connection and has timer showing length of call. Obviously no steering controls etc., but remember it was free, quick and easy.

So the app is just "tricking" the car into connecting your phone as it would for a phone call. Anyway, just wanted to share the ability to use the HFP Bluetooth connection.

Good info. I'm going to try that!
Old 03-18-2015, 10:58 AM
HarryDunne

So am I correct in assuming the audio controls via bluetooth on my 2011 G37x w/nav should allow my Iphone 6 Plus to connect as an audio device?

Edit: I tried and first it said "No audio device connected." Then I connected it via USB in the center armrest. It came up as Ipod, but no track info shows up...just a prompt that tells me no music is displayed. Awesome.

Last edited by HarryDunne; 03-18-2015 at 11:41 AM.
Old 03-28-2015, 03:33 PM
ZRob916

My Bluetooth Setup

Originally Posted by Got_G?
Is this the only bluetooth adapter that works with g37 or any other bluetooth usb adapter would work?
I have a 2010 G37 Journey Package with Nav. I wanted Bluetooth streaming in my car but wanted the info to pop on the screen as well. I have conquered this problem by purchasing 2 products off Amazon. The first thing I purchased as anyone know has been looking into this problem knows is the Tune2Air Bluetooth Adapter. I have done a lot of research and this item is one of a kind. but the problem i ran into is that my Ipod adapter is compatible to power the adapter so i purchased the CableJive dockStubz adapter off amazon as well. so I have a Micro usb plugged into the Cablejive adapter which power the Tune2Air adapter. this setup works GREAT. I stream Spotify and the nav picks up the info and displays all info. 2 minor problems i have encountered is when connected to wifi and playing music when leaving home the music will skip. Quick fix is that i turn off Wifi before starting the car and all is fine. Last problem I have encountered is occasionally i have to seen when the dispaly will say no song but play the music. quick fix is to open the ipod app (now called "music" on iphones) and play a song just to get the info on the screen and then go back to Sportify and problem fixed. I also bought the Iottie magnetic dock for my car and I love that as well. allows quick docking and undocking for my Iphone 6 Plus, here are some pics of my set up. THIS SET UP HAS BEEN TESTED WITH IPHONE 6 PLUS AND A GALAXY S 5 and both work!!!
Attached Thumbnails USB to bluetooth audio adapter-img_2235.jpg   USB to bluetooth audio adapter-img_2237.jpg   USB to bluetooth audio adapter-img_2238.jpg   USB to bluetooth audio adapter-img_2236.jpg   USB to bluetooth audio adapter-img_2234.jpg  

Last edited by ZRob916; 03-28-2015 at 03:39 PM.
Old 04-01-2015, 10:40 AM
GFTW
Registered Member

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by ZRob916
I have a 2010 G37 Journey Package with Nav. I wanted Bluetooth streaming in my car but wanted the info to pop on the screen as well. I have conquered this problem by purchasing 2 products off Amazon. The first thing I purchased as anyone know has been looking into this problem knows is the Tune2Air Bluetooth Adapter. I have done a lot of research and this item is one of a kind. but the problem i ran into is that my Ipod adapter is compatible to power the adapter so i purchased the CableJive dockStubz adapter off amazon as well. so I have a Micro usb plugged into the Cablejive adapter which power the Tune2Air adapter. this setup works GREAT. I stream Spotify and the nav picks up the info and displays all info. 2 minor problems i have encountered is when connected to wifi and playing music when leaving home the music will skip. Quick fix is that i turn off Wifi before starting the car and all is fine. Last problem I have encountered is occasionally i have to seen when the dispaly will say no song but play the music. quick fix is to open the ipod app (now called "music" on iphones) and play a song just to get the info on the screen and then go back to Sportify and problem fixed. I also bought the Iottie magnetic dock for my car and I love that as well. allows quick docking and undocking for my Iphone 6 Plus, here are some pics of my set up. THIS SET UP HAS BEEN TESTED WITH IPHONE 6 PLUS AND A GALAXY S 5 and both work!!!
I have tried the exact setup but it didn't work on my car. My car doesn't have navi though. Btw, I thought the navi package came with bluetooth music streaming
Old 04-02-2015, 01:32 PM
G-unOt

Originally Posted by rolliedogg

I tried this app last night. It does work, but the sound quality is terrible. Think of listening to music with all the background noise of a phone call. Its a good free option if you youre listening to podcast or something, but not ideal for music.
Im going try a cheap bt receiver next, since I have aux input.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/181486671855?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
The following users liked this post:
MStrike (11-17-2021)

Quick Reply: USB to bluetooth audio adapter