Notices
Body Interior Exterior Lighting

Should i sell my g37 and buy a g37 from auction ?

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2017, 01:09 PM
Baby-Zilla671

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Should i sell my g37 and buy a g37 from auction ?

Hello newbie here to the forums, sorry if i'm doing this wrong please correct me later, as i barely know what i'm doing but i need some word of advice, well recently my little brother manage to have taken my car and went off for a cruise came back with a front end collision, hit and runned , i just got the car too ! 80k miles 08' G37s barely got it insured or registered * didn't have time *, i was wondering whats my best bet would be, i got it for 10.3 K, i marked all the parts that i needed, rounded it around to 3k in parts "GAHD damn those headlights are expensive” i was thinking of bringing it to a body shop get a quote if it's less than 3k *which i doubt' i'll do it, but on the other hand i was thinking of getting a parts car straight from the auction with a cherry front end and just do it myself and whatever left over parts sell it online or locally ? any word would be appreciated,

also i had something in mind since my car is a clean title and i don't really care about resale value cause im planning on keeping a G for a lonngg time till my heart gives out , was wondering if i could get it fixed and resell it, and get a salvaged g37 and rebuild/repair it and have like a couple grand to play with
Old 06-03-2017, 01:38 PM
PNW_IPL
Registered Member

Received 543 Likes on 435 Posts
If the auction g is 3k or less sure. But you would still have to paint. If you dont care about title just pay deductible. Unless you didnt have ins. In which case source used parts as much as possible via ebay or Craigslist. Cant say id reccomend buying a wrecked G with little to no experience tho.
Touch choice if no ins. If insured pay deduct.
Old 06-19-2017, 06:21 PM
ezbme
Registered Member

Received 35 Likes on 32 Posts
Can't you just you pick a part, or something like that? There are a lot of salvage shops, esp in the U.S. My ex smashed up my JAG twice, it was around 2700 to repair with paint.
Old 06-20-2017, 08:53 AM
RMB5190
Super Moderator

Received 500 Likes on 429 Posts
I think your best bet is going to be hitting the salvage yards for what you need; and be prepared to get whatever you pick up painted. Get it painted before installing as it will be cheaper.

Not sure what all is needed but you may want to pop the hood and make sure all the internals are intact as well.

On a side note, your brother was involved in a hit and run in your car....? I'd make sure he wasn't at fault as I'd not want my vehicle associated with this and if not, sorry to say, your brother probably wrecked your car driving like a jack *** and made up a BS story...I'd be making him pay for damages. You know, accountability and responsibility and all...