Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

Dot Matrix Liquid Crystel display Messed up

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2011, 07:36 PM
needsoju
Registered Member

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Dot Matrix Liquid Crystel display Messed up

I just noticed something weird on my Dot matrix liquid crystal display/odometer. It developed some kind of snow flake image on it and it doesn't go away. Any idea what the heck this is?

I am sure this is a defect, but I don't think its something easy to fix.. I am afraid dash board needs to be removed, and if this is the case, I would wait until just before warranty expires getting it fixed. I don't want to introduce possible rattles to fix this. I heard once dash is removed ur car is never the same.

Last edited by needsoju; 03-11-2011 at 08:21 PM. Reason: added "before"
Old 03-11-2011, 08:02 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
Why wouldn't you get a new one for free while it is still under warranty?
Old 03-12-2011, 04:41 PM
Djfarhan
Registered Member

Received 79 Likes on 65 Posts
Question

^ + 1
Old 04-04-2011, 09:35 PM
Maxpilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by test007
I just noticed something weird on my Dot matrix liquid crystal display/odometer. It developed some kind of snow flake image on it and it doesn't go away. Any idea what the heck this is?

I am sure this is a defect, but I don't think its something easy to fix.. I am afraid dash board needs to be removed, and if this is the case, I would wait until just before warranty expires getting it fixed. I don't want to introduce possible rattles to fix this. I heard once dash is removed ur car is never the same.
I agree about rattles in the dash after it is taken apart. I had my heater core on my 08 replaced and the dash, steering wheel and other parts rattled or creeked or made weird noises afterward. The dealer said it was normal. That being said, I don't think they would have to take too much apart to fix your issue.
Old 04-05-2011, 03:02 PM
CDONNS

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by test007
I am afraid dash board needs to be removed, and if this is the case, I would wait until just before warranty expires getting it fixed. I don't want to introduce possible rattles to fix this. I heard once dash is removed ur car is never the same.

So, your logic is to get it fixed before the warranty is up so you don't have to deal with rattling in the interim (between now and warranty being up)? Wouldn't you want to exhaust all warranty options while the warranty is intact, ie. rattles starting because of this fix? If you wait till the warranty is almost up you won't have the opportunity to fix the rattles then.
Old 04-06-2011, 05:07 PM
needsoju
Registered Member

Okay LCD panel has been replaced. It wasn't too bad.
Only had to remove driver side display panel (thing that moves up and down)
They didn't take too much apart. So far no rattle, so I am good.
Old 04-06-2011, 05:10 PM
needsoju
Registered Member

Well my logic here was that, once rattle is in, no matter if you have warranty, it's going to be pain in the butt to get rid of. That's all.
Old 07-13-2016, 01:42 PM
Timothy Pieper
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I am having the same issue, minus having a warranty. It started small and then spread almost like something was slowly crawling upwards across the display. There is currently I small oddly shaped line in the center of the display. Is there any other remedy aside from getting the display replaced?