MyG37

MyG37 (https://www.myg37.com/forums/)
-   Site Feedback & Suggestions (https://www.myg37.com/forums/site-feedback-and-suggestions-51/)
-   -   For Sale threads showing "SOLD" when not sold (https://www.myg37.com/forums/site-feedback-and-suggestions/288608-for-sale-threads-showing-sold-when-not-sold.html)

saywat? 07-03-2018 08:07 PM

its been like that since i posted in the for sale forum 2 years ago.. i just ignore it i got tired of having to check and click unsold

Black Betty 07-08-2018 03:23 PM

OK, so I’ve got a solution to this issue and it makes perfect sense now. Here’s what’s happening:

If a seller posts a FS thread in Private Classifieds and it has no activity for more than 30 days, the thread auto closed and marks the thread as sold. If anyone posts in the thread (including the thread poster) it doesn’t close. So if you’re selling something in classifieds, if there’s no activity in your thread for 30 days, bump your thread to keep it open and active. Otherwise it will be seen as dormant and it will be closed and marked sold. If you want it reopened, PM a staff member and we will reopen it. Or keep it active and it won’t auto close.

Problem solved.

saywat? 07-11-2018 09:47 PM

can it be changed to say closed instead of sold?

IB Cheryl 07-13-2018 07:33 PM

Hey all,

Apologies for the technical issues going on with listings in the marketplace. It looks like the time limit for for sale listings only started working recently and decided to mark a couple of current listings as sold. :dunno: I went ahead and extended the time limit so this should stop happening for any listings posted currently. This should do the trick :biggthumpup:

Feel free to update me if you notice that this issue occurs again for listings posted after today. Thanks!

unc0808 07-15-2018 05:49 PM

Originally Posted by Black Betty (Post 4205934)
OK, so I’ve got a solution to this issue and it makes perfect sense now. Here’s what’s happening:

If a seller posts a FS thread in Private Classifieds and it has no activity for more than 30 days, the thread auto closed and marks the thread as sold. If anyone posts in the thread (including the thread poster) it doesn’t close. So if you’re selling something in classifieds, if there’s no activity in your thread for 30 days, bump your thread to keep it open and active. Otherwise it will be seen as dormant and it will be closed and marked sold. If you want it reopened, PM a staff member and we will reopen it. Or keep it active and it won’t auto close.

Problem solved.

Just FYI my threads we're getting closed within days of listing. Definitely not around 30 days.

Seems all is OK now as my 2 listings haven't been closed since I posted this thread. Strange.

slartibartfast 07-15-2018 08:12 PM

Site devs recently found out that a routine that checks for stale ads (older than 30 days) had not worked then suddenly did. It was this sudden start that caught some fresh ads. Stale parameter has been lengthened but I don't know what it is. Maybe 45 days?

IB Cheryl 07-16-2018 03:01 PM

Glad that it is a-okay now!

IB Jason and I decided to lengthen it to 120 days to fix the threads being marked "sold" when not sold. Let me know if there are issues with this parameter.