Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OEM Midnight Grille Scam

Category: Exterior - Body Parts
Price: $175
Private or Vendor Listing: Private Listing
Part fits: 2010+ G37 Coupe, 2008-2009 G37 Coupe, Other Model G's
Location (State/Prov): VA
Item Condition: Brand New

Ok just verified contentes of package today - took an extra day longer than expected with USPS.

Buyers from this seller beware seller does indeed just paint over the regular oem chrome grilles with what seems like regular rattle can spray paint.

Here are some pictures of what I received.

These were taken by my iphone and not sure how clear it is but you can definitely see bubbles, blotches, poor drying and handling of a subpar paint job.

Seller is also very disrespectful - argued that he was right in saying that these were oem midnight grilles. I do have text messages of our conversations that I will most likely turn into my CC company if they request it as evidence or to assist them.

Once again, buyers beware of this person's items that he is selling.
Old 05-09-2012, 08:01 PM
ratm68

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
post screen capture of your text conversation if you can. Pretty shady stuff.
Old 05-09-2012, 09:44 PM
Lucster

i also purchased a grille from him and have not received it yet, if i receive what is above i will charge back also. I am actually going to charge back now anyways because he is very disrespectful and has not gotten me tracking numbers whats-so-ever.

He has ALSO told me like the others that it is a OEM grille and sent me a picture of nissan receipt stickers sort of.

I have proof he stated these grilles were profesionally done by Infiniti

Last edited by Lucster; 05-09-2012 at 10:00 PM.
Old 05-09-2012, 10:04 PM
GET_SOME

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
this seller has been nothing but shady and a scammer since day one. i have seen the texts sent to lucster and he does say that it is an oem midnight grill from infinity. I hope we see the hammer for this scammer.
Old 05-09-2012, 10:24 PM
Lucster

Its funny i put his texts in pictures and sent them as group texts to the Infiniti Miami krew and he thinks he is slick edditing his thread with 'adding a smiley face' when mods can see that he eddited ' oem ' to 'custom'
Old 05-09-2012, 10:26 PM
Topher9425
Premier Member

Received 122 Likes on 115 Posts
LOL....I even called him out on editing it about 30 minutes after he did it on the forums! at that exact moment, all the texts stopped, and he told me to GFMS lol
Old 05-09-2012, 10:50 PM
Lucster

I'm getting my $ back.

Last edited by Lucster; 05-09-2012 at 11:39 PM.
Old 05-10-2012, 12:34 AM
idajones

Yes those that have purchased anything from him I would definitely try to get your money back in any way possible.
Old 05-10-2012, 02:08 AM
Ontario G37S

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts
I really didn't want to post anything about this, but since I see other members having the similar issues......

I'm still waiting for my grille to arrive as well, although I purchased the "professionally painted glossy black grille" from his other post. Communication was good at first, pleasant and helpful. Even have been texting him. He even sent me pics of the grille he was shipping.

However that's when things started to go downhill when he promised it would ship the next day, then the next....I had to keep asking him if he shipped then I would get a response of promising me to ship it out next day and he'll give me a tracking number. Next response was he had another Canadian buyer and he would ship both at the same time. This is when I started to worry when he kept asking for my address, especially when this was after he finally said he already shipped it out. I asked on several occasions for a tracking number in which he said he would get it to me after he gets home from work. Never got one. Told me 7-10 days to get to California according to USPS and has no idea to Canada. I understand sometimes things get delayed and normally I wouldn't think twice, however the last response I got from him irked me.

After not getting a tracking number from him and still no grille, I finally had to tell him that I was wondering why I hadn't got a tracking number he promised to give me and why he kept asking for my address if he already stated he shipped yet and I told him sorry to say but I smelled something fishy about this transaction. That's when he started to get rude with me.

Instead of simply explaining that there was no tracking number since only 5 other buyers had paid extra for that option, and that he had to pay extra out of his own pocket for shipping (even though we had agreed on the shipping cost before payment and he was fine with that, but still brought it up on several occasions) that I don't have a tracking number (even though he said he had one for me before). Instead I had a rude response that I was talking ****, he isn't ripping anyone off. Someone in California who bought a grille still hasn't recieved theirs and when mine arrives I can text him back with an apology.

Well so far I haven't seen anything in my mailbox. I see others have recieved theirs even though they may have issues of what he sold, maybe there is still a glimmer of hope mine may still arrive. However, I'm starting to feel like my paypal payment (as a gift, stupid me!) maybe gone for good. I hope I'm wrong. If not, lesson learned.

I only write this only to serve those who want to purchase things here is always have the buyer beware in the back of their minds no matter the amount of feedback someone has, especially when its only from sellers and not actual buyers.

Last edited by Ontario G37S; 05-10-2012 at 04:08 AM. Reason: Forgot to add details
Old 05-10-2012, 02:57 AM
VossenG37S

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
He won't get away with this! I know lots of people that live local to him and I have his address from me shipping a set of floor mats to him. I have been ripped off before and can't stand guys like this. Yes he deserves to be banned and probably will be. He really needs to refund everyone he screwed over ASAP before things get worse for him, it's just not right.
Old 05-10-2012, 03:03 AM
Lucster

Originally Posted by VossenG37S
He won't get away with this! I know lots of people that live local to him and I have his address from me shipping a set of floor mats to him. I have been ripped off before and can't stand guys like this. Yes he deserves to be banned and probably will be. He really needs to refund everyone he screwed over ASAP before things get worse for him, it's just not right.
When i told him i was returning it due to his lack of reasonable customer service he started laughing via text and said good thing i didn't put a return address, if you can leave me his information i'll ship it back to him once i return it on his own cost.
Old 05-10-2012, 03:32 AM
VossenG37S

I got you !
Old 05-10-2012, 03:44 AM
GraphiteG37S

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally Posted by BlueOut
No it's not a Factory midnight grille, I never said they were I said custom midnight grilles, nobody is Scamming any1
What is 'custom' about these midnight grilles?
Old 05-10-2012, 03:55 AM
Ontario G37S

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by VossenG37S
The only problem is while he maybe banned for the reasons in this thread, it doesn't take much to come back with a new membership. Look what 1sicG did until he slipped up with this GTR rim question.
Old 05-10-2012, 04:08 AM
VossenG37S

Buyers just beware with noobs with very low posts. Many can come back under a new screename we just gotta be smarter with purchases from noobs. BTW Mike keep me updated on our pm convo.

Quick Reply: FS Midnight grille