Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2015, 10:03 AM
connoisseurr
Premier Member

Received 182 Likes on 128 Posts

Category: Brakes
Price: $1000
Private or Vendor Listing: Private Listing
Part fits: 2010+ G37 Coupe, 2010+ G37 Sedan, 2008-2009 G37 Coupe, 2008-2009 G37 Sedan, Other Model G's
Location (State/Prov): VA
Item Condition: Brand New

Originally Posted by Ryne
If I had a nickel for every time a sale fell through - that's why I always recommend to take asking/above asking while the getting is good. I'm sure someone will come through with your asking price, and when they do, I recommend just taking the money and running without poking around for other offers. GLWS
No doubt about taking and running. However, I do business in an orderly fashion. I created a buyers list and went down the line. I've dealt with this many times on VWVortex (which is a lowballer's paradise) and you'll get 10 people offering to pay with 1 actually doing it. It's just easier to go down a line in order of contacted interest.
Old 04-01-2015, 02:31 PM
lake985
Registered Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Bump for some sweet looking calipers and a great seller!
Old 04-01-2015, 02:44 PM
FelipeRueda

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I backed out because seller just got a bit to ambitious. Money is in the bank right now but I prefer to deal with people that hold on to their word. Not trying to offend.

Cheers,
Felipe.
Old 04-01-2015, 03:01 PM
connoisseurr
Premier Member

Originally Posted by FelipeRueda
I backed out because seller just got a bit to ambitious. Money is in the bank right now but I prefer to deal with people that hold on to their word. Not trying to offend. Cheers, Felipe.
I was never ambitious - I don't get why you and others were assuming that. I setup a list to let people know where they were on the buying order. Again I wasn't asking for $1100, my asking price was $1000 + shipping - clearly on the OP. Again, I posted that number to let people know to NOT lowball me - that's it. If I wanted to accept that and go against my word, to YOU Felipe, and the other buyers ahead of that offer, I would have. Because I take all business transactions seriously, I did not proceed that way.

Thanks for your concern however.
Old 04-01-2015, 03:15 PM
Takran
Some Guy

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Just to be 100% clear, this comes with all hardware needed for installation? Obviously excluding the fact that as an X owner I'd need matching pads and rotors, plus I'd upgrade to SS lines while I'm at it.

PM me if you want to sell them to me. I have the money and my reading comprehension is just fine - no issues here. Not planning on upgrading my brakes just yet (need bigger wheels to fit them, and as everyone knows, a drop is needed before wheels because wheel gap is gross), but I can't pass up that beautiful custom orange if it's still on the market. I'm a sucker for orange.
Old 04-01-2015, 04:35 PM
Ryne
The Steering Wheel Guy

Received 558 Likes on 390 Posts
Originally Posted by connoisseurr
I was never ambitious - I don't get why you and others were assuming that. I setup a list to let people know where they were on the buying order. Again I wasn't asking for $1100, my asking price was $1000 + shipping - clearly on the OP. Again, I posted that number to let people know to NOT lowball me - that's it. If I wanted to accept that and go against my word, to YOU Felipe, and the other buyers ahead of that offer, I would have. Because I take all business transactions seriously, I did not proceed that way.

Thanks for your concern however.
Due to the lowballing nature of these for sale ads, it's generally a first come, first served game. That is first to come with money, not talk/interest.

If I have something for sale and I get 5 PMs asking questions, and then someone offering over asking price, consider it sold. I'm not going to weed through everyone's lowball offer and ignore what's on the table.

I can see you had good intentions, it just came off with a different tone when you stated your best offer to date and put everyone else in a list asking for their counter offers.

If you are unsure where you led people to believe it was an auction, it is this quote of yours:

"I will be upfront with everyone, I have received an offer of $1100 (which includes $40 insured shipping and no PayPal fees). If you wish to express your interest in these, PM me your best and final offer."
Old 04-01-2015, 07:26 PM
eskalaid

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Dont know if this was mentioned but do they come with hardware pads etc
Old 04-02-2015, 09:58 AM
connoisseurr
Premier Member

If you are unsure where you led people to believe it was an auction, it is this quote of yours:

"I will be upfront with everyone, I have received an offer of $1100 (which includes $40 insured shipping and no PayPal fees). If you wish to express your interest in these, PM me your best and final offer."
I see where the confusion could be had, however leading up to a bidding war was not my intentions.

Originally Posted by Takran
Just to be 100% clear, this comes with all hardware needed for installation? Obviously excluding the fact that as an X owner I'd need matching pads and rotors, plus I'd upgrade to SS lines while I'm at it.

PM me if you want to sell them to me. I have the money and my reading comprehension is just fine - no issues here. Not planning on upgrading my brakes just yet (need bigger wheels to fit them, and as everyone knows, a drop is needed before wheels because wheel gap is gross), but I can't pass up that beautiful custom orange if it's still on the market. I'm a sucker for orange.
Originally Posted by eskalaid
Dont know if this was mentioned but do they come with hardware pads etc
OP states these come with hardware (pins, plates, and MAYBE banjo bolts - will need to verify this). I had pads available on the side however those were sold on Tuesday.

This listing will be put on hold until I get the decals on the calipers and clearcoated. At that point, I will update the photos to show the complete calipers and all the associated hardware that will be included in the listing.
Old 04-02-2015, 01:43 PM
eskalaid

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
You are getting them redone?
Old 04-02-2015, 01:45 PM
Ryne
The Steering Wheel Guy

No, he is finishing them. He is adding the Akebono decals and adding a clear coat on top. They will be the same color, but have the Akebono decal and a clear coat finish.
Old 04-02-2015, 02:32 PM
connoisseurr
Premier Member

No, he is finishing them. He is adding the Akebono decals and adding a clear coat on top. They will be the same color, but have the Akebono decal and a clear coat finish.
Ryne is correct - they are already done. The calipers are just missing the "Akebono" decals and a good clear coat over top to protect the decals.

I'll be better to show a listing this way. Also, I will get pictures of the included hardware. Buyer will get a complete caliper set - nothing else (rotors, pads, lines, fluid, etc.)

Thanks,
Connor
Old 04-02-2015, 04:34 PM
IPL G37
Registered Member

Received 320 Likes on 300 Posts
Been doing some thinking and I may be back in the loop connor.

No one is interested in my parts...

So heck they match my aragostas.

Let me know when the clear is on...

I'll try and get in line again.
Old 04-02-2015, 10:42 PM
Takran
Some Guy

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Retracted

Last edited by Takran; 04-22-2015 at 09:19 PM.
Old 04-07-2015, 02:27 PM
Chances

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Just a question, but the 2010 anniversary edition does not come with a BBK. It comes with a basic set. why not keep them and put them on your new ride. I am in the market of upgrading my 2010 anniversary edition G37Xs brakes. and am thinking about the ake's
Old 04-08-2015, 10:00 AM
Ryne
The Steering Wheel Guy

Originally Posted by Chances
Just a question, but the 2010 anniversary edition does not come with a BBK. It comes with a basic set. why not keep them and put them on your new ride. I am in the market of upgrading my 2010 anniversary edition G37Xs brakes. and am thinking about the ake's
The RWD sport and anniversary edition sedans come with the Akebono BBK from the factory.

Quick Reply: FS Custom Akebono BBK Calipers w/ hardware