Price: $1
Private or Vendor Listing: Private Listing
Location (State/Prov): MA
Item Condition: Brand New

it won't fit any half bumper and the sport mud guards
Old 12-03-2011, 09:51 PM
WPPJR30

Received 53 Likes on 38 Posts
Thanks, guys... It will fit anything. It just depends how much modification the owner wants to do...
Old 12-03-2011, 11:10 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
Originally Posted by WPPJR30
Thanks, guys... It will fit anything. It just depends how much modification the owner wants to do...
If you modified my aunt and sewed a pair of ***** on her she'd be my uncle, but if someone asked me if my aunt is a man I'd simply answer, "No".

I presume by your reply means that it will not fit "as is" with the TS rear bumper and that if I want to make it fit I can invest a lot of time and money and do custom fabrication on it.

GLWS!
Old 12-04-2011, 10:33 AM
WPPJR30

Originally Posted by Black Betty
If you modified my aunt and sewed a pair of ***** on her she'd be my uncle, but if someone asked me if my aunt is a man I'd simply answer, "No".

I presume by your reply means that it will not fit "as is" with the TS rear bumper and that if I want to make it fit I can invest a lot of time and money and do custom fabrication on it.

GLWS!
What you do to your aunt is your business, Jeremy...

I suppose my response should have been "I don't know if this will fit the Top Secret rear skirt." I bought this diffuser knowing that I was going to have to do some modification to make it mount up properly to my Zele rear bumper. I have never mounted one to a stock rear, let alone a Zele, let alone a Top Secret rear. My thought? It can be made to fit anything as long as the buyer is willing to accept that it is not a direct bolt-up application. I would have had to drill into my Zele bumper as well as trim some of the diffuser.

That said, I don't want to mislead anyone. I know this can be made to fit anything, but I don't want to deal with the headache of someone e-mailing me looking for a refund after they buy this and realize it is not a simple 1-2-3 bolt-on installation... Some modification will be necessary. After doing a test-fit/mock-up to my rear bumper, I do not think the modification needed will be anything extreme or overly complicated. I guess that is the best answer I can provide.
Old 12-04-2011, 02:26 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

That's a good explanation. Thanks. I'm of the mind that generally when someone asks if "X" will fit model "X", it's implied that they're asking if the part is a direct fit without any modification.

When people like me say that the AIT kit is a POS because it doesn't fit, it obviously can be modified to make it fit well. But it doesn't out of the box. That's what I meant.
Old 12-04-2011, 03:05 PM
WPPJR30

That's a good explanation. Thanks. I'm of the mind that generally when someone asks if "X" will fit model "X", it's implied that they're asking if the part is a direct fit without any modification.

When people like me say that the AIT kit is a POS because it doesn't fit, it obviously can be modified to make it fit well. But it doesn't out of the box. That's what I meant.
Ahhh, I see what you're saying... I guess the difference is that AIT claims to be a G37 kit. I have stated that this diffuser is not specifically made for a G... Thus, there will need to be some modification regardless of if it is mounted on a stock rear, Top Secret rear, or Zele rear. Honestly, I don't think there will be much work necessary to make this fit, but I did want to be upfront with everyone by stressing that this particular diffuser is made for a Z...

Thank you for the bumps/questions...
Old 12-05-2011, 03:42 PM
St. Louis G

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
geez just from reading alot of black betty's posts he just seems, for lack of a better word, irritated and genuinely annoying.

FREE BUMP and GLWS
Old 12-05-2011, 03:51 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Originally Posted by St. Louis G
geez just from reading alot of black betty's posts he just seems, for lack of a better word, irritated and genuinely annoying.

FREE BUMP and GLWS
I have been referred to (sometimes correctly) as a A-hole at times. And I get a bit crunk about things sometimes so you are correct on both counts.

But not in this thread though, I just honestly wanted to know if this part would fit my car with the TS half bumper and Bill gave me a unsatisfactory BS answer that "anything fits if you make it". I wasn't irritated at all. If I were, you'd know for sure. I don't think Bill was wither, I think he understood where I'm coming from.

But nice of you to notice and point it out. I hope Pujols leaves.

Yet another free bum for your part Bill.
Old 12-05-2011, 04:18 PM
St. Louis G

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have been referred to (sometimes correctly) as a A-hole at times. And I get a bit crunk about things sometimes so you are correct on both counts.

But not in this thread though, I just honestly wanted to know if this part would fit my car with the TS half bumper and Bill gave me a unsatisfactory BS answer that "anything fits if you make it". I wasn't irritated at all. If I were, you'd know for sure. I don't think Bill was wither, I think he understood where I'm coming from.

But nice of you to notice and point it out. I hope Pujols leaves.

In an attempt to keep this short so you don't flake out and attempt to ban me, in the future how about you try to not be a smart aleck. I personally understood what he was saying.

I'm sure you hate the Cards, I would too after what Freese did
Old 12-06-2011, 11:42 AM
WPPJR30

... Thanks for the bump, Jeremy, and I do understand from where you were coming. No hard feelings. But was my answer really BS? Maybe unsatisfactory to you, but certainly not BS.

The first post of the thread I state that the diffuser is not made for a G. It is made for a Z. Thus, there will be some modification necessary, as simple as new brackets most likely. I put that out there. When I was asked if this diffuser will fit on your aftermarket bumper, what kind of an answer did you expect? I certainly didn't lie - it can absolutely fit with some minor modification. You can put it on a Dodge Ram pick-up truck if you want to be creative...

I was going to buy an authentic R34 Top Secret diffuser and retro-fit it to my Zele rear, but decided on the Z diffuser instead. That would have needed modification, as well. The Bulletproof S2000 is sporting this same R34 Top Secret diffuser. If asked the question, "Does it fit the S2000?" I suppose, according to your criteria for a satisfactory, non-BS answer, the proper response would be 'no' because it is not a direct bolt-on part. However, with some minor trim work, I think it fits pretty nicely... (As with this part, I would not sell that diffuser, either, without disclaiming from the beginning that is not made for an S2000.)

That said, Bump...
Old 12-07-2011, 10:53 PM
WPPJR30

PMs answered...
Old 12-18-2011, 11:48 PM
WPPJR30

Still available...
Old 12-19-2011, 02:12 AM
RYs06MT

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
I'm surprised this is still here! Members must not be aware this is one of the very few brand new diffusers you can get in our country. Someone here should buy themselves a christmas gift before its gone! None of the 370 guys are ready? ? ?
Old 12-19-2011, 08:48 PM
WPPJR30

Originally Posted by RYs06MT
I'm surprised this is still here! Members must not be aware this is one of the very few brand new diffusers you can get in our country. Someone here should buy themselves a christmas gift before its gone! None of the 370 guys are ready? ? ?
Thanks, man...

I have a guy with a Z interested. I am waiting to hear back from him, but until I receive payment, it is still available...

Also, I am contemplating selling my Amuse exhaust if anyone is interested.
Old 12-19-2011, 08:57 PM
RYs06MT

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
oh yeah which exhaust are you thinking of next ?

Quick Reply: FS Authentic Top Secret Carbon Fiber Diffuser