Newbie Corner New Members Corner! - If you're new to MyG37.com, please take a moment to check in, introduce yourself and show us your G37!

New and have lots of questions to ask

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2017, 10:09 PM
g-wagon
Registered Member

Received 40 Likes on 36 Posts
New and have lots of questions to ask

Hello everyone, I've had my 2013 Infiniti G37 journey coupe for about 5 months now and I love it. I'm only 19 and I was able to purchase this beautiful car with the money I earned. Sadly it is a 7AT because the area I live in, a manual is nearly impossible to drive due to how bad the roads are. I don't even know where to start; I have so many questions. I recently purchased Aodhan DS02 wheels for the G and would like to know how good the brand is. I bought the "Black Vacuum" chrome which is the one on the right.
I tend to put the car into manual mode sometimes when I'm on the interstate and I want to know when I should downshift and upshift with this "tiptronic" transmission. Also, what mods should I put into this car (exterior and interior)? Is it true that a grounding kit will make the car shift quicker and smoother? So far the only mod I have in the car is the tail as turn from diode dynamics. I also need help on how to take the push button out because I've had this gtr button for months and the infiniti push button won't come out. I cant one side of the chrome trim out (the bottom right side) and I can't seem to get the other side out; it's just in there really good. I really want to swap it out for the gtr button. Any tips on how to get the regular button out?
I know I had a lot of questions, so sorry in advance!
Old 11-30-2017, 11:31 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,941 Likes on 4,174 Posts
Welcome to the site.
I'd spend plenty of time browsing the various folders on the site, I'm willing to bet any questions you may have will have been answered prior. Once you do some site surfing check back w/ questions you still have.

As far as those wheels, they are Work Kiwami knock-offs, so they are a good looking wheel. As far as quality, they won't be of the same quality as the Work set but there are several members here that have similar rep wheels and seem to hold up. That black chrome finish is a nice look.
G/L with your future plans, and nice ride, about 100x nicer than what I was driving at 19
The following users liked this post:
Diode Dynamics (12-01-2017)
Old 12-01-2017, 04:59 PM
Ryne
The Steering Wheel Guy

Received 558 Likes on 390 Posts
Welcome!

If you notice your steering wheel degrading, here is a great option I make: https://www.myg37.com/forums/body-in...e-by-ryne.html