Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction
Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G37? Find out the answer in here!

Fast Intentions 370Z Oil Cooler On G37

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2017, 11:15 PM
jnelso61

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Fast Intentions 370Z Oil Cooler On G37

Hi MyG37 community. This is my first post here. I have been looking at various G37 oil coolers. I have a 2009 G37x coupe with every option including the technology package. I just got it a couple months ago with 55k miles and will be going in for my 60k tune up soon. I have purchased several parts for it (stillen trans cooler, gen 3 cai, advantage power pulley kit, all amsoil fluids, z1 power steering kit, csf triple pass radiator, z1 hoses, and EPS pcv delete kit). The last thing I wanted to look at was the oil system. I had been looking into getting an oil cooler, amsoil bypass filter, and cj active baffle pan. I had previously considered the catch can from admintuning but decided on the pcv delete kit instead, mostly because of cost ($650 vs $135). I had also looked at the cosworth oil pump but decided it seemed unnecessary. Any thoughts? Amsoil told me I should be able to run the bypass filter which will increase capacity by 4qt and with the oil cooler and pan I'll probably be adding 6qt to the original capacity which should be great. Not only that but with the cooler and bypass filter for cleaning and the pan to make sure I don't have starvation any worries about oil should be a thing of the past. I had been looking at different oil coolers and wanted to use 34 row (which eliminated stillen) setrab core (so not mishimoto) cooler with a thermostatic plate. It looked like my only option was z1. I spoke with them and they don't give any discounts which I thought was unfortunate. I'd seen the fast intentions kit on the370z.com ([For Sale] Stillen CAI & Setrab Oil Coller SoCal - Nissan 370Z Forum). When I'd contacted fast intentions they'd said that this cooler won't work with my car however. Does anyone know why this is and what (if any) modifications I can do to make it fit. Is there any other options for 34 row besides z1? Has anyone ever heard of their coolers going on sale? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much.

Last edited by jnelso61; 11-07-2017 at 11:17 PM. Reason: Looked like odd html was showing up in the post
Old 11-09-2017, 05:29 PM
jnelso61

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Come on guys...anyone?
Old 07-30-2019, 03:54 PM
Surfnazi
Registered Member

Received 176 Likes on 165 Posts
Brackets will have to be modified to fit
Old 07-31-2019, 01:50 AM
jpowersjr2
Registered Member