Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction
Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G37? Find out the answer in here!

check engine light/ stutter @ start up

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2017, 08:40 PM
drizzy315
Registered Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Red face check engine light/ stutter @ start up

guys looking for some advice on what route i should take on this issue. So for the past yr or so the check engine has been coming on and off randomly intermittently. I was able get my mechanic to pull the code and its a misfire in cylinder one he suggested i change the spark plugs 1st and if it doesn't resolve then the coil packs. Just thought i mentioned that the car runs perfect as if nothing is wrong the only problem i noticed is @ startup the engine hesitates/hiccups/stutters for like 2-3 seconds and also a quick popping sound from exhaust and then goes to normal, this symptom started recently tho like 2 months ago. How should I move with this issue chg the plugs or just straight to the coil packs? then car has 55k on it and have never been changed.

2010 Inifiniti g37x sedan.
Old 07-23-2017, 03:51 PM
crookncastle
Registered Member

Received 66 Likes on 62 Posts
swap the coil from cylinder one to another cylinder and see if the misfire switches over to the other cylinder.
Old 07-28-2017, 07:40 PM
drizzy315
Registered Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
hey crook thanks/ question is that fairly easy to do? is there a tutorial maybe on it? or is it just a matter unscrewing engine cover to access it?
Old 07-29-2017, 02:11 AM
crookncastle
Registered Member

Received 66 Likes on 62 Posts
its fairly easy to do. especially if you got all the correct tools. look for the tutorial on spark plug replacement.