Notices
Body Interior Exterior Lighting

Headlight mod? (Blacked out, halos, etc.)

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2017, 10:27 AM
loganlhadley

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by zaz
Perfect, thank you! I think I'll do what you did here and see if I can also toss in the demon eye. I'll talk to the custom lights place today after work.

Keep us updated! Interested to see how she'll turn out!
Old 05-23-2017, 10:37 AM
zaz
Registered Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by loganlhadley
Keep us updated! Interested to see how she'll turn out!
Will do! So far my mods have been 19" ruffino rims w/ 245/40/19 instead of the OEM 225/50/18s, got windows tinted to a 20%, calipers painted, and rear tail lights wrapped. I plan on dropping it on swift springs (best bet?) and possibly changing to a black mesh grill if I can find one. I'd like to just go for a darker and more aggressive look that isn't blacked out and still looks like something I'd drive to my professional job.

As for performance, I was thinking a grounding kit (does this really make a difference?), sway bars, and strut bar for now to improve handling. Eventually I'd like to do intake and exhaust, I don't know if just a relatively cheap axleback exhaust and a decent cold air intake will make a huge difference though.
Old 05-23-2017, 10:40 AM
loganlhadley

Originally Posted by zaz
Will do! So far my mods have been 19" ruffino rims w/ 245/40/19 instead of the OEM 225/50/18s, got windows tinted to a 20%, calipers painted, and rear tail lights wrapped. I plan on dropping it on swift springs (best bet?) and possibly changing to a black mesh grill if I can find one. I'd like to just go for a darker and more aggressive look that isn't blacked out and still looks like something I'd drive to my professional job.
Sounds like you're on a roll! Throw up some pics so we can put the description with car.
Don't blame you on the aggressive/professional route. I'm in Finance & Accounting, so my ride has to look somewhat professional - but I love that edgy look, even at work.
Old 05-23-2017, 10:53 AM
zaz
Registered Member

Sounds like you're on a roll! Throw up some pics so we can put the description with car.
Don't blame you on the aggressive/professional route. I'm in Finance & Accounting, so my ride has to look somewhat professional - but I love that edgy look, even at work.
Here you go! This was before the tail light wraps (and before I accidentally scratched it while washing it hahaha)

Old 05-23-2017, 10:55 AM
loganlhadley

Originally Posted by zaz
Here you go! This was before the tail light wraps (and before I accidentally scratched it while washing it hahaha)

Beautiful! Get some lowering springs and you'll be half way there
Old 05-23-2017, 10:56 AM
zaz
Registered Member

Beautiful! Get some lowering springs and you'll be half way there
Thanks! That's the plan, headlights and lowering springs should have it looking about 99% of the way I want it. I can't find a little lip for the sports model for a little more GRRR or a high quality mesh grill anywhere though. Someone on a local facebook group posted his car with it but never responded when asked where he got them.
Old 05-23-2017, 10:58 AM
loganlhadley

Originally Posted by zaz
Thanks! That's the plan, headlights and lowering springs should have it looking about 99% of the way I want it. I can't find a little lip for the sports model for a little more GRRR or a high quality mesh grill anywhere though. Someone on a local facebook group posted his car with it but never responded when asked where he got them.
Have you looked at the OEM Lip? That's what I ended up going with. It would probably be your cheapest route, IMO. As for the grille... I can't help you there unfortunately..
Old 05-23-2017, 10:59 AM
zaz
Registered Member

Have you looked at the OEM Lip? That's what I ended up going with. It would probably be your cheapest route, IMO. As for the grille... I can't help you there unfortunately..
Is there an OEM lip? That'll just bolt onto my sports bumper?
Old 05-23-2017, 11:04 AM
loganlhadley

Originally Posted by zaz
Is there an OEM lip? That'll just bolt onto my sports bumper?
There sure is! Take a look
Old 05-23-2017, 11:16 AM
zaz
Registered Member

There sure is! Take a look
Oh man that looks nice, I can't believe that's just a bolt-on for the sports bumper! How much did that cost?
Old 05-23-2017, 11:22 AM
loganlhadley

Originally Posted by zaz
Oh man that looks nice, I can't believe that's just a bolt-on for the sports bumper! How much did that cost?
I appreciate it! It was $408.75 w/o shipping, but it came pre-painted and with all hardware from https://www.infinitipartsdeal.com/!
Old 05-23-2017, 11:24 AM
zaz
Registered Member

I appreciate it! It was $408.75 w/o shipping, but it came pre-painted and with all hardware from https://www.infinitipartsdeal.com/!
That is a sweet deal, I wonder how much it would be to ship to Canada. I'll definitely put that on my list of things to get.
The following users liked this post:
loganlhadley (05-23-2017)
Old 05-23-2017, 09:12 PM
Alcaponed

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
My friend just did my headlights and we wired it to the parking lights. This way the taillights also come on for use as DRL lights. They are bright but definitely don't replace headlights. Fog light functionality is not affected. Although I wish they were auto, OEM functionality hasn't been changed. Mine is the sedan but the other cars work the same way.
Attached Thumbnails Headlight mod? (Blacked out, halos, etc.)-img_20170520_120744.jpg   Headlight mod? (Blacked out, halos, etc.)-img_20170521_163419.jpg   Headlight mod? (Blacked out, halos, etc.)-img_20170522_163529.jpg  
Old 05-23-2017, 09:14 PM
zaz
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Alcaponed
My friend just did my headlights and we wired it to the parking lights. This way the taillights also come on for use as DRL lights. They are bright but definitely don't replace headlights. Fog light functionality is not affected. Although I wish they were auto, OEM functionality hasn't been changed. Mine is the sedan but the other cars work the same way.
Looks good! Definitely aggressive.
Old 05-24-2017, 11:19 PM
zaz
Registered Member

So I went to a shop and the guy had his own custom (??) halos, which I wasn't a huge fan of. He said I can bring in my own. I am considering just doing it myself at this point or even finding a different shop, as the guy didn't seem the most reliable. What size would I need for the 2 big and 2 small halos? Any suggestions for wiring?