Sponsored by:

The Sedan Exhaust Thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2017, 12:51 AM
c1utchh
Registered Member

Received 37 Likes on 30 Posts
Originally Posted by SkyG37
Do you get those amazing jag f-type crackles and pops on downshift?
I used to. So when I had the Berks and ark, in 2nd and 3rd if I let go of the pedal a bit it used to gurgle and it was so satisfying. After the CAI and tune it's a lot quieter through all gears, and it doesn't gurgle anymore. I personally prefer the crackling and gurgling sound coming out of the exhaust, wish I could achieve it with a 7at car.
Old 09-14-2017, 10:18 AM
Wellnotexactly

Received 29 Likes on 23 Posts
Originally Posted by c1utchh
I used to. So when I had the Berks and ark, in 2nd and 3rd if I let go of the pedal a bit it used to gurgle and it was so satisfying. After the CAI and tune it's a lot quieter through all gears, and it doesn't gurgle anymore. I personally prefer the crackling and gurgling sound coming out of the exhaust, wish I could achieve it with a 7at car.
Some great numbers you posted up there! I'm surprised that it got quieter with the addition of just a CAI. Perhaps the sound of engine noise is just drowning it out?

Small update: just called MD and was told that the approx new date will be 9/29 instead of 9/25. I ordered 8/16. I don't know how you guys with FI did it, I'm so bad at waiting for things. I guess that'll make delivery/install day that much sweeter?
Old 09-14-2017, 10:31 AM
VQ37VHR13
Registered Member

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by Wellnotexactly
Some great numbers you posted up there! I'm surprised that it got quieter with the addition of just a CAI. Perhaps the sound of engine noise is just drowning it out?

Small update: just called MD and was told that the approx new date will be 9/29 instead of 9/25. I ordered 8/16. I don't know how you guys with FI did it, I'm so bad at waiting for things. I guess that'll make delivery/install day that much sweeter?
C'mon Motordyne, they're literally killing me. Lucky you, i ordered mine back in June. One of the reasons i didn't even consider FI is because of the long wait.
Old 09-14-2017, 10:53 AM
c1utchh
Registered Member

I was surprised it got quieter as well. I expected more UMPH to the sound and gurgling with more air flow. I mean don't get me wrong, when I floor it or half way floor it, it makes a whole lotta roars. But I do miss the gurgling and pops I had before. It actually made it very satisfying to drive slow and lightly accelerate between 2-3k rpm in 2nd and 3rd.
Old 09-14-2017, 10:59 AM
Wellnotexactly

Originally Posted by VQ37VHR13
C'mon Motordyne, they're literally killing me. Lucky you, i ordered mine back in June. One of the reasons i didn't even consider FI is because of the long wait.
You ordered yours in JUNE?!?! At that point I would just expect it to be made of unobtanium or some other rare element farmed on the moon or something, especially for the price. Hold strong my friend, hopefully yours gets to you first.

I was surprised it got quieter as well. I expected more UMPH to the sound and gurgling with more air flow. I mean don't get me wrong, when I floor it or half way floor it, it makes a whole lotta roars. But I do miss the gurgling and pops I had before. It actually made it very satisfying to drive slow and lightly accelerate between 2-3k rpm in 2nd and 3rd.
That is really weird in my opinion. I totally get it though about the gurgles and pops. One of my favorite things about my old S4 were the crackles and flames during downshifts. Quickest way to a car-guy's heart is rolling anti-lag
Old 09-14-2017, 11:47 AM
c1utchh
Registered Member

You ordered yours in JUNE?!?! At that point I would just expect it to be made of unobtanium or some other rare element farmed on the moon or something, especially for the price. Hold strong my friend, hopefully yours gets to you first.

That is really weird in my opinion. I totally get it though about the gurgles and pops. One of my favorite things about my old S4 were the crackles and flames during downshifts. Quickest way to a car-guy's heart is rolling anti-lag

It was Tuned by Vince in R/T Tuning, he's all about the most power with the best fuel to air ratio, so what I'm thinking is given the output he put it at the most balanced ratio thus removing the gurgle and making it quiete.

Before it was not tuned while I had the HFC installed after months of using the ARK.
Old 09-14-2017, 02:10 PM
Jake85

Thanks for the update. These next few weeks are going to feel like an eternity.
Old 09-14-2017, 04:54 PM
EquinoxVoid

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If anyone is interested I have a few clips of my sedan running Art Pipes

More of it is on YouTube. Warm start and drive by clips.
running: Art Pipes, 12" Vibrants, and a HKS Axleback.
Old 09-17-2017, 02:39 AM
c1utchh
Registered Member

I think I managed to capture a decent sound clip with the windows down after the tune and intakes install. This is also what I meant by it became quieter to me.

Old 09-19-2017, 10:14 AM
Wellnotexactly

I think I managed to capture a decent sound clip with the windows down after the tune and intakes install. This is also what I meant by it became quieter to me.

https://youtu.be/sOkG69p3KsE
From that clip alone your car sounds great man!
Old 09-19-2017, 10:15 AM
Wellnotexactly

Originally Posted by EquinoxVoid
More of it is on YouTube. Warm start and drive by clips.
running: Art Pipes, 12" Vibrants, and a HKS Axleback.
https://youtu.be/s5RpxwteWfo
That scared the sh*t out of me (I had the volume all the way up). Sounds pretty mean Equinox!
Old 09-19-2017, 03:57 PM
VQ37VHR13
Registered Member

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Lol i know right. I just got off the phone with Motordyne again, i didn't even get a set date, but the lady said they are"very close" to being complete. She said she didn't have a date yet, but will call me back tomorrow with one. I really hope this doesn't get extended again.

Last edited by VQ37VHR13; 09-19-2017 at 04:11 PM.
Old 09-19-2017, 07:40 PM
Wellnotexactly

Originally Posted by VQ37VHR13
Lol i know right. I just got off the phone with Motordyne again, i didn't even get a set date, but the lady said they are"very close" to being complete. She said she didn't have a date yet, but will call me back tomorrow with one. I really hope this doesn't get extended again.
Yeah I think the best bet is hoping that your exhaust is in the same batch as mine slated to be shipped out on 9/29. I'm not 100% positive but I'm sure the delay has been caused by a mixture of back-orders and R&D testing for the "3" new products they are planning on unveiling.
Old 09-20-2017, 11:25 PM
Calg37USMC
Premier Member

Received 83 Likes on 58 Posts

Here's a 3 week cold start, sorry I've been extremely busy I'll try to get a rolling video soon!
Old 09-21-2017, 10:44 AM
mdigiorgio35
Registered Member

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts
i might need to unsubscribe from this thread until my CCs are paid off so i dont spend on an exhaust
The following users liked this post:
MerakiAutoworks (09-21-2017)

Quick Reply: The Sedan Exhaust Thread