MyG37

MyG37 (https://www.myg37.com/forums/)
-   G37 Sedan (https://www.myg37.com/forums/g37-sedan-348/)
-   -   How rare is the g37s 6 speed manual? (https://www.myg37.com/forums/g37-sedan/265457-how-rare-is-the-g37s-6-speed-manual.html)

takeapieandrun 11-15-2015 06:58 PM

Actually, the trend for manuals in the U.S. has been going up slightly in the past decade I believe. The low point was in the late-2000s I think.

4DRZ 11-16-2015 06:14 PM

Originally Posted by Rochester (Post 3966910)
The question is to the rarity of the G37S 6MT Sedan. And the correct answer is that they are becoming less rare year over year on the used car market. Not a common car at all, no one is denying that. And as a new car, that ship has sailed. But the reality here is opposite of what you just wrote.

For now. As the years progress and we lose more to accidents and expensive repairs they will become more rare as does any old car. They are definitely more rare right now than they were the last six months when I was looking for one, but that could change any minute.

Originally Posted by takeapieandrun (Post 3967483)
Actually, the trend for manuals in the U.S. has been going up slightly in the past decade I believe. The low point was in the late-2000s I think.

I wish this was true, but more and more companies are replacing manuals with automatics because they are finally more fuel efficient and responsive than manuals. Look at Nissan and how the CVT has completely killed off the manual transmission in the Maxima and Altima, and now most of the Frontiers. I see the same thing in ultra-high performance cars because the automatic transmissions can shift faster. Just look at every Ferrari, Lamborghini, Audi, Nissan GT-R, Alfa 4C, and almost every Porsche. I hate to say it, but it seems like the machines have won.:mad:

RickyBobby 11-16-2015 06:31 PM

Pretty ****en rare

Mine that I just bought was the only one within a 500 mile radius of Denver (ok so Phoenix was just under 500 but I've never even been). Disclaimer: mine is a G37s coupe. Both coupe and sedan are rare though because there were only 3 I believe in this whole 500 mile radius and I think 2 of the 3 available were sedans. I chose the lone coupe because it's seats fold down so I can fit a snowboard. And it was time for me to get a bit less practical. Driving a supercharged Z06 and putting down rubber effortlessly to the rear tires was life changing. Love to SC the G!

Shifter feels more clunky like my old Honda accord and isn't smoothe like Acuras I've driven but that's just the nature of the beast. Other than that, feels like pure race car! I've rented many nice exotics and Vettes and GTR and such but at the end of the day they lack the proper manual!

So if you see one, buy up! Haven't regretted one second trading in the TL (although it's about to snow.....). Everything on the TL felt uber clunky and the 6MT felt awkward so I decided to just stick with my TSX as the intended daily. The flywheel felt horribly heavy and took forever to come down in RPM's. This G with the exception of shifter feels, hits exactly like it feels like it should. Great clutch, very grabby and racy and the flywheel winds down RPM's quickly

lobuzz311 11-16-2015 09:05 PM

RickyBobby, you might be the only guy on this forum to call it a "great clutch"... LOL

RickyBobby 11-17-2015 08:10 PM

Originally Posted by lobuzz311 (Post 3967854)
RickyBobby, you might be the only guy on this forum to call it a "great clutch"... LOL

What do people not like, engagement point, grab, double clutching? Besides the more clunky shift linkage it seems great to me

chilibowl 11-18-2015 09:16 AM

The transmission is great and strong. The gearbox is awesome. The clutch disk is plenty grabby.

What SUCKS is the hydraulics. The clutch pedal assembly itself. And also the slave cylinder. Just weak design.

Nissan just needs to overhaul the pedal assembly.

Rochester 11-18-2015 09:20 AM

Originally Posted by chilibowl (Post 3968336)
Nissan just needs to overhaul the pedal assembly.

There's a guy in Canada who did exactly that. :NOD:

If you're out-of-warranty, every 6MT G/Z owner should have one of these.

370Z & G37 AFP Clutch Pedal Assemblies - RJM Performance.com

4DOORFUN 11-18-2015 12:20 PM

So I have been considering selling mine and have been researching the following cars: Audi S3, Audi S4, BMW M235i, BMW 340i, and VW Golf R.

I've done extensive research on these cars and I just can't seem to pull the trigger. My hesitation is linked to just how rare my 6MT G is these days. I'm quickly reminded of the things that initially got me to buy my G such as:

- useable back seat
- a real mechanical limited slip diff.
- big, beefy brakes
- G coupe steering ratio
- sport suspension

The only negatives I can come up with about my G after owning is since 2010 are cosmetic items. My car is white and I wish all the chrome was blacked out. This an now an option on may other sport sedans and l love the look. I also think the my sport wheels are pretty boring looking. I wish it at least came with the coupe sport 19" wheels.

chickman1313 11-18-2015 12:25 PM

Originally Posted by 4DOORFUN (Post 3968418)
The only negatives I can come up with about my G after owning is since 2010 are cosmetic items. My car is white and I wish all the chrome was blacked out. This an now an option on may other sport sedans and l love the look. I also think the my sport wheels are pretty boring looking. I wish it at least came with the coupe sport 19" wheels.

theres a DIY post on how to black out the chrome trim with some vinyl wrap that looks great!

sounds like ya just need to do that and get you some rims and keep the car!

MichaelYYZ 11-27-2015 07:23 PM

1 Attachment(s)
When I purchased my 2013 G37S M6 Sedan car in Toronto in December 2012, the dealer told me that there was only one available in Canada at that time, and that one was black and included the Navigation package. I wanted white colour and no Navigation package, as it was $3,500 extra and not worth it in my opinion, when I've got so many free navigation apps on my iPhone. So the dealer had to factory order the car and I picked it up on 28 March 2013. This was good because I avoided driving it through salty sleet right away and I had to buy a second set of rims and winter tyres only eight months later (the car came equipped with summer tyres).

Now, two years and eight months later, the on-board mileage is 29,300 km and I am super-happy driving this rare jewel. In fact, just this week, I was introducing myself to the new manager of the dealership and, when he heard that my car was a stick sedan, I could not get rid of him as he wanted me to sell it to him. Geez!

MichaelYYZ 11-27-2015 07:24 PM

1 Attachment(s)
More of the interior.

MichaelYYZ 11-27-2015 07:25 PM

1 Attachment(s)
And even more of the interior. It's got three pedals. Yay!

G37S6mtLES 12-08-2015 02:32 PM

6mt g37s

i have a 13 G37s sedan 6mt black obsidian, dealer said there is only 1,000 of them made. not sure if he meant overall or just the color.

eibach sways-bilstein-pss10 coil overs

jgronline 12-08-2015 03:21 PM

Originally Posted by 4DRZ (Post 3967781)
Look at Nissan and how the CVT has completely killed off the manual transmission in the Maxima and Altima, and now most of the Frontiers. I see the same thing in ultra-high performance cars because the automatic transmissions can shift faster. Just look at every Ferrari, Lamborghini, Audi, Nissan GT-R, Alfa 4C, and almost every Porsche. I hate to say it, but it seems like the machines have won.:mad:

Ferrari, Lambo, Audi, GTR, etc do not have CVT transmissions. Those cars use DCT transmissions which are very different from CVT transmissions. DCT is an automated manual transmission where CVT is still an automatic transmission or slushbox with infinite gears.

Rochester 12-08-2015 03:32 PM

Originally Posted by jgronline (Post 3974448)
Ferrari, Lambo, Audi, GTR, etc do not have CVT transmissions. Those cars use DCT transmissions which are very different from CVT transmissions. DCT is an automated manual transmission where CVT is still an automatic transmission or slushbox with infinite gears.

Do you know this guy?

http://www.adweek.com/agencyspy/wp-c...in-obvious.jpg