MyG37

MyG37 (https://www.myg37.com/forums/)
-   G37 Sedan (https://www.myg37.com/forums/g37-sedan-348/)
-   -   Sedan Chat Thread (https://www.myg37.com/forums/g37-sedan/253384-sedan-chat-thread.html)

warped ideas 12-26-2013 08:32 AM

Originally Posted by Mik3G37S (Post 3716538)
well you know, not everyone gets to own 2 cars :hsugh: or even needs 2 and just DD the G

Hey, I didn't mean any offense. I've been thinking about getting rid of the truck actually. It's a gas guzzler. It's more a toy then a daily driver. It's paid off though, so...... See my delima.

Rochester 12-26-2013 08:38 AM

Originally Posted by connoisseurr (Post 3716622)
Awesome! I want to say I love mine, but I don't think I'll value them until I get my FI CBE from Tony in the several weeks to come.

Originally Posted by connoisseurr (Post 3716419)
I haven't noticed any improved sounds but I may or may not have noticed the mentioned hissing noise that you get with aftermarket products. More to come on this as I only drove my car around the block before tucking it in the garage for the day.

Any time you modify a car in a way that affects how the driver interacts, because of something mechanical, audible, or a change in the drive-train, exhaust, suspension, etc... it takes a whole lot more than driving around the block to make a fair assessment. Particularly if your expectations are heightened. Sometimes it takes a while, and sometimes the change is instantly amazing; (swaybars.)

That doesn't invalidate first impressions. And often first impressions set the stage as predisposition on final thoughts. Just saying, give it time. I suspect you'll come to appreciate the mod more as you live with it.

Originally Posted by connoisseurr (Post 3716622)
Let us all know what you think of the new pipes once you get them installed :)

That's months out. Probably March or April. But when it happens, I'll absolutely talk about it somewhere. This thread, too, if it's still going strong. In fact, you probably won't be able to shut me up.

Choman 12-26-2013 10:35 AM

Originally Posted by ZOSTER33 (Post 3716346)
That strut bar looks nice Brad. I don't like how my cusco has gotten all scraped up on the top from the heat shield on the bottom side of the hood.

How bad is the rubbing? I thought about getting a Cusco FSTB later on. I find it interesting that you strut bar is rubbing and yet GoFightNguyen isn't rubbing. Wonder if it's the difference between the coupe and the sedan?

Mik3G37S 12-26-2013 12:19 PM

Originally Posted by warped ideas (Post 3716629)
Hey, I didn't mean any offense. I've been thinking about getting rid of the truck actually. It's a gas guzzler. It's more a toy then a daily driver. It's paid off though, so...... See my delima.

Oh I know you didn't mean any offense, none taken haha, yeah I bet the truck is a gas guzzler :hsugh: but it's always nice to have another car so whenever you are working on a project so you can take your time when painting your headlights and adding rings or whatsoever, so everything the paint dries properly and headlights seal properly etc etc. that's why I can't do my headlights myself and take couple days, with that being said once I'm ready somebody is gonna work on them for me throughout one day :rolleyes: :dunno:

Rochester 12-26-2013 12:25 PM

We have a 2008 Honda CRV as the Family Car, purchased new 6 years ago. Wife loves it. I rather like it too, except that it's gutless and sounds like a sewing machine. I suspect I'd like the V6 Rav4 a lot better. Or maybe the VW Tiguan 6MT. Not too many small-SUV's come with a manual.

ZOSTER33 12-26-2013 12:43 PM

Originally Posted by Choman (Post 3716681)
How bad is the rubbing? I thought about getting a Cusco FSTB later on. I find it interesting that you strut bar is rubbing and yet GoFightNguyen isn't rubbing. Wonder if it's the difference between the coupe and the sedan?

It's pretty bad. I'll take some pics and post them so you can see and like I had mentioned previously it seems to have started rubbing more after the coilover install. Maybe the tech didn't install the sway bar correctly after replacing it :dunno: I'll have to check that today. I haven't been under the in a while and I finally noticed it after I installed the alum overflow tank.

RexHavoc 12-26-2013 01:32 PM

Originally Posted by ZOSTER33 (Post 3716722)
It's pretty bad. I'll take some pics and post them so you can see and like I had mentioned previously it seems to have started rubbing more after the coilover install. Maybe the tech didn't install the sway bar correctly after replacing it :dunno: I'll have to check that today. I haven't been under the in a while and I finally noticed it after I installed the alum overflow tank.

That's definitely not what I wanted to hear. Please keep us posted if you find a solution. I'll toy around with mine a bit before I lock it down (such as it can be locked down)

RexHavoc 12-26-2013 01:37 PM

Originally Posted by Rochester (Post 3716631)
Any time you modify a car in a way that affects how the driver interacts, because of something mechanical, audible, or a change in the drive-train, exhaust, suspension, etc... it takes a whole lot more than driving around the block to make a fair assessment. Particularly if your expectations are heightened. Sometimes it takes a while, and sometimes the change is instantly amazing; (swaybars.)

That doesn't invalidate first impressions. And often first impressions set the stage as predisposition on final thoughts. Just saying, give it time. I suspect you'll come to appreciate the mod more as you live with it.

That's months out. Probably March or April. But when it happens, I'll absolutely talk about it somewhere. This thread, too, if it's still going strong. In fact, you probably won't be able to shut me up.

I noticed mine immediately, a balancing of the sound and a slightly different tone and oomph though mostly at higher speeds.

Even today though I could hear the different tone to the car with the windows down.

Rochester I'm looking forward to hearing your thoughts.

warped ideas 12-26-2013 06:57 PM

Originally Posted by Mik3G37S (Post 3716719)
Oh I know you didn't mean any offense, none taken haha, yeah I bet the truck is a gas guzzler :hsugh: but it's always nice to have another car so whenever you are working on a project so you can take your time when painting your headlights and adding rings or whatsoever, so everything the paint dries properly and headlights seal properly etc etc. that's why I can't do my headlights myself and take couple days, with that being said once I'm ready somebody is gonna work on them for me throughout one day :rolleyes: :dunno:

It has it's upside... Until I put $108 in the gas tank.:icon43: I too want to have my headlights blacked out like some of the guys on here. Just some of the chrome mind you. I've seen some really nice work done in this forum. I just don't have the nerve to tear open those lights myself. (no matter how easy it seem) I really dig the Evil IronMan lights a guy posted up a few weeks ago. They looked just right for my ride. I use my truck mainly to help friends move, hunt, and to go surfing each Friday. It was my DD until I became able to afford the G.

Mik3G37S 12-26-2013 07:28 PM

Originally Posted by warped ideas (Post 3716837)
It has it's upside... Until I put $108 in the gas tank.:icon43: I too want to have my headlights blacked out like some of the guys on here. Just some of the chrome mind you. I've seen some really nice work done in this forum. I just don't have the nerve to tear open those lights myself. (no matter how easy it seem) I really dig the Evil IronMan lights a guy posted up a few weeks ago. They looked just right for my ride. I use my truck mainly to help friends move, hunt, and to go surfing each Friday. It was my DD until I became able to afford the G.

Yeah I get your point there , it's all nice until you gotta put gas in it haha. and speaking of evil Iron Mans I was gonna get those done , loved it above and beyond BUT ! I just thought of the possible consequences incase one or the other LED(s) burn out every once in a while, then this would be a PITA to take the headlights apart on and off and reseal them and install over and over every once in a while so I just decided to get them done nice,clean and simple when I'm ready to pull the trigger :hsugh:

Originally Posted by Rochester (Post 3716720)
We have a 2008 Honda CRV as the Family Car, purchased new 6 years ago. Wife loves it. I rather like it too, except that it's gutless and sounds like a sewing machine. I suspect I'd like the V6 Rav4 a lot better. Or maybe the VW Tiguan 6MT. Not too many small-SUV's come with a manual.

speaking of 6MT SUV's my choice would be Porsche Cayenne GTS( 405-hp, 4.8-liter V-8) even though Turbo S seems a lot better, more tempting and a lot more powerful, and of course a lot more expensive they don't make Turbo or Turbo S models 6MT As far as I know...GTS or Turbo S both really sexy and 6MT SUV's and REALLY FAST (Turbo S-550-hp) if you ask me :hsugh:

RexHavoc 12-26-2013 07:37 PM

^^^ you may want to run a toggle switch on the LEDs should extend the life a bit. Too late for me but I dig the demon eyes too ;-)

warped ideas 12-26-2013 07:58 PM

Originally Posted by Mik3G37S (Post 3716840)
Yeah I get your point there , it's all nice until you gotta put gas in it haha. and speaking of evil Iron Mans I was gonna get those done , loved it above and beyond BUT ! I just thought of the possible consequences incase one or the other LED(s) burn out every once in a while, then this would be a PITA to take the headlights apart on and off and reseal them and install over and over every once in a while so I just decided to get them done nice,clean and simple when I'm ready to pull the trigger :hsugh:

speaking of 6MT SUV's my choice would be Porsche Cayenne GTS( 405-hp, 4.8-liter V-8) even though Turbo S seems a lot better, more tempting and a lot more powerful, and of course a lot more expensive they don't make Turbo or Turbo S models 6MT As far as I know...GTS or Turbo S both really sexy and 6MT SUV's and REALLY FAST (Turbo S-550-hp) if you ask me :hsugh:

Good point on the LED's. That would be horrible... Still wanting to black out a bunch of the chrome housing though.:JAMIN:

Rochester 12-26-2013 08:05 PM

Originally Posted by Mik3G37S (Post 3716840)

Well, yeah, but reality over here, man. Wife, two kids, two cats, two cars, one house... and a career that lets me have all that, but not a whole heck of a lot more while saving hard for retirement and college for the girls.

Oh, and the Wambulance... don't forget to call for the Wambulance for me on that one. :p

warped ideas 12-26-2013 08:11 PM

/\ /\ lol /\ /\

Rochester 12-26-2013 08:16 PM

Serious Question

Here's a good question for all the 6MT owners in this thread.

Since the cats are on order, and I'll be buying a pair of PSS for the fronts to match last year's rear tires, that gives me some slack for about $500 of additional mods in 2014. I think it will be one of these two options, both of which cost around $200 - $250 plus two or three hours labor at my mechanic.
  1. Stillen Short Throw Shifter
  2. RJM Clutch Pedal Assembly

I'm kind of leaning towards the STS, but will probably have to buy a shift knob for the job, since I suspect my OEM knob will get shredded on removal. And that isn't cheap, because I'm wanting the NISMO Titanium knob, which is $150 at the least.

Whichever one doesn't happen in 2014 will happen in 2015. The big mod in 2015 will be 4.083 rear gears. :D

Which would you do first?