MyG37

MyG37 (https://www.myg37.com/forums/)
-   G37 Sedan (https://www.myg37.com/forums/g37-sedan-348/)
-   -   Sedan Chat Thread (https://www.myg37.com/forums/g37-sedan/253384-sedan-chat-thread.html)

Rochester 12-25-2013 07:56 AM

Originally Posted by blnewt (Post 3716350)
I think Rochester had the same problem but removed the shield prior to any abrasions. Or he polished them out for his photos :)

You mean the sound deadening liner on n the underside of the hood? Yes, I removed that this past Fall. I wanted to hear my intakes better, and it was rubbing on my FSTB.

https://www.myg37.com/forums/g37-sed...ood-liner.html

That one piece bar you're looking at... I passed on that one because you have to unbolt and retorque your stuts just to remove it. I bought my FSTB before buying the intake kit, and I knew that bar would be coming on and off often for that and many other reasons. Also, I think that one piece bar is absolutely hideous. But beauty in the eye of the beholder and all that jazz. As for being "more solid", meh. It's just a FSTB. Their functionality is all identical to one another, IMO. I wouldn't get too worked up thinking any one can function any better than the rest.

As for polish, yeah, I polished the begeezus out of it. Stripped all the clear coat off the top side, and polished the GT-Spec logo clean off the middle. There were too many logos going on there. 4-naught steel wool, mequiars metal polish, and lots of elbow grease.

Since removing the sound dreading liner, the FSTB has remained unblemished, and I have a reasonable gap now between it and the engine cover.

RexHavoc 12-25-2013 08:12 AM

Since removing the sound dreading liner, the FSTB has remained unblemished, and I have a reasonable gap now between it and the engine cover.[/QUOTE]

Did you so something specific to obtain the gap between the bar and engine cover? I haven't installed my Cusco yet, if there's a trick I could use on the front end that would be helpful.

Not in a rush, trying to get the feel for the car as she sits now, the best.mod.ever sways are still very new and most enjoyable. Plus I'm taking off the engine covers soon and will be reassembling the intake again with the new shortened hoses and I think I'm going to try out the Z1 PCV hoses as well.

Rochester 12-25-2013 08:12 AM

Originally Posted by blnewt (Post 3716326)
The RHFCs aren't at the top of my wish list (sorry Rochester :(

Ha ha ha... I do tend to project a bit much. My bad.

Say, Merry Christmas morning everyone! :hello: My kids should be running down the stairs any minute.

GoFightNguyen 12-25-2013 08:14 AM

Originally Posted by Rochester (Post 3716375)
Ha ha ha... I do tend to project a bit much. My bad.

Say, Merry Christmas morning everyone! :hello: My kids should be running down the stairs any minute.

For secret santa this year, I got a coworker a red ryder bb gun for his kid. Am I a bad person, or the *best* secret santa ever?

RexHavoc 12-25-2013 08:20 AM

Originally Posted by GoFightNguyen (Post 3716376)
For secret santa this year, I got a coworker a red ryder bb gun for his kid. Am I a bad person, or the *best* secret santa ever?

Best ever!!! Merry Christmas everyone!

warped ideas 12-25-2013 10:08 AM

Originally Posted by GoFightNguyen (Post 3716376)

Forget it kid, you'll shoot your eye out! LOL ****Best****

Rochester 12-25-2013 10:38 AM

No way no how would I ever buy a kid a pellet gun, but I understand how something like that is perceived far more culturally acceptable than the way I do. So peace on that topic. Guns and politics and religion... we should try real hard to keep those three out of a Chat Thread.

On another... I bought my wife an iMac for Xmas. While foreign and futuristic to this die-hard PC guy, it has an added benefit I didn't recognize until just now: since I also bought her an extended width keyboard, I can use the little wireless one for the iPad... which I'm typing on right now as first proof-of-concept after pairing it to the iPad.

OMG, this is SO MUCH BETTER than the touchscreen keyboard. I feel like I'm flying, man! :-)

GoFightNguyen 12-25-2013 10:39 AM

Originally Posted by Rochester (Post 3716391)
No way no how would I ever buy a kid a pellet gun, but I understand how something like that is perceived far more culturally acceptable than the way I do. So peace on that topic. Guns and politics and religion... we should try real hard to keep those three out of a Chat Thread. On another... I bought my wife an iMac for Xmas. While foreign and futuristic to this dye-hard PC guy, it has an added benefit I didn't recognize until just now: since I also bought her an extended width keyboard, I can use the little wireless one for the iPad... which I'm typing on right now as first proof-of-concept after pairing it to the iPad. OMG, this is SO MUCH BETTER than the touchscreen keyboard. I feel like I'm flying, man! :-)

My problem with the wireless keyboard on apple products is that the "return" key doesn't send when you are typing, it drops you a line. It gets annoying in the long run.

blnewt 12-25-2013 10:55 AM

Merry Christmas to the "chat club", hope all is well w/ you & yours!

John, no problem w/ the HFC assumption, usually when I mention a mod it's on my car in short order, but I'm going to sit on that one for awhile :icon43:

As far as the 1pc strut bar, IMO it looks real nice and seems to be real well constructed. The main drawback in my case would be my coilover damping adjusters, I rarely adjust them but would take away any convenience of simple adjustments if I have to remove the bar each time to access them :(
So again I'm on the fence, but all 3 options look good, I'd really love to see a couple of the modded Nismo bars from the Z turn up. I know there's at least a couple guys trying to get these to work, but we'll see.

Rochester 12-25-2013 11:11 AM

Originally Posted by blnewt (Post 3716399)
John, no problem w/ the HFC assumption, usually when I mention a mod it's on my car in short order...

Usually when I mention a mod it's on my car within two years. :BOUNCE:

warped ideas 12-25-2013 11:50 AM

Originally Posted by Rochester (Post 3716391)
No way no how would I ever buy a kid a pellet gun, but I understand how something like that is perceived far more culturally acceptable than the way I do. So peace on that topic. Guns and politics and religion... we should try real hard to keep those three out of a Chat Thread.

On another... I bought my wife an iMac for Xmas. While foreign and futuristic to this die-hard PC guy, it has an added benefit I didn't recognize until just now: since I also bought her an extended width keyboard, I can use the little wireless one for the iPad... which I'm typing on right now as first proof-of-concept after pairing it to the iPad.

OMG, this is SO MUCH BETTER than the touchscreen keyboard. I feel like I'm flying, man! :-)

I owned my first rifle @ 6..... Let's keep those topics out of this enjoyable thread.:D

aktif8 12-25-2013 11:52 AM

Originally Posted by ZOSTER33 (Post 3716311)
So one quote and because it's BB it makes it valid. You didn't PM me the links to the dozen or so people that have taken them off because they suck. I can easily say that your fake wheels are dangerous to drive on and I'm sure BB would agree but hey if you're happy with them then that's on you.

Not sure what you're looking at, but my wheels aren't knock-offs. Try again, skippy.

Might want to go back and read, and try a bit harder on the reading comprehension. ANECDOTAL evidence is that Kinetix rasp. The BB quote is evidence to the same. I've heard them rasp in person. The first hit in the archives is of someone selling their raspy Kinetix hfcs. End story.

Bota36 12-25-2013 11:53 AM

Update: I got the jack. Yeahhhhh!!!!!! Ramps too but I get to pick them out myself.

http://i1077.photobucket.com/albums/...psdaxvchfo.jpg

connoisseurr 12-25-2013 12:29 PM

Originally Posted by '11G37S (Post 3716184)
After Christmas I'll probably get R2C intakes, phillips replacement headlight bulbs and depending on what I have left will probably go towards repainting my front bumper.

I would just invest your money in the OSRAM Xenarc CBI bulbs - spend the extra $$$ on the improved light output

Originally Posted by Bota36 (Post 3716412)
Update: I got the jack. Yeahhhhh!!!!!! Ramps too but I get to pick them out myself.

http://i1077.photobucket.com/albums/...psdaxvchfo.jpg

These are great! I have two of them in my garage for doing side work here and there. I've found now that my neighbor has 2 two-post lifts in his garage, I do all my work there as it's just way more convenient to lift the car up quickly.

connoisseurr 12-25-2013 12:32 PM

On a side note, I got a set of FI RHFCs yesterday and got them installed. Unfortunately since I purchased them used from a forum member, I had to make my own gaskets for the header and pre-cat flanges. Worked out great - no leaks of any kind.

I haven't noticed any improved sounds but I may or may not have noticed the mentioned hissing noise that you get with aftermarket products. More to come on this as I only drove my car around the block before tucking it in the garage for the day.