Sponsored by:

Sedan Chat Thread

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2014, 08:32 PM
Mik3G37S

Received 211 Likes on 146 Posts
Originally Posted by '11G37S
This one is my favorite.
Thank you, for some reason I have to agree with Brad, I like the picture in the tunnel more, like he said it came out to perfection and as soon as I saw it, I loved how the tunnel ends right there and then there's the sunlight !

Originally Posted by blnewt
Mike, that pic in the tunnel is money, framed to perfection
Thank you Brad, I 100% agree with you on that. see the reply to Kirk above

Originally Posted by alxmlr789
Mike - Car is lookin great man.
Thank you Alex, appreciate it, yours looks immaculate !

Originally Posted by doublea88
Yup , the first rolling shot is my fav too! The picture isn't sharp on my screen as well but i think its because you didn't upload the full size image, which is why it is clear on your phone and not your computer.

I think you are right, probably because I didn't upload the full size image , as those are quite big and would be all up in your face kind of pictures while looking at the screen.

And like I said I dig the rear rolling shot better, also there are some more pictures in the works ! it's not all of them yet
Old 11-11-2014, 09:21 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,574 Likes on 3,425 Posts
Originally Posted by alxmlr789
Are these the B2autodesigns? I have the 20mm and they are top notch.
Yep. 15mm, front and back.

Originally Posted by Mik3G37S
maybe they look good... but not really functional especially lowered in snow with snow tires , as there is low clearance and the snow will splatter all over the fender line and will freeze up, hence the reason why I'm not gonna use my spacers on my duckfeet, instead I'll have more clearance for the snow to be coming out of the tire tread, which translates into that it won't get clogged up around the fender line and snow will have a path to come out of the fender area, and also the narrower the distance between the wheels : RL to RR or FL to FR and the narrower the tires, the better traction in snow. hopefully that makes some sense
These are 15mm, not 20's. They're not flush. In fact, it looks very normal. But I hear ya... We'lll compare notes mid-winter.

Originally Posted by Lego_Maniac
C'mon Rochester, lets see some pics! Do you run staggered sized snow tires?
Yes, 7.5" fronts and 8.5" rears... RWD Sedan Sport Rims.

I'll take pics tomorrow. No biggie.
Old 11-11-2014, 09:24 PM
Mik3G37S

Received 211 Likes on 146 Posts
Originally Posted by Rochester
These are 15mm, not 20's. They're not flush. In fact, it looks very normal. But I hear ya... We'lll compare notes mid-winter.
Well still even if 15mm, still less clearance from snow to come out while driving which is already less because lowered

Yeah we will, what winter tires do you have again? the performance blizzaks? or just the regular snow/ice blizzaks?
Old 11-11-2014, 09:27 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Blizzak LM-60. Third winter, still lots of tread, but I'm low mileage. I really hate them. Put them on the car today because it was nearly 70* and perfect weather for spending the day outdoors, particularly since freezing temps are only a day away. Some weird things going on weather wise in North America.

Guys, how come my TPMS hasn't lit up yet? Usually only takes a half mile for it to turn on when there's a tire out of range, or a mismatched set of sensors. But I drove about five miles this evening, and the console is still clean. WTF?

Last edited by Rochester; 11-11-2014 at 10:29 PM.
Old 11-11-2014, 11:17 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,941 Likes on 4,174 Posts
Blizzak LM-60. Third winter, still lots of tread, but I'm low mileage. I really hate them. Put them on the car today because it was nearly 70* and perfect weather for spending the day outdoors, particularly since freezing temps are only a day away. Some weird things going on weather wise in North America.

Guys, how come my TPMS hasn't lit up yet? Usually only takes a half mile for it to turn on when there's a tire out of range, or a mismatched set of sensors. But I drove about five miles this evening, and the console is still clean. WTF?
First time I installed new wheels w/out TPMS I had to drive it about 20 miles before it started flashing (and then stay lit), then it stays lit right away ever since.
Old 11-12-2014, 06:38 AM
Lego_Maniac
Registered Member

Received 506 Likes on 435 Posts
Yes, 7.5" fronts and 8.5" rears... RWD Sedan Sport Rims.

Yes, I know, but do you run staggered size snow tires, or a square setup? I want to see how representative your car looks lowered on Swifts with duckfeet and 15 mm spacers
Old 11-12-2014, 07:28 AM
Rochester
Administrator

Originally Posted by blnewt
First time I installed new wheels w/out TPMS I had to drive it about 20 miles before it started flashing (and then stay lit), then it stays lit right away ever since.
My experience with TPMS on this car is almost immediate. Less than a half mile before it registers the correction. And a couple months ago when I was running Vossens in the back and duckfeet in the front (because of a broken valve stem), it registered failure in that same half mile.

Yes, I know, but do you run staggered size snow tires, or a square setup? I want to see how representative your car looks lowered on Swifts with duckfeet and 15 mm spacers
Yes, staggered, OEM sized snow tires. 225/50-18 Front, 245/45-18 Rear.

Last edited by Rochester; 11-12-2014 at 08:17 AM.
Old 11-12-2014, 03:41 PM
'11G37S
A 1/4 mile @ a time

Received 173 Likes on 153 Posts
Just out of curiosity, when is everyone putting their winter tires on? Mine will be on no later than Saturday, Sunday it's suppose to snow.
Old 11-12-2014, 05:38 PM
twin_snails
Premier Member

Received 174 Likes on 114 Posts
Mine are already on. Michelin Pilot AS/3's...tsk...tsk. Granted we don't get much snow to speak of in Texas, but I drove to work last January in 6 inches of snow. They did fine for the most part except some spin when taking off from stop lights, even with ginger application of skinny pedal.

Do the snow tires really grip that much better than all seasons? My understanding is that if you have your tires siped, you essentially get the same benefit as a snow tire. Granted, I'm speaking from a southern winter perspective and while I'm from the northeast, all of my adult years have been in the south. I know NE winters are much harsher than ours and I have limited drive time in winter in the northeast.

Is the rubber compound a lot softer on snow tires? Thx in advance for educating me.
Old 11-12-2014, 05:44 PM
Rochester
Administrator

AFAIK, Grip on snow is all in the tread design. Ditto that for water displacement. Whereas grip on ice is all about the tire compound.

And I never got out today for pics of the duckfeet w/spacers. My bad. Soon enough, I'm sure.
The following users liked this post:
twin_snails (11-13-2014)
Old 11-12-2014, 06:38 PM
Lego_Maniac
Registered Member

And I never got out today for pics of the duckfeet w/spacers. My bad. Soon enough, I'm sure.
Slacker

So, around 11:30 today my boss called me in and told me he was eliminating my position today--after a mere 3.5 months on the job. I got a very generous separation package.

At 2:00 I accepted another job offer.

I have a bit of a budget surplus

So....I think I should treat my car to something. Short throw shifter or spacers?
The following users liked this post:
twin_snails (11-13-2014)
Old 11-12-2014, 06:47 PM
RexHavoc
Premier Member

Received 163 Likes on 143 Posts
Originally Posted by '11G37S
Just out of curiosity, when is everyone putting their winter tires on? Mine will be on no later than Saturday, Sunday it's suppose to snow.
So.... You're saying I should finally buy mine?
I may put the old wheels and tires back on with spacers haven't decided yet. Coils are going on today so I didn't want to change too much. Should probably just go buy some all seasons I suppose.
Old 11-12-2014, 07:03 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Slacker

So, around 11:30 today my boss called me in and told me he was eliminating my position today--after a mere 3.5 months on the job. I got a very generous separation package.

At 2:00 I accepted another job offer.

I have a bit of a budget surplus

So....I think I should treat my car to something. Short throw shifter or spacers?
Oh... STS! STS!!!

But I say that selfishly. I'm planning on a STS next summer, but if you get it now I can do it vicariously through you. That didn't sound too creepy...

Wait. WTF? Do both, man. Spacers aren't more than $200, and the STS isn't more than $250 (plus install).
Old 11-12-2014, 07:19 PM
Lego_Maniac
Registered Member

Oh... STS! STS!!!

But I say that selfishly. I'm planning on a STS next summer, but if you get it now I can do it vicariously through you. That didn't sound too creepy...
Only like 50% creepy

Post pics of the 225 and 245s with spacers and swifts. I need perspective.

Wait. WTF? Do both, man. Spacers aren't more than $200, and the STS isn't more than $250 (plus install).
I want to direct some of that surplus to new felt and bumpers on my pool table. I've been neglecting my man cave
Old 11-12-2014, 08:00 PM
pdpMIATA

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Anyone know if the steering wheels have changed since 2011?
Just got a brand new replacement steering wheel (long story short it was scratched) and its not the same deep black as I remember it...more of like a dark gray. Nor does it feel like the hard leather either. Bit on the alcantara side in terms of feeling.

Will check it up with service this weekend but figured someone would have this bit of info before I do.

Quick Reply: Sedan Chat Thread