Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction
Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G37? Find out the answer in here!

G37 7speed transmission reprogram

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2010, 03:54 PM
sniper27

Received 79 Likes on 72 Posts
Originally Posted by bashirdur
Those of you how have hard time getting the TSB, just go to the service department and complain about the transmission lag and hasitant and the rest should be followed by the service advisor. Two times I took my car in and all I had to say was that my transmission is lagging and revs up/down crazily. The service advisor without any questions reflashed my transmission ans ecm twice now with no charge whatsoever.
do you have a 2010?
Old 12-28-2010, 05:44 PM
1BadAssG

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by sniper27
do you have a 2010?
Yes I have a 2010
Old 12-28-2010, 05:54 PM
sniper27

Received 79 Likes on 72 Posts
perfect...i'm due for service soon. will definitely bring it up.
Old 12-29-2010, 11:26 AM
HappyG

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Just dropped off my car at the dealer. I mentioned about the lag and jerky gear shift to the adviser. He said a software update just arrived yesterday for this fix.
Old 12-29-2010, 12:23 PM
Saltin
Registered Member

I was just in at my service dept making an appointment for my 3 month old 2010, I mentioned that I was experiencing poor coasting and funny shifting between 3 and 4 in traffic, both of which are true. He said "we'll take a look, there might be a new program for that".

Car goes in on Friday, I'll post the outcome here.
Old 12-29-2010, 01:32 PM
coolraz

Originally Posted by Saltin
I was just in at my service dept making an appointment for my 3 month old 2010, I mentioned that I was experiencing poor coasting and funny shifting between 3 and 4 in traffic, both of which are true. He said "we'll take a look, there might be a new program for that".

Car goes in on Friday, I'll post the outcome here.
I drive in manual or DS almost exclusively so I don't get too much problems but it definitely shifts slowly (like, I'll have to upshift around 6500 rpm in order to get the shift to be timed at 7500) and also the downshift is slow so when I'm passing I have to "time" it so that I hit the downshift as I'm hitting the gas so it revs and actually shifts at the right time, but it's kinda hard. Would this upgrade fix this issue? Or is it only for D mode based driving?
Old 12-29-2010, 01:45 PM
spect2k

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
This is great news, I was in to the dealer two weeks ago complaining about this and I've already done the original reflash from a while back. It hasn't seemed to help much.

I too would love to get my hands on this. If anyone has a copy of it or can get a copy from the dealer when they go in, post it up!
Old 12-29-2010, 01:51 PM
MaluG37

I experienced something new in addition to the acceleration lag, rough down/up shift, rpm flare and excessive engine braking. I pulled into a parking spot today and shifted into P. While still on the brakes and even before I even got my hand on the seatbelt there was a loud thud and shutter as if i got rearended. I looked around and no one hit me. It was just the transmission doing something weird. This transmission is nothing but trouble, I hope someone figures it out. It's a shame because the trans is slowly making me hate this car.
Old 12-29-2010, 02:01 PM
Saltin
Registered Member

Originally Posted by coolraz
I drive in manual or DS almost exclusively so I don't get too much problems but it definitely shifts slowly (like, I'll have to upshift around 6500 rpm in order to get the shift to be timed at 7500) and also the downshift is slow so when I'm passing I have to "time" it so that I hit the downshift as I'm hitting the gas so it revs and actually shifts at the right time, but it's kinda hard. Would this upgrade fix this issue? Or is it only for D mode based driving?
I've got no idea, but from what I understand it appears to address issues that manifest during D driving. For example in manual mode, I can make my car coast much better than it does in D. To be honest, the real issue for me is the excessive engine breaking when the car should just be coasting, it seems to kick in right around 20-25km an hour. It's annyoing as heck and makes the car's momentum just die. If I could get that addressed I'd be pretty happy - all the other quirks my transmission had disappeared as it adjusted to my driving style over break-in.
Old 12-29-2010, 03:10 PM
cvroom

Originally Posted by bashirdur
Those of you how have hard time getting the TSB, just go to the service department and complain about the transmission lag and hasitant and the rest should be followed by the service advisor. Two times I took my car in and all I had to say was that my transmission is lagging and revs up/down crazily. The service advisor without any questions reflashed my transmission ans ecm twice now with no charge whatsoever.
so did the reflash fix the lagging?
Old 12-29-2010, 03:36 PM
coolraz

Originally Posted by Saltin
I've got no idea, but from what I understand it appears to address issues that manifest during D driving. For example in manual mode, I can make my car coast much better than it does in D. To be honest, the real issue for me is the excessive engine breaking when the car should just be coasting, it seems to kick in right around 20-25km an hour. It's annyoing as heck and makes the car's momentum just die. If I could get that addressed I'd be pretty happy - all the other quirks my transmission had disappeared as it adjusted to my driving style over break-in.
Yeah I know exactly what you mean, that's why I drive in M/DS : ) exept on cruise control on highway. I guess to really improve the shifting I need a valve body upgrade for the tranny : ). Although, I heard that Uprev has opened up some new transmission tuning options in Osiris, so I might check that out first...
Old 12-29-2010, 04:33 PM
1BadAssG

Originally Posted by cvroom
so did the reflash fix the lagging?
It does fix the upshift from first to second very smooth and also a little more improved in D mode. The lag is gone but still exists. A few more updates and Infiniti could get it right
Old 12-29-2010, 06:46 PM
HappyG

Originally Posted by MaluG37
I experienced something new in addition to the acceleration lag, rough down/up shift, rpm flare and excessive engine braking. I pulled into a parking spot today and shifted into P. While still on the brakes and even before I even got my hand on the seatbelt there was a loud thud and shutter as if i got rearended. I looked around and no one hit me. It was just the transmission doing something weird. This transmission is nothing but trouble, I hope someone figures it out. It's a shame because the trans is slowly making me hate this car.
If you park on a slope, then it is possible that you get a loud thump. I experience this every time I park on a slope. To avoid the loud thump, I push down the hand (foot?) brake before I shift the shifter to "P". Just make sure you remember to shift the shifter to "D" then release the hand brake next time you drive.
Old 12-29-2010, 07:08 PM
HappyG

Smooth Transmission After TSB was Performed

I just picked up my car from service. THE TRANSMISSION IS NOW BUTTER SMOOTH!!

It was a happy 6 mile drive home. I will let you guys know how it goes after I drive more.

As per OP, they performed "ITB 10-075..".

Last edited by HappyG; 12-29-2010 at 07:38 PM.
The following users liked this post:
NyC_G37x (11-24-2014)
Old 12-29-2010, 07:57 PM
Chico

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Any word if 2011 models don't have this update?

Quick Reply: G37 7speed transmission reprogram