Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

BT streaming issues- iOS 10.0.2

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2016, 05:06 PM
GLife14
Registered Member

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
BT streaming issues- iOS 10.0.2

Has anyone had any issues with bluetooth or bluetooth audio on the 2010+ units with a iPhone? Was playing around with one, but not the specific car I have purchased.

Also, any updates to the system itself that can be completed under warranty?

Thank you.
Old 11-09-2016, 08:20 PM
Ape Factory
Registered Member

Received 322 Likes on 231 Posts
Sometimes a restart of the phone helps. I think I'm on 10.1.1 and I don't have any streaming issues on 2013/2015 Infinitis I own.
Old 11-10-2016, 12:12 AM
GLife14
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Ape Factory
Sometimes a restart of the phone helps. I think I'm on 10.1.1 and I don't have any streaming issues on 2013/2015 Infinitis I own.
Great. Also, I assume the USB connection method in the center console will play music and charge a iphone at the same time?
Old 11-10-2016, 12:25 AM
hotdawwgman
Registered Member

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
It slowly charges....
Old 11-10-2016, 08:41 AM
Ape Factory
Registered Member

I've found mine actually charges pretty well. I typically run a maps program along with a radar detector interface (which also uses cellular data) and stream music and it'll still charge the phone. On some other cars, it'd either maintain the same battery level or even drop slowly.
Old 11-10-2016, 06:51 PM
GLife14
Registered Member

Any users of spotify able to stream successfully over BT or USB on iphone?
Old 11-11-2016, 12:41 AM
Ricio1991
Registered Member

Received 113 Likes on 102 Posts
Originally Posted by kushp14
Any users of spotify able to stream successfully over BT or USB on iphone?
I do all the time. I haven't with my new iPhone 7 tho because I don't have a song downloaded on my phone but never had issues with my iPhone 6 when I had songs downloaded.

FYI to everyone else the USB charges the phone sucks and doesn't charge well I use my Verizon car charger and it works perfect and quick to charge
The following users liked this post:
hotdawwgman (11-11-2016)
Old 11-11-2016, 12:52 AM
hotdawwgman
Registered Member

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by Ricio1991
I do all the time. I haven't with my new iPhone 7 tho because I don't have a song downloaded on my phone but never had issues with my iPhone 6 when I had songs downloaded.

FYI to everyone else the USB charges the phone sucks and doesn't charge well I use my Verizon car charger and it works perfect and quick to charge
Same Here
The following users liked this post:
GLife14 (11-11-2016)
Old 11-11-2016, 10:35 AM
viper630

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts
Has anyone had any issues with bluetooth or bluetooth audio on the 2010+ units with a iPhone? Was playing around with one, but not the specific car I have purchased.

Thank you.
I have a 2011 G37s (bought Sept '15) and an iPhone 6 Plus (right now running IOS 10.1.1).

Now prior to the IOS 10 update I had huge problems with bluetooth audio streaming. One of the biggest problems I had was while streaming music for about 15mins the phone would disconnect from the audio system. I would actually see the message on the Navi screen stating that "phone disconnecting" and then a few seconds later I would see message that the phone is reconnecting. This happened every time, every 15 to 20 mins phone would disconnect. Now it seem to be an audio streaming issue only, I never had phone calls disconnect, even with calls lasting longer than 15mins.

Other Problems were:

Audio sounded like it was skipping or clipped
Audio text would randomly no up on the Navi screen.

Now I have warranty on my car and I had found one those technical bulletins detailing at least the "audio clipping skipping issues" which stated that the fix was to update the entire Navi system. I tired to use my warranty to get the Navi system updated due to the audio issues and I even showed serviced guy the technical bulletin and he told me that the audio issues was not covered under the warranty it would cost me about $300 to have the Navi system updated. I declined to pay.

Now all the above happened early this year. So I was still having those problems until IOS 10 update, which I believe was this past August. After the IOS 10 updated, my iPhone no longer disconnects using bluetooth nor am I getting the audio clip/skipping issues. I'm still seeing the random audio text no showing up on the screen.

I hope that helps.

Last edited by viper630; 11-11-2016 at 10:40 AM.
Old 11-18-2016, 03:31 PM
GLife14
Registered Member

Ok so I just picked up my G and I'm having a slight static when using Bluetooth audio on my iPhone. Static appears with Spotify Pandora and music from my library. It is not bad but still noticeable. USB is fine. Any suggestions?
Old 11-18-2016, 11:56 PM
Ape Factory
Registered Member

Restart the phone first. Could be a bad bluetooth module however. If restarting the phone doesn't solve the problem, have the dealer take a look. I get zero static using bluetooth (and not connected via USB).
Old 11-19-2016, 05:26 AM
telcoman
Registered Member

Received 161 Likes on 139 Posts

Thank you.
Current IOS update is 10.1.1

Telcoman
Old 11-19-2016, 12:20 PM
GLife14
Registered Member

Seems to be fine after a re sync... If it comes back, I'll replace the cable.
Old 11-20-2016, 03:53 PM
Mattlorentzoe
Premier Member

Received 156 Likes on 119 Posts
I'm having same problem. Mine has worked fine till recent update. It says song not available on screen when I try and use my iPhone on pandora or YouTube. My girlfriends works fine with no problems.

I have tried the following on my 6s plus 10.1.1
Re install iTunes (on 2 different computers)
Reset the entire car radio (holding settings and turning volume down 20-40 clicks)
Factory reset iPhone (hold power and home button for like 20 seconds)
Restore iPhone via iTunes (2 different computers)
Different Apple USB cord
Forget the car Bluetooth and rejoin on iPhone
Verified no iOS update available
Apple over the phone had no idea and couldn't fix it
I'm sure did other things but no luck

Next to try,
Bluetooth update at Infiniti
New iPhone (warranty)
Old 12-27-2016, 07:52 PM
delfinparis

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
My issue is around bluetooth calls. Tons of stuttering hearing the other person on the call whether I'm plugged directly into the iphone port or just connected via bluetooth. It tends to even out after a minute, but there's definitely something wrong.

And I already had my car upgraded in the past month with the TSB update that addressed this issue with iOS 10. But it didn't really fix it entirely. It did fix the bluetooth music streaming issue, but not the phone call streaming issue.

Anyone know if there's a new TSB to fix iOS 10 phone call stutters? I can't tell you how annoying it is.

I'm on 10.0.2, btw.

I did a car factory reset to fully remove the bluetooth connection (this is where you enter the admin screen on the car touch by turning the volume **** 60 times while holding down another button). Anyway, that worked last year with my Note 5. Techs at infiniti corporate gave me that strategy and had acknowledged there was an issue at the time with that version of Android.

So, to reiterate, this is on an iPhone 7+ running 10.0.2 (but also experienced it on previous builds of iOS 10).

I have 2012 g37x with nav.

I could do a full factory reset of the phone, but I'd rather not. And since I don't have ANY other issues connecting the phone to other bluetooth devices, I have a hard time believing a phone factory reset is the fix.

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance!