Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Q60 Final Teaser - Revealed in Detroit

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2016, 02:33 PM
InfinitiFreak

Received 36 Likes on 29 Posts
Originally Posted by eljoker
Im not seeing the Silver sport model. Hopefully they drop it as I dont think the Coupe needs that many different versions for sale in one market. Besides, with the 19 inch wheels being standard on all models, and no differences in looks other than a badge and Silver color BBK, whats the point. Suspension, seats and paddle shifters?
I thought the silver sport model was just the regular 3.0t 300hp version that is on the website.
Old 09-08-2016, 02:47 PM
saywat?
Registered Member

Received 276 Likes on 238 Posts
Originally Posted by gill1606
no i see the INFINITI emblem even on the picture for the carbon fibre package.

See its right there, that's the picture they give for the carbon fibre package in the accessories section of the build.

The emblem has to stay, even in the CF package, or midnight grill add on, because of the tech. There is no COMPLETELY blacked out grill unfortunately.
lol are u for reals? ur proof is an artist drawing of the car?
Old 09-08-2016, 03:06 PM
dhhG37

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by saywat?
lol are u for reals? ur proof is an artist drawing of the car?
no i see the INFINITI emblem even on the picture for the carbon fibre package.

See its right there, that's the picture they give for the carbon fibre package in the accessories section of the build.

The emblem has to stay, even in the CF package, or midnight grill add on, because of the tech. There is no COMPLETELY blacked out grill unfortunately.

that same image also says in fine print: Image may show additional available equipment

so this could be the Red Sport with CF package and Radiant Grille addon without tech or drivers assistance packages......
Old 09-08-2016, 03:30 PM
gill1606
Registered Member

Received 97 Likes on 88 Posts
if i can get a completely blacked out front grill minus the badge but with all the tech, that would make me really happy. But i dont think that is possible.
Old 09-08-2016, 03:47 PM
KAHBOOM
Super Moderator of Pwnage

Received 195 Likes on 139 Posts
At 59,200ish is where my configuration comes in. That CF package is like 2000!! lol

The spoiler itself is around 900.. I know its carbon fiber and all but dang its just a little strip of it.
Perhaps aftermarket and wrap or paint is a much better option as at a glance it will pretty much have the same effect that one would be trying to accomplish with the CF package; Especially- if I am researching correctly- since apparently the black grill isn't available with the Drivers Assistance package or Tech.
Save some of that 2K for some mods
The following users liked this post:
gill1606 (09-08-2016)
Old 09-08-2016, 04:21 PM
tomro99

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by KAHBOOM
At 59,200ish is where my configuration comes in. That CF package is like 2000!! lol

The spoiler itself is around 900.. I know its carbon fiber and all but dang its just a little strip of it.
Perhaps aftermarket and wrap or paint is a much better option as at a glance it will pretty much have the same effect that one would be trying to accomplish with the CF package; Especially- if I am researching correctly- since apparently the black grill isn't available with the Drivers Assistance package or Tech.
Save some of that 2K for some mods
Agreed. Wrapping those trim pieces will look nice as well. As far as the Drivers Assist and Tech packages, are those even worth it? You can save 4100 bucks by not getting those.
The following users liked this post:
gill1606 (09-08-2016)
Old 09-08-2016, 04:24 PM
gill1606
Registered Member

I'd rather go for the completely blacked out emblem-less grill. Forget the tech and drivers assistance packages, premium package is enough for me. I don't need the car to apply brakes for me, I have been doing that myself since I began driving lol!
Old 09-08-2016, 04:24 PM
tomro99

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
I'd rather go for the completely blacked out emblem-less grill. Forget the tech and drivers assistance packages, premium package is enough for me. I don't need the car to apply brakes for me, I have been doing that myself since I began driving lol!
My thought exactly.

Last edited by tomro99; 09-08-2016 at 04:34 PM.
Old 09-08-2016, 04:28 PM
gill1606
Registered Member

Thank God infiniti isn't forcing us to get those packages with the red sport 400. If they did I'd get this car used, I'm not paying full price for something I don't want.

Last edited by gill1606; 09-08-2016 at 04:38 PM.
Old 09-08-2016, 04:37 PM
dhhG37

if i can get a completely blacked out front grill minus the badge but with all the tech, that would make me really happy. But i dont think that is possible.
just doesn't make sense (cents in Infiniti's case) as I would have added the $2250 Drivers Assistance package but then I couldn't get the sport grille. Since you can't get both instead I'll just get the sport grille at $400 and they lose $2250!!!
Old 09-08-2016, 05:16 PM
KAHBOOM
Super Moderator of Pwnage

Received 195 Likes on 139 Posts
Originally Posted by tomro99
Agreed. Wrapping those trim pieces will look nice as well. As far as the Drivers Assist and Tech packages, are those even worth it? You can save 4100 bucks by not getting those.
Tech is definitely out for me.. But I like the Driver Assistance package just for blind spot monitoring alone. Keeps me from having to take my eyes so far away from forward when changing lanes- which I do often in rush hour on the freeway going around people who don't honor the general rule that the left lane should be for passing.

The coupe has a huge blind spot still.

And I think most cars will probably start moving to front crash prevention technologies as standard soon.. I t might be better for resale to have it.
Old 09-08-2016, 05:18 PM
gill1606
Registered Member

Originally Posted by dhhG37
just doesn't make sense (cents in Infiniti's case) as I would have added the $2250 Drivers Assistance package but then I couldn't get the sport grille. Since you can't get both instead I'll just get the sport grille at $400 and they lose $2250!!!
And I think most cars will probably start moving to front crash prevention technologies as standard soon.. I t might be better for resale to have it.
Yea dude totally, I really wanted all that tech stuff, but since they are forcing us to 1. have this huge emblem on the front, and 2. even if we compromise with having this big badge on our car's front, we cant get the midnight black sport grill and have to stick with the standard one.

Therefore, I am dropping the drivers assist and tech packages, as I don't feel the need for so much tech in my car. I am a very conservative driver and wouldn't trust blind spot prevention and would look twice anyway. So I'll stick with the premium plus package, get the midnight black sports grill and debadge the glowing emblem (midnight sport grill comes with radiant glowing INFINITI emblem).

There are going to be those who do want all that tech and may like the badge or not care too much about the aesthetics of the grill. They can get those packages, but not getting them will also be more modder friendly, because you cant touch that standard grill if it gets those packages, no switching out front grill for other aftermarket custom ones. That could help in Resale value too as some people are more into modding.

Last edited by gill1606; 09-09-2016 at 02:55 AM.
Old 09-08-2016, 05:18 PM
dhhG37

Tech is definitely out for me.. But I like the Driver Assistance package just for blind spot monitoring alone. Keeps me from having to take my eyes so far away from forward when changing lanes- which I do often in rush hour on the freeway going around people who don't honor the general rule that the left lane should be for passing.

The coupe has a huge blind spot still.
exactly why I was interested in it - i've come pretty close a few times!!!
Old 09-08-2016, 05:54 PM
eljoker

Received 192 Likes on 125 Posts
Only thing I car for on Drivers Assist is Around View monitor and blind spot. But I don't even have a back up camera on my car now so Premium Plus is more than enough. Memory seats, power tilt/telo steering wheel and Remote start is all I really need. Nav is no big deal but it comes on that package.

I can black out the chrome and I'm sure Stillen will offer a Spoiler and Roof Wing.
Old 09-08-2016, 07:57 PM
jasonviper

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by eljoker
Only thing I car for on Drivers Assist is Around View monitor and blind spot. But I don't even have a back up camera on my car now so Premium Plus is more than enough. Memory seats, power tilt/telo steering wheel and Remote start is all I really need. Nav is no big deal but it comes on that package.

I can black out the chrome and I'm sure Stillen will offer a Spoiler and Roof Wing.
Where are the mud flaps? I don't see them listed.

Quick Reply: Q60 Final Teaser - Revealed in Detroit