MyG37

MyG37 (https://www.myg37.com/forums/)
-   G37 Coupe (https://www.myg37.com/forums/g37-coupe-239/)
-   -   VDC question (https://www.myg37.com/forums/g37-coupe/191014-vdc-question.html)

HamstersG 02-19-2009 11:50 PM

VDC off, and you slip, the light will come on. That is what happens in my car, but don't feel anything because it is off.

Ivoidwarranties 02-19-2009 11:53 PM

The VDC system uses an Active Brake Limited Slip (ABLS) function to improve vehicle traction. The ABLS system works when one of the driving wheels is spinning on a slippery surface. The ABLS system brakes the spinning wheel, which distributes the driving power to the other drive wheel. If the vehicle is operated with the VDC OFF switch pushed and the VDC system turned off, all VDC systems will be turned off. The ABLS system and ABS will still operate with the VDC system off. If the ABLS system is activated, the SLIP indicator will blink and you may hear a clunk noise and/or feel a pulsation in the brake pedal. This is normal and is not an indication of a malfunction.

That is really confusing me. So the car has a VLSD (viscous limited slip differential) and also uses ABLS (Active Brake Limited Slip)?
And ABLS is still active with the VDC off? That sucks!!!
Somebody tell me I'm all messed up.

Skyline-LEXY 02-19-2009 11:59 PM

umm i think i did feel lost of power when I sliped with VDC off
again NOT 100% sure

KAHBOOM 02-20-2009 10:53 PM

Originally Posted by Ivoidwarranties (Post 2552011)
The VDC system uses an Active Brake Limited Slip (ABLS) function to improve vehicle traction. The ABLS system works when one of the driving wheels is spinning on a slippery surface. The ABLS system brakes the spinning wheel, which distributes the driving power to the other drive wheel. If the vehicle is operated with the VDC OFF switch pushed and the VDC system turned off, all VDC systems will be turned off. The ABLS system and ABS will still operate with the VDC system off. If the ABLS system is activated, the SLIP indicator will blink and you may hear a clunk noise and/or feel a pulsation in the brake pedal. This is normal and is not an indication of a malfunction.

That is really confusing me. So the car has a VLSD (viscous limited slip differential) and also uses ABLS (Active Brake Limited Slip)?
And ABLS is still active with the VDC off? That sucks!!!
Somebody tell me I'm all messed up.

You are correct... It happens just enough however to equalize the speed of both wheels. If you spin both wheels at equal speeds its a non-factor. VLSD is of primary benefit in tight turns- minimizing inside wheel spin.

Skyline-LEXY 02-20-2009 10:56 PM

tested today and i did not lose any power when VDC were off.

wakeboardr116 02-20-2009 11:34 PM

^^^But did they slip light still come on or not?

Skyline-LEXY 02-20-2009 11:35 PM

Slip light did not come on but I felt slipping

last lemming 02-20-2009 11:46 PM

more importantly, did both wheel spin or did you take a tight corner and make it slip. I notice on tight corners I do get the light with VDC off, but I don't with both wheels spinning.

Originally Posted by Skyline-LEXY (Post 2552860)
tested today and i did not lose any power when VDC were off.

Thrillhouse 02-21-2009 12:06 AM

I get this too, I was wondering what was going on. I guess it's just the ABLS thing kicking in.

I noticed it during my autocross last weekend. Wheels spinning and I'd see the slip light blink a little. Good to know it's not still trying to stop me from sliding around.

(not that it was effective): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7Jk8ZmVAkE&fmt=18

Skyline-LEXY 02-21-2009 12:17 AM

Originally Posted by last lemming (Post 2552883)
more importantly, did both wheel spin or did you take a tight corner and make it slip. I notice on tight corners I do get the light with VDC off, but I don't with both wheels spinning.

Your absolutely correct. I do get slip light on tight corner when I slip but when both wheel were slipping, slip light did not blink.

Skyline-LEXY 02-21-2009 12:19 AM

Originally Posted by Thrillhouse (Post 2552888)
I get this too, I was wondering what was going on. I guess it's just the ABLS thing kicking in.

I noticed it during my autocross last weekend. Wheels spinning and I'd see the slip light blink a little. Good to know it's not still trying to stop me from sliding around.

(not that it was effective): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7Jk8ZmVAkE&fmt=18

Did you have Hotchkis or Stillen sways during autocross?

htownboy 02-21-2009 01:56 AM

Originally Posted by wakeboardr116 (Post 2551929)
I'm pretty sure my slip light still lights up when i turn VDC off. I've done it several times where its says im slipping and trust me it wasnt holding me back in anyway.

+1... If I push it hard it will flicker, but does nothing to the car; did the same in my G35 before this G :coolio:

majin ssj eric 02-21-2009 11:49 AM

Umm, whats the point of turning off the VDC again???

tristan1334 02-21-2009 11:58 AM

Originally Posted by majin ssj eric (Post 2553021)
Umm, whats the point of turning off the VDC again???

If you wanna extract you car's full potential without the VDC taking some power from the wheels.

Dimitry6 02-21-2009 12:59 PM

when u turn off vdc THERE is still traction holding the car back why wont some1 then turn off vdc and try to do a burn out it wont let u im not sure about the 6mt the automatic it wont let u cuz something is still holding the car back the car burns out for about 3 sec's and stops cuz of traction even wen vdc is off