MyG37

MyG37 (https://www.myg37.com/forums/)
-   G37 Coupe (https://www.myg37.com/forums/g37-coupe-239/)
-   -   Car was broken into.... ADVICE NEEDED (https://www.myg37.com/forums/g37-coupe/181233-car-was-broken-into-advice-needed.html)

Protein Shakes 05-27-2008 12:03 PM

Originally Posted by erock (Post 2343628)
I kinda knew I was asking for it by going there... My wife and I just had to exchange something. Get this tho, it happened on Friday around 6pm, lot wasn't full and was daylight out. Ballsy MF'rs...

Damn, 6PM on a Friday? Those hooligans are pretty ballsy to do a stunt like that.
Next time please wait in the car while your wife does the returning :)

erock 05-27-2008 12:12 PM

Originally Posted by Black 6MT (Post 2343659)
Damn, 6PM on a Friday? Those hooligans are pretty ballsy to do a stunt like that.
Next time please wait in the car while your wife does the returning :)

No Kidding.... I'm thinking, if it ain't hot out, I'm going to start leaving my pit in the car w/ the windows cracked open. He used to go w/ me everywhere in my old car and slept in the back seat if I had to run errands. But since the weather has been getting warm, he usually stays home (plus, I didn't want him scratching the seats)

axylus 05-27-2008 12:42 PM

Originally Posted by erock (Post 2343555)

PS: DO NOT ever take the car to Jersey Gardens Mall. The cop said he just took a report on the same car in a different lot before he came to us.

:eek: WOW! I was there this weekend too... Thanks for the heads up, I won't be taking my car there anymore.

madmikeg37 05-27-2008 12:53 PM

Originally Posted by erock (Post 2343555)
:mad: What a start to my Memorial Day Weekend. I'm not going to get into the details on how they got in, but they got in fairly easy. Anyway, they went throught everything (glove, sunglass holder, trunk, etc.) and guess what, they didn't take anything. So now I've got damage to my driver's side door that the Claims guys est. to be $1264.00 to repair.

Here's my question: If I take it to a Geico approved shop, the work is guaranteed for as long as I own the car. Although, I would be at the mercy of a shop that may not have experience w/ this car.

If I go to Infiniti, it's only guaranteed for 90 days I think. I know that Infiniti will just outsource it to a shop as well, but, I always thought that any work should be done by Infiniti (or whoever they trust to do the work).

How should I get this handled? Am I just being paranoid? I've never had to get any body work done before so I want to make sure I make the right decision on who works on my car. Advice appreciated.

PS: DO NOT ever take the car to Jersey Gardens Mall. The cop said he just took a report on the same car in a different lot before he came to us.

any decent shop will guarantee a repair.

Dealer work is outsourced,but the quality is first rate(has to look like factory)

If Geico send you to one of THEIR shops(they control how the repair is done)

this is not ness. a bad thing, just need to know the shop & the quality of the work they perform. Then you will know who you are dealing with.

Only problem is sometime the shops that are controled by insurance company cut corners from pressure from insurance company, to keep costs down.

If you live in jersey, try Quality Auto Body.

I think they are in either Clark,NJ or I think Kennelworth,NJ.

They are the shop Ray Catena Infinit uses(I have had the dealer do the work, & the work they did for me it is first rate quality)

Never let insurance company steer you to any shop, it is illegal.

They do it to try to control things.

Think of this way, If the body shop fixes it they have get approval for additional work.(they usually are a direct processor for the insurance company,basically they can bill out alot more damage & get paid without you even knowing)if your car is 3 yrs or older they will use salvage parts.

If you go to the dealer, they will use brand new parts only.(that is also why it costs alot more at the delaer)

They will also not cut corners to save A few bucks(they do not want bad press or the liability).So they will do it in the most effective way, so the car's value is ultimatly preserved.

Hope this helps.

:biggthumpup:

Protein Shakes 05-27-2008 01:04 PM

Originally Posted by erock (Post 2343663)
No Kidding.... I'm thinking, if it ain't hot out, I'm going to start leaving my pit in the car w/ the windows cracked open. He used to go w/ me everywhere in my old car and slept in the back seat if I had to run errands. But since the weather has been getting warm, he usually stays home (plus, I didn't want him scratching the seats)

That would be a sight to see. Thieves breaking into a car just have a pit lash out at them, haha.
Just bring a thick blanket and use it to protect the seats if you need to bring your dog

erock 05-27-2008 02:39 PM

Originally Posted by Black 6MT (Post 2343692)
That would be a sight to see. Thieves breaking into a car just have a pit lash out at them, haha.
Just bring a thick blanket and use it to protect the seats if you need to bring your dog

That would be nice, but, he's really just a visual deterrent. If anyone did get in while he was there he'd probably lick'em to death. :(

Protein Shakes 05-27-2008 02:46 PM

Originally Posted by erock (Post 2343785)
That would be nice, but, he's really just a visual deterrent. If anyone did get in while he was there he'd probably lick'em to death. :(

lol!

Infinite G37S 05-27-2008 03:20 PM

Never ever take it to the dealer, ever!

skmiller 05-27-2008 03:24 PM

Wow that really sux. Thats the one thing that sucks about NJ. Theres definetly many ghetto areas that the hooligans dont care if its middle night or middle of the day. Problem with Jersey Gardens is that Elizabeth itself isnt the nicest of areas but you get all the punks from Newark coming over to shop because its mostly outlet stores.
I live up in Hudson County so I have the fear all the time when I park my car somewhere. Now im gonna be even more afraid though knowing this happened to you. Whats gonna suck though is that I have nothing in my car for them to steal so it would be expensive for me to fix for nothing.

madmikeg37 05-27-2008 03:31 PM

Originally Posted by Infinite G37S (Post 2343837)
Never ever take it to the dealer, ever!

Why, You have a bad experience at dealer.

From my experience, they at least take care of customers.

The body doesnt' give a rats*** once you hand over the cash, they get amnesia.

I went back to one they shorted me over $2700.00 (part of the $7000.00 job)

I had to sue them in court, first I had to bring to the dealer was getting a check engine light.

Sure enough these jerks forgot to reconnect the wiring harness under the hood.

$400.00 later they forgot to plug back in.

SO besides them doing crappy work, they ripp you off thingking everyone just wants their car back & don't care about the details.

erock 05-28-2008 04:46 PM

Originally Posted by NicoDeLorenzo (Post 2343603)
Go to Brinton Auto Body in Westfield. He does great work and also works with Geico. My car got hit by a shopping cart last week and I plan on taking it to him next week to get the dents repaired. The owner John is a great guy and does exceptional work.

Thanks Nico, can you pm me the phone number?

erock 05-28-2008 05:19 PM

Originally Posted by madmikeg37 (Post 2343686)
any decent shop will guarantee a repair.

Dealer work is outsourced,but the quality is first rate(has to look like factory)

If Geico send you to one of THEIR shops(they control how the repair is done)

this is not ness. a bad thing, just need to know the shop & the quality of the work they perform. Then you will know who you are dealing with.

Only problem is sometime the shops that are controled by insurance company cut corners from pressure from insurance company, to keep costs down.

If you live in jersey, try Quality Auto Body.

I think they are in either Clark,NJ or I think Kennelworth,NJ.

They are the shop Ray Catena Infinit uses(I have had the dealer do the work, & the work they did for me it is first rate quality)

Never let insurance company steer you to any shop, it is illegal.

They do it to try to control things.

Think of this way, If the body shop fixes it they have get approval for additional work.(they usually are a direct processor for the insurance company,basically they can bill out alot more damage & get paid without you even knowing)if your car is 3 yrs or older they will use salvage parts.

If you go to the dealer, they will use brand new parts only.(that is also why it costs alot more at the delaer)

They will also not cut corners to save A few bucks(they do not want bad press or the liability).So they will do it in the most effective way, so the car's value is ultimatly preserved.

Hope this helps.

:biggthumpup:

thanks for the recommendation. Fortunately this shop is also on Geico's list. Thanks.

aescribens 07-17-2008 11:23 AM

I hate that mall, it's very unsafe, if I ever go there with my ride, I would stay in my car and wait... But then again, I'd probably get carjacked. LOL

J.Oh 07-17-2008 12:13 PM

i hate that mall to many memories no G is going there