MyG37

MyG37 (https://www.myg37.com/forums/)
-   Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction (https://www.myg37.com/forums/engine-drivetrain-and-forced-induction-309/)
-   -   G37X Sedan Twin Turbo (https://www.myg37.com/forums/engine-drivetrain-and-forced-induction/238620-g37x-sedan-twin-turbo.html)

NNNIICC 08-08-2012 02:34 AM

G37X Sedan Twin Turbo

I'm not very knowledgeable about cars as I have just purchased my first car I've actually wanted to do some modding too. ( Previously owned a Chevy Impala)

Is it going to be able to handle a twin turbo system?
I plan to get new exhaust, pipes, cooling systems if needed.

How much does it cost?
I'm looking to spend around $7,000.

timp 08-08-2012 02:50 AM

Welcome to the best forum for the Infiniti automobile. Check out GTM.com. Their website will be able to answer all your questions.

NNNIICC 08-08-2012 02:56 AM

Thanks a lot. Yeah i've spent the last 2 days reading up on here. I find a lot of cool things and ideas :biggthumpup:

Tazicon 08-08-2012 05:39 AM

You will most likely need a good chunk more than 7k. There are a few TT's on the board here, but I can only think of a super charged X.

ANMVQ 08-08-2012 08:23 AM

Yea twins are a lot of $$$ plus the added TQ is not good for the Auto tranny, May want to take a peak at my Stillen SC 500 WHP thread, I have a X coupe, and made 412 WHP before all this.+ Welcome great forum

Legz 08-08-2012 09:44 AM

GTM TT kit is ~$9800, then you'll need tranny/oil cooler, sensors, ecu management system, exhaust, and ~25hrs of labor... You'll need to spend more than double your budget. ~$16k maybe...

ANMVQ, going to join the FI X coupes soon with my GTM TT, going in next week :D:D:D

Legz 08-08-2012 10:10 AM

Here's a GTM tt sedan:
https://www.myg37.com/forums/g37-sed...37x-sedan.html

warpeacelove 08-08-2012 01:33 PM

d

Originally Posted by Legz (Post 3504726)
GTM TT kit is ~$9800, then you'll need tranny/oil cooler, sensors, ecu management system, exhaust, and ~25hrs of labor... You'll need to spend more than double your budget. ~$16k maybe...

ANMVQ, going to join the FI X coupes soon with my GTM TT, going in next week :D:D:D

What sensors if I may ask?

Installation cost should be around 2100

ANMVQ 08-08-2012 01:34 PM

Hey LEGZ really, What kit?? Bout time there is anohter on here besides me.. LOL

Mike at GTM 08-08-2012 01:52 PM

Which EMS and Sensors are you referring to? Our Turn-Key Kit comes with UpRev engine management already. Technically, you don't *need* additional gauges. Not to say it isn't a bad idea, but it's not like the car won't run without them. Besides, if you are having it professionally installed, chances are the shop will make sure everything is on target before delivering the car.

A lot of people already have exhaust done before going TT, and even if they don't have it already, it is not a prerequisite for a TT install.

Also, the AWD version of our Twin Turbo kit takes more like 40 hours to install. Everything is very tight under there and the motor must be pulled for installation. Our kit comes with brand new billet aluminum motor mounts as well as a different oil pan for the oil returns. There are a lot of additional components and design changes to cram in a pair of turbos and have it perform well on the AWD car.

At the end of the day though, you are looking at having GTR output in a very nice luxury sports sedan with AWD traction. I look forward to seeing your build Legz...I'm sure you'll enjoy it!

warpeacelove 08-08-2012 02:07 PM

Originally Posted by Mike at GTM (Post 3504993)
Which EMS and Sensors are you referring to? Our Turn-Key Kit comes with UpRev engine management already. Technically, you don't *need* additional gauges. Not to say it isn't a bad idea, but it's not like the car won't run without them. Besides, if you are having it professionally installed, chances are the shop will make sure everything is on target before delivering the car.

A lot of people already have exhaust done before going TT, and even if they don't have it already, it is not a prerequisite for a TT install.

Also, the AWD version of our Twin Turbo kit takes more like 40 hours to install. Everything is very tight under there and the motor must be pulled for installation. Our kit comes with brand new billet aluminum motor mounts as well as a different oil pan for the oil returns. There are a lot of additional components and design changes to cram in a pair of turbos and have it perform well on the AWD car.

At the end of the day though, you are looking at having GTR output in a very nice luxury sports sedan with AWD traction. I look forward to seeing your build Legz...I'm sure you'll enjoy it!

@Mike at GTM:
So how much hours does it take to install the Twin SuperChargers?

NNNIICC 08-08-2012 03:50 PM

So what do you think I could get for performance boosts that are inside my budget?

Mike at GTM 08-08-2012 07:11 PM

Originally Posted by warpeacelove (Post 3505004)
@Mike at GTM:
So how much hours does it take to install the Twin SuperChargers?

I don't know yet.

SharpByCoop 08-08-2012 08:34 PM

Originally Posted by NNNIICC (Post 3505140)
So what do you think I could get for performance boosts that are inside my budget?

GTM supercharger can run stock exhaust and falls within your budget. Less install time, less money overall. Not TT, but you would not be dissatisfied. 450whp?

I'm thinking this is incredibly well-suited for you.

Coop

NNNIICC 08-08-2012 09:19 PM

Originally Posted by SharpByCoop (Post 3505324)
GTM supercharger can run stock exhaust and falls within your budget. Less install time, less money overall. Not TT, but you would not be dissatisfied. 450whp?

I'm thinking this is incredibly well-suited for you.

Coop

Awesome to hear!
I plan to put in new exhaust as well but that looks to be my next route.
Thanks for all the help!