Car Care & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

Winter Detailing Can Be a PAIN... Here's Your Solution.

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2008, 10:52 PM
Blackjack
Super Moderator

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Winter Detailing Can Be a PAIN... Here's Your Solution.

Just wanted to share a product with you all that I've grown to love for winter detailing or really detailing in general... Optimum No-Rinse (aka... ONR as many detailers will refer to it).

What is ONR?

This is one of the most revolutionary products ever created for detailers!

The Optimum No Rinse is truly a one of a kind product that allows you to safely wash your vehicle without having to use large amounts of water. If you don't have access to a hose or if you need to wash your vehicle during the cold winter months the Optimum No Rinse is an absolute must have product. Simply add 1 ounce of Optimum No Rinse to about 1 - 2 gallons of water and then take a soft mitt, sponge or towel and wash the vehicle. When you are done dry the vehicle just like normal with a paint safe microfiber towel.

The secret to this amazing formula is the substantive polymers that bond to the paint while washing which protect the paint. They create an unbelievably glossy and slick surface that allows you to wash safely without the fear of washing with too much friction. Therefore you can wash safely and easily without having to rinse your vehicle off. Additionally this is an environmentally safe product that has no harmful chemicals and reduces the amount of water used during your washing process. The combination of all these outstanding features makes the Optimum No Rinse the most technologically advanced cleaning product ever created. This product is ideal for mobile detailers, winter washes and enthusiasts who live in apartment complexes without a hose source.

Do you have a Black Obsidian G37? You can successfully use ONR without introducing swirls. I use it on my BO G37.

Would highly recommend you all pick some up... Optimum No-Rinse available in 32oz and 128oz sizes, but do yourself a favor and pick up the 128oz. You'll love it that much and it never hurts to have it on hand.

Optimum No-Rinse -- 32oz -- $15.99

Optimum No-Rinse -- 128oz -- $39.99

Here's a vid on how to use...

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...00996428313622</EMBED></EMBED></EMBED>
Old 12-09-2008, 11:02 PM
oOmikeyboy
Florida G35 Club, Premier Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Would you recommend it for non-winter weather as well?
Old 12-09-2008, 11:06 PM
Blackjack
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by oOmikeyboy
Would you recommend it for non-winter weather as well?
Absolutely!!! Works all year around, but for me it comes in handy more during the winter. As long as the car isn't incredibily dirty, you can use it.

This is also a perfect wash method for those without access to a hose (i.e. apartment, condo, etc).
Old 12-10-2008, 12:06 AM
MaxToTheG37
Super Moderator w/ Boost

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
wow... i might have to snag some of this
Old 12-10-2008, 12:35 AM
NJlakeshoreG
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
looks like a great product BJ...
Old 12-10-2008, 10:41 AM
Blackjack
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by MaxToTheG37
wow... i might have to snag some of this
Originally Posted by NJlakeshoreG
looks like a great product BJ...
It really is. Most people are skeptical about No-Rinse and waterless products (I must say I was too), but Optimum has proved this one as a winner.
Old 12-10-2008, 11:27 AM
CHI-TOWN G37

Ok, I ordered some. I like to stay ahead on the BO and so far so good. Thanks, BJ
Old 12-10-2008, 11:37 AM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
So this can be used in the garage for a bucket wash without rinsing at all? Does it not leave any type of film or residue? How well does it play with sealants/waxes that are already on the car? I've heard of it before but never looked into it and thought it was just a qucik detail spray.

If you say it works 100% on BO, I'll take you at your word becasue you may be more **** about your BO paint than I am.
Old 12-10-2008, 11:39 AM
Gamedog
Sam Rothstein

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Have heard nothing but good things about ONR....
Old 12-10-2008, 11:43 AM
CHI-TOWN G37

In the video on the Ferrari the guy just washes it on with a mitt and then wipes right off and moves onto the next panel. If it's that easy, when do I have time to drink the beer?
Old 12-10-2008, 11:46 AM
finagle69

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
i've been using this for a while with great results.

works great in cold - you can stay in your garage.
works great in extreme heat - you can stay in your garage in the shade with a fan on.
Old 12-10-2008, 11:50 AM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Originally Posted by CHI-TOWN G37
In the video on the Ferrari the guy just washes it on with a mitt and then wipes right off and moves onto the next panel. If it's that easy, when do I have time to drink the beer?
Thanks for making me click the link only to get the
"(Insert company name here)

Access Denied<?XML:NAMESPACE PREFIX = O /><O:P></O:P>

Access to this Internet site or service has been denied to conform with the Internet Usage policies of (company name deleted).

If you require access to this site or service for business purposes, please contact the (company computer geeks) HelpDesk for assistance." screen here at work. The 2 head IT geeks are here today from corporate so I'm guessing the company cyber-cops will be busting in any second to take a brotha down.

Fight the power!
Old 12-10-2008, 12:01 PM
CHI-TOWN G37

LOLOLOLOL . You're screwed now!

The video isn't worth all that trouble. It's 8 minutes of wiping
Old 12-10-2008, 12:46 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Originally Posted by CHI-TOWN G37
LOLOLOLOL . You're screwed now!

The video isn't worth all that trouble. It's 8 minutes of wiping
Sounds like me on burrito night!
Old 12-10-2008, 01:20 PM
Blackjack
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Black Betty
So this can be used in the garage for a bucket wash without rinsing at all? Does it not leave any type of film or residue? How well does it play with sealants/waxes that are already on the car? I've heard of it before but never looked into it and thought it was just a qucik detail spray.

If you say it works 100% on BO, I'll take you at your word becasue you may be more **** about your BO paint than I am.
Yup... I use it in my garagethout rinsing at all. Some of course will drip off the car and onto the floor but I just mop that up. Doesn't leave a film or residue on the floor for me nor on the car (wasn't sure which one you were asking about.)

In terms of playing well with waxes and sealants. No impact from what I've seen. It's very safe and doesn't use any toxic degreasers. After all, it is noted as being environmentally friendly.

It's definitely different than a detail spray as it has more lubrication. I would never use a detail spray on a dirty car. Keep in mind though that it is mixed with water in a bucket so you are using more than a spray on the car. You are using your wash bucket and typical sheepskin or MF wash mit/rag.

Quick Reply: Winter Detailing Can Be a PAIN... Here's Your Solution.