MyG37

MyG37 (https://www.myg37.com/forums/)
-   Build Threads (https://www.myg37.com/forums/build-threads-399/)
-   -   Louith's "I'm getting older" Build Thread (https://www.myg37.com/forums/build-threads/277016-louiths-im-getting-older-build-thread.html)

louith 02-21-2017 09:50 AM

Originally Posted by kennyz424 (Post 4112056)
LOVVVVVEEEEEE the new wheels Louith!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks my dude!! imma miss my blue wheels though for sure. new wheels just work so well with the car tho.

blnewt 02-21-2017 11:32 PM

Yes Lou, they WORK so well, in fact the WORK S13P work better than most wheels out there :)
Great choice, couldn't do much better, what specs did you end up with?

louith 02-22-2017 08:18 AM

Originally Posted by blnewt (Post 4112298)
Yes Lou, they WORK so well, in fact the WORK S13P work better than most wheels out there :)
Great choice, couldn't do much better, what specs did you end up with?

i went with 19x9.5+17 and 19x10.5+29. Tire specs are 255/35 and 295/30. so far no issues. fit like a champ

Rochester 02-22-2017 09:04 AM

Originally Posted by louith (Post 4112059)
Thanks my dude!! imma miss my blue wheels though for sure. new wheels just work so well with the car tho.

Those blue wheels were like wearing a disco shirt to church, whereas these new rims have a dont-fck-with-me sense of purpose. And really spot-on fitment. Well done, and much better, IMO.

There's a lot of appeal to your car... wonderfully clean back end with ridiculously sexy aftermarket tails, low-profile roof wing after the black roof, subtle black trim under the side sills. Very nice stuff, OP. :NOD:

On the other hand, that silly splitter underneath an IPL front bumper, and all that carbon fiber crap in your interior... ew-w. Jumps the shark, buddy.

louith 02-22-2017 09:37 AM

Originally Posted by Rochester (Post 4112337)
Those blue wheels were like wearing a disco shirt to church, whereas these new rims have a dont-fck-with-me sense of purpose. And really spot-on fitment. Well done, and much better, IMO.

There's a lot of appeal to your car... wonderfully clean back end with ridiculously sexy aftermarket tails, low-profile roof wing after the black roof, subtle black trim under the side sills. Very nice stuff, OP. :NOD:

On the other hand, that silly splitter underneath an IPL front bumper, and all that carbon fiber crap in your interior... ew-w. Jumps the shark, buddy.

Thanks! i appreciate it!

The interior is a work in progress. not sure if i want to keep the carbon wrap stuff yet. i have some ideas of what i wanna do to it. just dunno yet.

Vizard_87 02-22-2017 10:31 AM

I liked the blue wheels but you can't go wrong with Work's :D

louith 02-22-2017 10:44 AM

Originally Posted by Vizard_87 (Post 4112351)
I liked the blue wheels but you can't go wrong with Work's :D

lol.. i liked them too. i ALMOST bought a set of Work's in blue but i couldnt do it.. I had my heart set on matte black faces, gloss black barrels, with the gold bolts.

its so weird looking at the car and not noticing the wheels pop like it did

Rochester 02-22-2017 10:50 AM

Originally Posted by louith (Post 4112355)
its so weird looking at the car and not noticing the wheels pop like it did

Oh come on. :rolleyes: For that you've got the pearl necklace of real pierce bolts on a multi-piece rim. In gold, for crying out loud. More than enough pop, IMO.

louith 02-22-2017 10:57 AM

Originally Posted by Rochester (Post 4112357)
Oh come on. :rolleyes: For that you've got the pearl necklace of real pierce bolts on a multi-piece rim. In gold, for crying out loud. More than enough pop, IMO.

i know i know. its just weird as i have seen the car with blue wheels for over 2 years.

I love the new wheels dont get me wrong. i have wanted a set of Meisters for a LONG time. happy i finally got a set. well worth the wait.

blnewt 02-22-2017 11:10 AM

Vizard, didn't mention how much I like that avatar, nice job^^^

Lou, any plans for caliper color? Also we need more pics, you teased us for quite a while and only one pic, c'mon man :)

FWIW I rec'd some vinyl samples for the interior, there's a "dark tamo wood" from metrorestyling.com that has a nice look & texture and a couple from this shop
Wood | EzAuto Wrap
There's a black & dark brown oak texture that looks pretty good, just food for thought.

louith 02-22-2017 11:52 AM

Originally Posted by blnewt (Post 4112360)
Vizard, didn't mention how much I like that avatar, nice job^^^

Lou, any plans for caliper color? Also we need more pics, you teased us for quite a while and only one pic, c'mon man :)

FWIW I rec'd some vinyl samples for the interior, there's a "dark tamo wood" from metrorestyling.com that has a nice look & texture and a couple from this shop
Wood | EzAuto Wrap
There's a black & dark brown oak texture that looks pretty good, just food for thought.

yeah im on the fence between candy blue and maybe a candy orange for caliper colors. the silver calipers gotta go lol. also need to decide if i want the car to be down for a bit waiting powdercoat or buying a used set and rebuilding them and having them powdercoated.

as for the interior, i was thinking about a dark gray wood grain. thinking about having my buddy hyrdo dip them.

Rochester 02-22-2017 11:55 AM

Gold pierce bolts, gold calipers.

louith 02-22-2017 12:02 PM

Originally Posted by Rochester (Post 4112399)
Gold pierce bolts, gold calipers.

my fear is that they would end up looking yellow or just dirty.

Rochester 02-22-2017 12:11 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by louith (Post 4112404)
my fear is that they would end up looking yellow or just dirty.

All different shades of yellow/gold. Lean in towards Amber.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Shades_of_yellow

As for getting dirty... clean them. Should be easy(ish), considering you now have a 5-spoke rim.

Attachment 130672

louith 02-22-2017 12:19 PM

Originally Posted by Rochester (Post 4112405)
All different shades of yellow/gold. Lean in towards Amber.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Shades_of_yellow

As for getting dirty... clean them. Should be easy(ish), considering you now have a 5-spoke rim.

https://i1204.photobucket.com/albums...psd0863198.jpg

i dont mean dirty dirty. i meant they would look dull and dirty.

that amber would look awesome too.