MyG37

MyG37 (https://www.myg37.com/forums/)
-   Brakes, Suspension, Wheels & Tires (https://www.myg37.com/forums/brakes-suspension-wheels-and-tires-305/)
-   -   Got Brake questions, Ask Ken from KNSBrakes.com! (https://www.myg37.com/forums/brakes-suspension-wheels-and-tires/280803-got-brake-questions-ask-ken-from-knsbrakes-com.html)

blnewt 01-27-2017 05:24 PM

Got Brake questions, Ask Ken from KNSBrakes.com!

We've started a new thread here for anyone on the site to ask any brake related questions to Ken from KNSbrakes.com

Ken has been a valuable resource here (and countless other sites) so take advantage of his knowledge & help, plus he's a great vendor that only deals in the good stuff :biggthumpup:

So don't be shy, ask away!

KNS Brakes 01-30-2017 06:21 PM

Thank you for the kind words. I'll start with a few things regarding the G's that we have learned over the past years as well as some product info.

Mostly trouble shooting stuff. I'm going to sequester the first few replies to save space.

KNS Brakes 01-30-2017 06:21 PM

Mostly trouble shooting stuff. I'm going to sequester the first few replies to save space.

KNS Brakes 01-30-2017 06:22 PM

Brake Squeal

Brake Judder

Rotors - Why are some drilled?

KNS Brakes 01-30-2017 06:23 PM

What pads are best for me?

Razr Shrp 01-30-2017 06:24 PM

Brake Pads

Was getting oil changed at dealership today. Service adviser said I need rear pads and they would be $325. I said no thanks, I can do the pads myself. He then said with Infiniti cars you MUST turn the rotors too, you cant just change the pads. Is this a true statement?

Yes, I know, I can/will change brake pads but I absolutely refuse to change oil.

KNS Brakes 01-30-2017 06:30 PM

Originally Posted by Razr Shrp (Post 4106733)
Was getting oil changed at dealership today. Service adviser said I need rear pads and they would be $325. I said no thanks, I can do the pads myself. He then said with Infiniti cars you MUST turn the rotors too, you cant just change the pads. Is this a true statement?

Yes, I know, I can/will change brake pads but I absolutely refuse to change oil.

That is a bit steep for pads.

It takes about an hour per axle if you take your time and clean everything.

The condition of the rotors and the pad surface area are what matters. If you already have judder or other surface irregularities and issues - yes you should turn or replace.

I would expect to be able to install another set of the same or similar type pad and not create issues. Depending on what I see I may scuff up the rotors some but I almost never have any problems w/ new pads.

KNS Brakes 01-30-2017 06:37 PM

I ain't changing no oil either

motorbykemike 02-05-2017 06:19 PM

I've been dealing with kns for years with Subaru stuff

great guy , great customer service , great advice , great parts !

prichable 02-19-2017 11:50 PM

My front right rotor is starting to squeal every time it rotates, so I'm assuming it's time for new rotors and pads. My car has 122k miles on it and I'm pretty sure they've never been replaced or resurfaced or whatever. Anyways I'm looking at the KNS website and there is a pretty good deal for the stoptech slotted sport kit and i'm just wondering how good it is compared to stillen's 1-piece slotted rotors. And if the stoptech slotted sport kit is a 1 piece or 2 piece rotor. My G37s is my daily driver and I'm not planning on taking it to the track.

Goonz 03-01-2017 06:45 AM

Originally Posted by prichable (Post 4111711)
My front right rotor is starting to squeal every time it rotates, so I'm assuming it's time for new rotors and pads. My car has 122k miles on it and I'm pretty sure they've never been replaced or resurfaced or whatever. Anyways I'm looking at the KNS website and there is a pretty good deal for the stoptech slotted sport kit and i'm just wondering how good it is compared to stillen's 1-piece slotted rotors. And if the stoptech slotted sport kit is a 1 piece or 2 piece rotor. My G37s is my daily driver and I'm not planning on taking it to the track.

I've always used stoptech rotors with Hawk HPS pads on my car and its a great improvement over stock. Perhaps some stainless steel lines could also provide an added benefit.

prichable 03-13-2017 09:47 PM

awesome. Thanks for the input!

G10 03-16-2017 09:39 PM

Ken -
Can you help me out with my issue that I posted here