MyG37

MyG37 (https://www.myg37.com/forums/)
-   Brakes & Suspension (https://www.myg37.com/forums/brakes-and-suspension-306/)
-   -   suspension question (https://www.myg37.com/forums/brakes-and-suspension/262675-suspension-question.html)

RexHavoc 11-01-2014 07:06 AM

I'm patiently waiting for my Fortunes. I figure they'll be here next week while im in Atlanta.

I would take a look at the Stance as well. They seem to get good reviews for RWD though their set for the X's is new as well. IIRC it came out less than two weeks ago.

blnewt 11-01-2014 08:15 AM

Originally Posted by RexHavoc (Post 3840244)
I'm patiently waiting for my Fortunes. I figure they'll be here next week while im in Atlanta.

I would take a look at the Stance as well. They seem to get good reviews for RWD though their set for the X's is new as well. IIRC it came out less than two weeks ago.

Chris,
How long have you been waiting?
Also, sure is frustrating trying to find Stance info, they still don't have any Infiniti listings on their website, just Nissan Zs :dunno:
How did you find out about the AWD coilovers?

Motoboat 11-01-2014 08:54 AM

Originally Posted by blnewt (Post 3840249)
Chris,

Sorry to jump in here Brad, the wait seems to be just about on three weeks for the fortune coils. I ordered mine on the 8th and Fedex tried to deliver yesterday.

RexHavoc 11-01-2014 02:29 PM

Originally Posted by blnewt (Post 3840249)
Chris,
Also, sure is frustrating trying to find Stance info, they still don't have any Infiniti listings on their website, just Nissan Zs :dunno:
How did you find out about the AWD coilovers?

I ordered them on the 6th, they could be sitting in my office now but I thought they were going to let me know when the shipped. Not a huge rush, I still need to buy my end links.
A buddy of mine is a Stance dealer, he let me know like three days after I bought the Fortunes.
I haven't looked around on their site but if you reach out for Adam and the guys at race consulting agency they may be able to help you out. They've been great with me and the pricing has been the best I've found or they'll price match if you find cheaper.

blnewt 11-01-2014 04:43 PM

Originally Posted by RexHavoc (Post 3840309)
I ordered them on the 6th, they could be sitting in my office now but I thought they were going to let me know when the shipped. Not a huge rush, I still need to buy my end links.
A buddy of mine is a Stance dealer, he let me know like three days after I bought the Fortunes.
I haven't looked around on their site but if you reach out for Adam and the guys at race consulting agency they may be able to help you out. They've been great with me and the pricing has been the best I've found or they'll price match if you find cheaper.

That's good to know, I'm not in the market for any but like to have reliable info for the AWD guys.

Looking forward to more Fortune 500 reviews too :biggthumpup:

RexHavoc 11-01-2014 08:22 PM

I'm there with you. I'll try and get some info from my guy when I get the Fortunes installed.

And a review will be forthcoming once they're on

Rochester 12-28-2014 08:37 AM

Hey guys. The OP has been PM'ing me because it seems he also lives in Rochester. He's asking me about Swift springs... And aren't AWD Swifts just about perfect for a small drop with OEM ride quality? Go look at any one of Draigon's threads. The fender gap on the AWD swift springs is spot on. RWD, not so much.

Anyway, I can personally vouch for the ride comfort on RWD Swifts with the OEM Sport Struts, and can only assume the same for the AWD variants... Although the struts differ.

RexHavoc 12-28-2014 12:03 PM

It's hard to say, there are definitely variables. The ride with Swifts wasn't bad but if he's hitting hard now there could be a couple different reasons. Were the bump stops reinstalled? Were the fronts properly disassembled?

The AWD drop on Swifts is, in my opinion, perfect. The ride isnt bad.

G37Xtreme 12-28-2014 04:59 PM

Originally Posted by RexHavoc (Post 3858492)
It's hard to say, there are definitely variables. The ride with Swifts wasn't bad but if he's hitting hard now there could be a couple different reasons. Were the bump stops reinstalled? Were the fronts properly disassembled?

The AWD drop on Swifts is, in my opinion, perfect. The ride isnt bad.

You guys are wearing me down. I wasn't going to get springs, but I'm now reconsidering.
On the awd with swifts, do I need any additional hardware to maintain alignment?

Rochester 12-28-2014 05:30 PM

Originally Posted by G37Xtreme (Post 3858566)
You guys are wearing me down. I wasn't going to get springs, but I'm now reconsidering.
On the awd with swifts, do I need any additional hardware to maintain alignment?

No. You might be shaving a few years off the lifetime of your end-links, but whoopdidoo about that. And you might be a little outside spec for camber, but not in any way that matters.

RexHavoc 12-28-2014 06:23 PM

I agree. I added rear end links and camber kits all around seems to me Kirk is just as close to spec with his as I am and I don't think he added camber kits. That said, if I had a RWD I would have swapped out my front end links too just because I could.

'11G37S 12-28-2014 06:30 PM

Originally Posted by RexHavoc (Post 3858578)
I agree. I added rear end links and camber kits all around seems to me Kirk is just as close to spec with his as I am and I don't think he added camber kits. That said, if I had a RWD I would have swapped out my front end links too just because I could.

OEM endlinks are dirt cheap anyway, I think between $15 to $25 for a set of 2. I opted to just go ahead and replace them with whiteline rears and SPL fronts, for no other reason than racecar.

I didn't add any camber kits to mine. They were dialed in between -1° front and -2° rear, or vise versa. I'm okay with it because once I put my 20s on for summer and adjust the height a little it should bring it closer to 0°.

RexHavoc 12-28-2014 06:43 PM

Originally Posted by '11G37S (Post 3858585)
OEM endlinks are dirt cheap anyway, I think between $15 to $25 for a set of 2. I opted to just go ahead and replace them with whiteline rears and SPL fronts, for no other reason than racecar.

I didn't add any camber kits to mine. They were dialed in between -1° front and -2° rear, or vise versa. I'm okay with it because once I put my 20s on for summer and adjust the height a little it should bring it closer to 0°.

I'm interested to see where you get. And whether I'll be adjusted by then as well. I think I'm -2/-3 respectively but again, I'm too low