MyG37

MyG37 (https://www.myg37.com/forums/)
-   Audio, Video & Electronics (https://www.myg37.com/forums/audio-video-and-electronics-310/)
-   -   Phoenix (Tesla style radio) (https://www.myg37.com/forums/audio-video-and-electronics/290355-phoenix-tesla-style-radio.html)

G10 10-11-2018 02:39 PM

Phoenix (Tesla style radio)

Hi Everyone -
I was looking to upgrade my radio and came across this phoenix big screen tesla style radio.

They do have the head unit for the Q50/60 etc but nothing for G,

Here is the link to get more information https://phoenixandroidradios.com/col.../Make_Infiniti

Let see how many people would be interested in it. I've already reached out to the company for the G37 head unit and now I am waiting back on their reply.

I am going to put a poll to see the interest level so maybe we can get a group buy going later on

Please feel free to rely on and comment

Thanks

saywat? 10-11-2018 08:29 PM

this product was offered from china sellers. looks like phoenix is located in cali so thats nice.

Landshark 10-12-2018 08:04 AM

there is already a group buy going on with a Facebook group, and more to come.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/2080122282231211/

saywat? 10-12-2018 02:13 PM

not even one person has it installed in the US in real life in that fb page. kinda weird. not saying its a scam but the products been available already and not one person bought it. the photoshop pics were funny tho

G10 10-12-2018 02:45 PM

Originally Posted by Landshark (Post 4217499)
there is already a group buy going on with a Facebook group, and more to come.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/2080122282231211/

thats good to know, I had no idea. Lets see how they do

jfridge92 10-12-2018 08:52 PM

I don't have the cash flow for this right now, but I breezed through that facebook group and the fact that Thomas P. is on there makes me feel that it's not quite as sketchy. He has made some great products for G owners (the Airlift cupholder inserts that look absolutely amazing). He has the sick pumpkin G coupe if you ever see it on the G37 facebook groups (the one with pumpkin projectors, sick orange vinyl wrap and carbon fiber goodies). I met him at a cars and coffee and he is a legit guy. If he's a part of a group buy, I would be willing to trust it. That being said, always be thorough and don't get scammed. If you don't feel it's legit, don't spend your money. I am really interested to see where this goes though, as this could really update the interior significantly.

Landshark 10-13-2018 09:43 AM

Originally Posted by saywat? (Post 4217556)
not even one person has it installed in the US in real life in that fb page. kinda weird. not saying its a scam but the products been available already and not one person bought it. the photoshop pics were funny tho

yeah, i'm no guinea pig ... i'l wait and see how the reviews are. :D

at this point, i'm probably only gonna have the G for another 2-3 years, so not sure i want to drop the coin on that thing.

G10 10-30-2018 11:18 PM

It seems to me that the company from that facebook link works with many other companies
here is the same HU under a different name
https://www.phoenixautomotiveinc.com...r-infiniti-g37

While I am very interested in getting this HU I just can't justify the price tag. somethings to note that you will lose xm radio unless you buy the extra module.

Landshark 10-31-2018 08:14 AM

Originally Posted by G10 (Post 4219555)

While I am very interested in getting this HU I just can't justify the price tag. somethings to note that you will lose xm radio unless you buy the extra module.

XM is garbage, unless you listen to a lot of talk radio i guess. the sound quality on music is horrible - last time i had a free preview, i LOL'd at how bad it sounded.

my next car might be a Q60 RS ... with no Android Auto/Carplay in it (not until 2020?), i may consider a Tesla-style HU for that if i get one.

Baadnewsburr 10-31-2018 09:12 AM

you can always order one from alibaba, but the minimum order is 2 units...buy two and sell one maybe? https://www.alibaba.com/product-deta...753863075.html

The Pope 11-07-2018 06:18 AM

Interested.....but..... want to wait to see how things pan out and not sure that I'd drop that much coin for it either.

saywat? 11-07-2018 01:36 PM

its funny how people ask for it and no one wants to buy it now lol

G10 11-14-2018 12:55 AM

I usually don't buy first generation products, I wait for the kinks to be worked out but the phoenix radio is popular in the toyota forums and i've seens their seconds generation spec is actually our first generation so that tells me that phoenix actually learned from other brand/make/model and didnt cheap out on creating this HU, but I am always skeptical so I'll wait for the thunder to die out before making the move.

F13SC 11-14-2018 01:38 AM

so far no one got it to work yet, not plug n play

smitty37g 11-14-2018 07:30 AM

So I been watching these radios, Seems like a few of the 1st gen have had glitches.. No one has done a long use review of the 2nd gens. I have only seen one video in a Nissan, and the radio worked fine, after the the owner called tech.
The thing that bothers me, is the customer service in the company seems to suck. That is not a good thing when your spending $800 now down to $600 on a headunit.
I still would like to get one and probably will after the holidays. If I do I will do a full install, then like a 6 months review on it.

04G35NYC 11-18-2018 01:45 AM

So as i understand, the plug and play works great on none Navi cars at the moment

jpowersjr2 12-11-2018 08:12 PM

I have been in contact with their support over the past week. Here is what I have learned:

-The screen is plug and play compatible with my coupe with NAV/tech package.
-Bluetooth will work
-Steering wheel controls will work
-Backup camera will work
-Climate Control is through the screen now
-30 day return policy with 1 year warranty
-If there are issues after the 1 year warranty you can pay a labor fee to have them diagnose/repair

I'll be picking this up sometime in the Spring. Hopefully more guys will have tried it out by then. If not I'll post up and let everyone know how the install went and my impressions of the screen. If it's not plug and play and ends up being a hassle, I'll simply return it.

Cheers!

saywat? 12-11-2018 08:19 PM

yup just do it already!! lol. it is cool though. does this allow you to download video files to the reciever to be played? that would be cool

jpowersjr2 12-11-2018 08:28 PM

I'm trying to exhibit some self control and wait until after the holidays haha. I've already spent more than I should have this Christmas lol.

I am not sure if it does or not. That would be pretty cool though. As far as internal storage, I am not sure. If it has USB inputs maybe storage could be added using that.

John Clay 12-28-2018 04:11 AM

https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.myg...92c36d5d5.jpeg
https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.myg...cfc2f9972.jpeg
I have one in my Cadillac all I need is an instruction manual so I can have it 100% up and running.

MNfiniti 01-02-2019 07:32 PM

Installed in Minnesota and love it! 95% plug and play atm, had to re-pin the backup camera harness and add a 12v-6v step-down converter for it.

https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.myg...d6ee881a8a.jpg

jpowersjr2 01-02-2019 07:54 PM

I might have to hit you up on how you did that for the backup camera whenever I buy mine.

Shane D 01-03-2019 10:37 PM

Very impressive

That looks REALLY good. I will definitely keep an eye on this thread.

Shane D

jpowersjr2 01-03-2019 11:37 PM

When I purchase mine, I'm thinking of a couple things visually I might change. Such as carbon fiber wrap on that black trim and painting those silver knobs gunmetal.

On a random side note. Has anyone attempted to paint their interior door handles? Not the pulls but the handle/lock you use to open. I'm assuming I would definitely need to sand them down past that finish or perhaps it a weird foil wrap like our cheap key buttons. Then primer, paint, clear. I'm in a slow process of turning any silver/polished trim to gunmetal or carbon fiber.

Redgoyabean 01-04-2019 05:33 AM

Originally Posted by MNfiniti (Post 4226347)
Installed in Minnesota and love it! 95% plug and play atm, had to re-pin the backup camera harness and add a 12v-6v step-down converter for it.

https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.myg...d6ee881a8a.jpg

would you help out with the backup camera, going to buy 1 of these n want everything to work properly. Thanks in advance.

jpowersjr2 01-04-2019 05:41 AM

2nd that!

kon17 01-05-2019 12:50 AM

Originally Posted by jpowersjr2 (Post 4226513)
2nd that!

Originally Posted by Redgoyabean (Post 4226512)
would you help out with the backup camera, going to buy 1 of these n want everything to work properly. Thanks in advance.

Someone on the group chat explained how they connected the camera with pictures provided. Here's a screenshot of his explanation plus pictures. Hopes that helps.

Also as the post says thats for models before 09. For 2010+ they said you will need a 12v to 6v step down converter

https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.myg...86c1025427.png
https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.myg...0d4c5e1472.jpg
https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.myg...51b73d2c6c.jpg
https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.myg...fcd25820ce.jpg
​​​​​​​

jpowersjr2 01-05-2019 02:08 AM

Aw yisss, I have an 08. Thanks for that kon17!

Redgoyabean 01-05-2019 09:30 AM

Originally Posted by kon17 (Post 4226658)
Someone on the group chat explained how they connected the camera with pictures provided. Here's a screenshot of his explanation plus pictures. Hopes that helps.

Also as the post says thats for models before 09. For 2010+ they said you will need a 12v to 6v step down converter

https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.myg...86c1025427.png
https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.myg...0d4c5e1472.jpg
https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.myg...51b73d2c6c.jpg
https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.myg...fcd25820ce.jpg

​​​​​​​thanks but I have a 2013 so I would still need to figure out which wire it is, plus I thought we were discussing how to get the backup camera to work when in reverse, I really have no need to view mybackup camera while driving. So if the plug n play works with the backup camera then I'm good to go.

jpowersjr2 01-05-2019 03:24 PM

Yeah I did too (I misread it)....

MNfiniti 01-06-2019 09:16 PM

Originally Posted by Redgoyabean (Post 4226512)

The backup camera is only an issue with 10-13 non-nav with Bose vehicles. You have to move 2 wires in the harness and wire in a 12v-6v step down converter. If you need the info, I can copy / paste the facebook post on the fix.

Redgoyabean 01-06-2019 09:46 PM

Originally Posted by MNfiniti (Post 4226835)
The backup camera is only an issue with 10-13 non-nav with Bose vehicles. You have to move 2 wires in the harness and wire in a 12v-6v step down converter. If you need the info, I can copy / paste the facebook post on the fix.

I have a 2013 with bose n navi so if i still need to make some modifications that's cool, if you can copy n paste the instructions that would be AMAZING. Thanks in advance. You the man.

celwin 01-07-2019 03:29 PM

I wonder how this would work with my existing LOC. Looks like it's depth is not as great as the stock unit; Which would be a good thing for me. If I did not have an after market sound setup, I would probably try this; But no way i want to redo all that.

Poly_Pusher 01-07-2019 09:27 PM

Anyone aware of information regarding powering the unit outside the car? I still have a while to wait for my correct harnesses. Sure would be nice to power it up in the living room and get everything installed/customized.

Landshark 01-08-2019 08:58 AM

Originally Posted by Poly_Pusher (Post 4226994)
Anyone aware of information regarding powering the unit outside the car? I still have a while to wait for my correct harnesses. Sure would be nice to power it up in the living room and get everything installed/customized.

ARogers502 01-09-2019 03:58 AM

A little confused about the difference between the Phoenix and the Asvegen screen. Are they same or just similar?

Landshark 01-10-2019 10:11 AM

Originally Posted by ARogers502 (Post 4227149)
A little confused about the difference between the Phoenix and the Asvegen screen. Are they same or just similar?

i believe Asvegen manufactures and sells them, Phoenix just sells them.

they are the same unit.

I’m.A.G 03-16-2019 08:29 AM

Originally Posted by jpowersjr2 (Post 4226492)
When I purchase mine, I'm thinking of a couple things visually I might change. Such as carbon fiber wrap on that black trim and painting those silver knobs gunmetal.

On a random side note. Has anyone attempted to paint their interior door handles? Not the pulls but the handle/lock you use to open. I'm assuming I would definitely need to sand them down past that finish or perhaps it a weird foil wrap like our cheap key buttons. Then primer, paint, clear. I'm in a slow process of turning any silver/polished trim to gunmetal or carbon fiber.

I’d like to see the trim final product....

RANDY350Z 03-19-2019 01:03 AM

Two questions:

Can the screen be split for navigation and video?

Can the usb port in the arm rest be used ?

thanks

ARogers502 03-19-2019 01:08 AM

Originally Posted by RANDY350Z (Post 4235626)
Two questions:

Can the screen be split for navigation and video?

Can the usb port in the arm rest be used ?

thanks

It appears that right out of the box the navigation and video are split unless you change the interface yourself.

The USB in the armrest is still used but it also adds another USB port that you can locate wherever you wish. It appears that some people have had success with adding 1 terabyte drives to this extra port.

RANDY350Z 03-19-2019 06:20 PM

Originally Posted by ARogers502 (Post 4235627)
It appears that right out of the box the navigation and video are split unless you change the interface yourself.

The USB in the armrest is still used but it also adds another USB port that you can locate wherever you wish. It appears that some people have had success with adding 1 terabyte drives to this extra port.

that sounds great!!! Thanks for responding!! Sounds like I will be ordering this!!

ARogers502 03-19-2019 06:43 PM

Originally Posted by RANDY350Z (Post 4235765)

that sounds great!!! Thanks for responding!! Sounds like I will be ordering this!!

No problem. If there's one suggestion I would make, it's this. When you're doing the installation, don't unplug the unified meter/ac amp box at all. That way you can't mix up the plugs on it and **** your car up like mine is right now. Removal should be as follows: I'll be making a thorough write up with pictures soon as well.

Chock your wheels
Turn start button on but without foot on the brake so the car doesn't start
Put car in drive with engine off
Disconnect negative battery cable
Pull shifter boot down and expose the metal shift knob clip.
Remove shift knob clip and lift knob off (secure the clip somewhere safe)
Pry up at edge of center console bezel that surrounds the shifter and remove the bezel (unplug any plugs under it)
Remove plastic trim below HVAC controls (pry from the right lower edge)
Remove two screws at bottom of HVAC control panel and pull the panel out (unplug everything from it)
Remove two screws holding the radio display bezel/dash vents in place and pull the panel out
Remove two screws holding the radio display in place and pull display out (unplug everything from it)
Remove two screws holding the disk changer/player in place and pull outward from the dash (the screws are at the bottom and deep in there)
***At this point, remove the two star bit screws holding the Unified Meter/ AC amp box to the disk changer and push it back into the dash***
Unplug anything connected to the disk changer and remove it completely.
You are ready for installation of Phoenix radio now.

mummy2 03-20-2019 11:59 AM

Once the knob is off you can just put the clip back on. It'll just lock the knob in place once you put it back on.

ARogers502 03-20-2019 12:44 PM

Originally Posted by mummy2 (Post 4235833)
Once the knob is off you can just put the clip back on. It'll just lock the knob in place once you put it back on.

Good point. I'll be sure to include this when I do my official write up.

Lunchtime 03-24-2019 01:23 PM

What problem did it caused when you mixed up the wires? were you able to get everything back to normal? Thanks

Lunchtime 03-24-2019 01:25 PM

Originally Posted by ARogers502 (Post 4235771)
No problem. If there's one suggestion I would make, it's this. When you're doing the installation, don't unplug the unified meter/ac amp box at all. That way you can't mix up the plugs on it and **** your car up like mine is right now. Removal should be as follows: I'll be making a thorough write up with pictures soon as well.

Chock your wheels
Turn start button on but without foot on the brake so the car doesn't start
Put car in drive with engine off
Disconnect negative battery cable
Pull shifter boot down and expose the metal shift knob clip.
Remove shift knob clip and lift knob off (secure the clip somewhere safe)
Pry up at edge of center console bezel that surrounds the shifter and remove the bezel (unplug any plugs under it)
Remove plastic trim below HVAC controls (pry from the right lower edge)
Remove two screws at bottom of HVAC control panel and pull the panel out (unplug everything from it)
Remove two screws holding the radio display bezel/dash vents in place and pull the panel out
Remove two screws holding the radio display in place and pull display out (unplug everything from it)
Remove two screws holding the disk changer/player in place and pull outward from the dash (the screws are at the bottom and deep in there)
***At this point, remove the two star bit screws holding the Unified Meter/ AC amp box to the disk changer and push it back into the dash***
Unplug anything connected to the disk changer and remove it completely.
You are ready for installation of Phoenix radio now.

What problem did it caused when you mixed up the wires? were you able to get everything back to normal? Thanks

ARogers502 03-24-2019 01:27 PM

Originally Posted by Lunchtime (Post 4236280)

I possibly fried my BCM but I won't know until I get the car into the Infiniti dealership this coming week. I currently have 48 codes stored in my computer, no windshield wipers, no turn signals, no backup camera...lots of systems down

Lunchtime 03-24-2019 02:00 PM

Originally Posted by ARogers502 (Post 4236282)
I possibly fried my BCM but I won't know until I get the car into the Infiniti dealership this coming week. I currently have 48 codes stored in my computer, no windshield wipers, no turn signals, no backup camera...lots of systems down

oh man, sorry to hear. I was asking cause my buddy F***ed his install. Mixed some wires around. Not all the wires have different connections (not 100% dummy proof). He had his car towed to the dealership, and they found out his cluster got fried. Thanks for your post. Helping others here.

I’m.A.G 03-25-2019 08:45 PM

Originally Posted by smitty37g (Post 4221117)
So I been watching these radios, Seems like a few of the 1st gen have had glitches.. No one has done a long use review of the 2nd gens. I have only seen one video in a Nissan, and the radio worked fine, after the the owner called tech.
The thing that bothers me, is the customer service in the company seems to suck. That is not a good thing when your spending $800 now down to $600 on a headunit.
I still would like to get one and probably will after the holidays. If I do I will do a full install, then like a 6 months review on it.

i just had mine installed. It’s absolutely horrible. Worst decision I’ve ever made. Complete waste of money. Completely regret it.

Redgoyabean 03-25-2019 08:54 PM

Originally Posted by I’m.A.G (Post 4236413)
i just had mine installed. It’s absolutely horrible. Worst decision I’ve ever made. Complete waste of money. Completely regret it.

Can you plz provide some type of detail for your comments, I myself don't own 1 yet but plan too soon, which is why I ask. Thanks in advance.

Gio37 03-26-2019 12:01 AM

At first it looked pretty cool to have this screen installed. I was actually interested but man, last thing you want is an electrical problem.

So it is a "no" for me.

g/l

I’m.A.G 03-26-2019 05:06 AM

Cant use the Bluetooth and WiFi at the same time. The BT will just slow down and lg and skip and become scratchy. Even if I’m using BT and go in reverse it effects the music.
The clock will not stay accurate. Every time I get in the car it’s on the opposite “Am” or “pm”
the entire operating system itself is difficult and glitchy.
So far I’m completely disappointed and mad I spent so much money.

Originally Posted by Redgoyabean (Post 4236414)
Can you plz provide some type of detail for your comments, I myself don't own 1 yet but plan too soon, which is why I ask. Thanks in advance.

Redgoyabean 03-26-2019 05:36 AM

Originally Posted by I’m.A.G (Post 4236445)
Cant use the Bluetooth and WiFi at the same time. The BT will just slow down and lg and skip and become scratchy. Even if I’m using BT and go in reverse it effects the music.
The clock will not stay accurate. Every time I get in the car it’s on the opposite “Am” or “pm”
the entire operating system itself is difficult and glitchy.
So far I’m completely disappointed and mad I spent so much money.

Damn looking like it might be a no no for me as well, can any with the screen chime in about these issues, is anyone else experiencing the same. Also did u contact them to see if maybe you have a defective unit?

I’m.A.G 03-26-2019 06:38 PM

I’m def selling this thing. I can’t deal.

Redgoyabean 03-26-2019 06:49 PM

Originally Posted by I’m.A.G (Post 4236511)
I’m def selling this thing. I can’t deal.

Did you call customer support, I've been following a couple of members with the screen installed n haven't mentioned most of the problems your having, maybe (n I only say this because of my own hope for the device) you got a F'ed up unit n could simply get a replacement under warranty.

I’m.A.G 03-26-2019 07:37 PM

I contacted them in every single way. I missed their one and only call back today.
Im so frustrated.

Redgoyabean 03-26-2019 09:03 PM

Originally Posted by I’m.A.G (Post 4236515)
I contacted them in every single way. I missed their one and only call back today.
Im so frustrated.

Bro I've read many good things about this set n some bad but I think u should try to stick it out n get them on the phone.

I’m.A.G 03-26-2019 09:47 PM

i had a missed call today. I’m gonna try to speak with the company. Maybe I’m just not figuring it out. I brought it to my friend today who’s very computer savvy and tried to download CarPlay and use the apple Dongle. Couldn’t even hardwire my phone and stream music.
The Bluetooth music stream skips and cracks.
I can use just my WiFi and stream Spotify, but when I turn on Waze only one app can run proper.
I may have figured out the clock situation tho. Illnonow when I leave for work I guess.
But so far,
not bright enough during the day. Very hard to see clear. Way too bright at night.
Clock and date are fast.
Bluetooth music is mediocre at best. Def not perfect.
music slows down when reverse cam comes on. Skips and lags.
Bluetooth and WiFi, completely incompatible.
Apple Dongle “Box version doesn’t match”
Spotify keeps shutting down.
Bluetooth calling, people can’t hear me and I’ve followed there “troubleshoot” on their website.

Very upset. Went backwards in cabin technology, and spent almost a Grand after install.

Originally Posted by Redgoyabean (Post 4236524)
Bro I've read many good things about this set n some bad but I think u should try to stick it out n get them on the phone.

Redgoyabean 03-27-2019 06:32 AM

Originally Posted by I’m.A.G (Post 4236529)
i had a missed call today. I’m gonna try to speak with the company. Maybe I’m just not figuring it out. I brought it to my friend today who’s very computer savvy and tried to download CarPlay and use the apple Dongle. Couldn’t even hardwire my phone and stream music.
The Bluetooth music stream skips and cracks.
I can use just my WiFi and stream Spotify, but when I turn on Waze only one app can run proper.
I may have figured out the clock situation tho. Illnonow when I leave for work I guess.
But so far,
not bright enough during the day. Very hard to see clear. Way too bright at night.
Clock and date are fast.
Bluetooth music is mediocre at best. Def not perfect.
music slows down when reverse cam comes on. Skips and lags.
Bluetooth and WiFi, completely incompatible.
Apple Dongle “Box version doesn’t match”
Spotify keeps shutting down.
Bluetooth calling, people can’t hear me and I’ve followed there “troubleshoot” on their website.

Very upset. Went backwards in cabin technology, and spent almost a Grand after install.

Damn bro if I spent almost a grand on something n it wasn't working properly I'll be super pissed as well. I really hope all this works out for you n its possibly an isolated situation so plz keeps us posted on the progress. Good luck brother

ARogers502 03-28-2019 09:01 PM

Originally Posted by Lunchtime (Post 4236287)
oh man, sorry to hear. I was asking cause my buddy F***ed his install. Mixed some wires around. Not all the wires have different connections (not 100% dummy proof). He had his car towed to the dealership, and they found out his cluster got fried. Thanks for your post. Helping others here.

Update. Didn't fry my BCM. Turns out the other Unified Meter plug was swapped also. Cost me $164 at the dealer but they also washed, waxed, vacuumed and tire shined me up. Wasn't expecting all that. Nice surprise.

ARogers502 03-28-2019 09:04 PM

Originally Posted by Gio37 (Post 4236435)
At first it looked pretty cool to have this screen installed. I was actually interested but man, last thing you want is an electrical problem.

So it is a "no" for me.

g/l

As an update and to be fair to Phoenix Android Radios the electrical problem was created by me. I plugged stuff up wrong it turns out. If they would include in their instructions to not unplug the unified meter box there would have been no issue at all.

My biggest peeve of all, is they barely ever responded to any of my emails and never picked up the phone once. I had to solve this through a dealership. Everything about the unit is great so far except backup camera. It's making static noise through my speakers when on and sometimes the picture is just fuzz until the image slowly comes into view. Weird.

ARogers502 03-28-2019 09:07 PM

Originally Posted by I’m.A.G (Post 4236515)
Im so frustrated.

Bro this right here. Man I've called them 10 times. Never gotten an answer. Emailed them countless times and all they've responded with is "here's a youtube install video link"

The thing is, one of my questions was how to get them to send me the correct harness for my friends G37 since they sent the wrong one with his unit.

ARogers502 03-28-2019 09:15 PM

So here's the only issues I've encountered now that I have my unit installed.

1. My backup camera causes static through my speakers no matter how I adjust the wiring or what volume the unit is on.
2. My backup camera looks like snow for the first few seconds of being on and eventually fades into view but it's not very bright at all (so dark it's almost unusable)
3. When people take calls from me, I have to lean up to the unit and talk louder than usual to be heard and my friends say my voice breaks up a lot even when I do.
4. With the torque app installed for on screen ECM diagnostics and live data, I have to touch like 10 mm above wherever the screen shows the buttons are located. Weird.

I'll update as I use it more. I just returned home with a 128gb flash drive that I'm going to load files onto and test it.

Redgoyabean 03-28-2019 09:32 PM

Originally Posted by ARogers502 (Post 4236735)

1. My backup camera causes static through my speakers no matter how I adjust the wiring or what volume the unit is on.
2. My backup camera looks like snow for the first few seconds of being on and eventually fades into view but it's not very bright at all (so dark it's almost unusable)
3. When people take calls from me, I have to lean up to the unit and talk louder than usual to be heard and my friends say my voice breaks up a lot even when I do.
4. With the torque app installed for on screen ECM diagnostics and live data, I have to touch like 10 mm above wherever the screen shows the buttons are located. Weird.

I'll update as I use it more. I just returned home with a 128gb flash drive that I'm going to load files onto and test it.

I'm glad to hear you were able to resolve the problem unfortunately it wasn't through Phoenix which really sucks. I really hope you figure out the back up camera issue n as always plz keep us posted.

mikluhin97 03-28-2019 10:20 PM

https://www.myg37.com/forums/build-t...e-phoenix.html

just bought one and started a thread for those who want detailed installation video and q and a etc. gonna share everything from delivery time to installation.

ILM-NC G37S 03-28-2019 10:34 PM

Originally Posted by ARogers502 (Post 4236732)
Update. Didn't fry my BCM. Turns out the other Unified Meter plug was swapped also. Cost me $164 at the dealer....

You have a good dealer. Mine sees anything aftermarket and they get annoyed. Glad you got it sorted- that unified meter/ac amp can be a b¡tch. Have fun with your new toy!

ARogers502 03-30-2019 07:55 AM

Originally Posted by ILM-NC G37S (Post 4236755)
You have a good dealer. Mine sees anything aftermarket and they get annoyed. Glad you got it sorted- that unified meter/ac amp can be a b¡tch. Have fun with your new toy!

I was all factory when they fixed it. Then I got it home and attempted the install this time without unplugging the unified meter at all. That made me successful this time. I didn't I want them to see the aftermarket radio and freak out.

ARogers502 03-30-2019 08:04 AM

Originally Posted by ARogers502 (Post 4236735)

Update: they finally responded to my email and suggested I change the brightness of my screen to fix my backup camera. The brightness was turned all the way up. Plus that doesn't fix static playing through the speakers and snowy look on a screen anyway. It's like I gave them three different symptoms and they latched onto the easiest one to make suggestions for.

I put music videos and entire movies on the 128gb flash drive and it plays everything great. I still have a lot to learn though (torque app setup and how to get gps working).

rtg21 04-01-2019 12:34 AM

Do they have connection for a subwoofer? R/L RCA outputs for subs?

StaySyk 04-07-2019 01:46 PM

I bought the Android 7.1.1 2gb ram with 32gb memory. 08 G37 Coupe (Bose + Nav + Cam)

I'm enjoying the unit so far but it does come with it's issues. The UI could use some work and the glitches don't help, they outsource their dev team so.... this is kind of expected :dunno:.
My Bose audio has taken quite a hit with only my front speakers working decently (rear are like 40% sound). Does anyone have Bose working like OEM with theirs? Looking into wiring aftermarket amp/sub and running everything through there.

Overall the screen looks great and it's made my commutes 10000x better.

https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.myg...26e89520d0.jpg

jpowersjr2 04-07-2019 02:59 PM

Man, all that makes me not want to get it, this is why I'm still on the fence and waiting on more people to install/try. Others have posted that the UI is smooth and some not. What kind of glitches are you experiencing? The fact that the entire audio system is affected is a big negative for me. Did you consider wiring it to the Bose amp? While the stock system may not be the greatest, I've always been pleased with it (minus the bass but I have sub to install for that).

Car looks really good by the way :biggthumpup:

Redgoyabean 04-07-2019 05:16 PM

Originally Posted by jpowersjr2 (Post 4237836)
Man, all that makes me not want to get it, this is why I'm still on the fence and waiting on more people to install/try. Others have posted that the UI is smooth and some not. What kind of glitches are you experiencing? The fact that the entire audio system is affected is a big negative for me. Did you consider wiring it to the Bose amp? While the stock system may not be the greatest, I've always been pleased with it (minus the bass but I have sub to install for that).

Car looks really good by the way :biggthumpup:

Has anyone wired the tesla unit to the bose amp, if that can't be done I wont be buying the unit.

jpowersjr2 04-07-2019 06:23 PM

Yeah I'm right there with you. This guy just did:

https://www.myg37.com/forums/build-t...phoenix-2.html

F13SC 04-23-2019 04:10 PM

My Tesla screen made my Bose sound a lot better. It made my trunk & rear speaker even louder

StaySyk 04-23-2019 04:11 PM

Originally Posted by F13SC (Post 4239930)
My Tesla screen made my Bose sound a lot better. It made my trunk & rear speaker even louder

What harness did they send you?

F13SC 04-23-2019 07:22 PM

Originally Posted by StaySyk (Post 4239931)
What harness did they send you?

Not sure but my car is a 2013 G37s coupe with navi & Bose

F13SC 04-23-2019 07:25 PM

[QUOTE=StaySyk;4237832]I bought the Android 7.1.1 2gb ram with 32gb memory. 08 G37 Coupe (Bose + Nav + Cam)

I'm enjoying the unit so far but it does come with it's issues. The UI could use some work and the glitches don't help, they outsource their dev team so.... this is kind of expected :dunno:.
My Bose audio has taken quite a hit with only my front speakers working decently (rear are like 40% sound). Does anyone have Bose working like OEM with theirs? Looking into wiring aftermarket amp/sub and running everything through there.

https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.myg...26e89520d0.jpg[
/QUOTE]

I wouldn't, I have the Bose system. I installed an Audio Control LC7i and wired it before the Bose amp. It works great

F13SC 04-23-2019 07:47 PM

I got this artwork done for my Tesla screen
https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.myg...2b6dc437cc.jpg

saywat? 04-23-2019 08:36 PM

its interesting how urs seem to work and for others its a nightmare lol

F13SC 04-23-2019 10:52 PM

Originally Posted by saywat? (Post 4239959)
its interesting how urs seem to work and for others its a nightmare lol

For now the only problem I have is the back-up camera, when it turns on the pic is full of lines. Within 5 seconds it clears all out.

Sometimes front camera takes a bit to show pic but once it does it, it works great. Works even better than the oem rear one.

I'm not good in computer stuff so I got help to set my screen up, even how to get my car in the screen. For those that do know computers it's very easy for them.

I was told that they already have an update for my screen that takes care of some of the bugs and makes it run faster. Again I'll have someone help me do it.

I wish I can help but I really can't

geedirtyban 04-26-2019 10:46 PM

[QUOTE=F13SC;4239942]

Originally Posted by StaySyk (Post 4237832)
I bought the Android 7.1.1 2gb ram with 32gb memory. 08 G37 Coupe (Bose + Nav + Cam)

https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.myg...26e89520d0.jpg[
/QUOTE]

I wouldn't, I have the Bose system. I installed an Audio Control LC7i and wired it before the Bose amp. It works
great

okay wait, my system sounds like crap, what exactly do i need to do to connect it to the stock bose amp?

jpowersjr2 04-27-2019 01:08 AM

Yeah I would like to know as well. I'm not pulling the trigger on this until I know how to get everything working correctly.

Gaspeed 05-24-2019 01:17 PM

I just wanted to share my experience with everyone regarding my Tesla screen on my 2008 G37S Coupe with Bose and is a manual transmission. I got mine through a group buy back in November 2018 and received it the first week of December. I was one a the few who received these units first back then. I did not get it installed until the first week of January 2019. The reason for that is because I did not know how to install it and I did not feel comfortable even attempting to try it. I've installed radios in the past but they were straight forward and not really challenging like this Tesla screen. So through the facebook page I found someone who was very knowledgeable and was actually the first one to successfully install this unit in a G37 with everything functioning correctly. He also figured out why many others where having issues with their installs which is because the harnesses that were supplied to everyone else depending on the model year were incorrect. This installer was Dustin Eagleton located in Arizona. I contacted him and made an appointment and drove 6 hours from California.

Long story short Dustin installed my unit flawlessly with no issues at all. At that point I believe I was his third install of this Tesla unit in a G37. If you guys scroll back to page 2 where someone posted a post of Dustin installing and figuring out how to correctly wire the back up camera on a 2008 G37S with the Bose system, that was my car he was working on. My backup camera works when I put it in reverse and works also when I'm moving forward while driving. He also installed a front camera that I can turn on any time as well. I can use bluetooth and wifi at the same time. I have no static while listening to music and no static going into reverse either.The volume and sound was just as good as it was with the stock system. My phone calls are fine with no drops or cutting out. Bluetooth music has been great and using navigation like Google Maps of Waze at the same time has never been an issue. Spotify does not shut down or anything like that and when I turn my car off and get back in and start it up again Spotify automatically plays where it left off. Movies play fine too.

It's really unfortunate that many people are having issues while installing these units but based from what Dustin told me and from what I've seen is that it only takes a few plugs in the incorrect spot to cause many issues in the car from it not starting to getting many warning lights on the dash especially if you start the car without having all the connections plugged in the right spot. Many issues occur as well when the ac box is not plugged back in with the Tesla unit. I've read that others experience their AC not working and others not being able to turn off their car.

I guess the point I'm trying to get at is that it is all in the INSTALL. If it's done correctly you shouldn't have any issues (unless it's truly a defective unit). I'm fortunate that I got mine installed correctly. I've had my unit for almost 6 months now and I've never had a single issue. With all that said, this for me is 10 times better than the stock unit and I enjoy using it on my G37.

For those that did install these on their own and had issues and were able to resolve them...Kudos to you guys because if that was me I don't think I would be able to figure it out and at the same time I wouldn't be as patient as well.

Lastly, for those thinking about getting the unit...as long as you do your research on how to install these Tesla Units correctly you should not have any problems. Good luck.

https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.myg...832390ba14.jpg
https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.myg...175f795495.jpg

jpowersjr2 05-24-2019 02:04 PM

Appreciate that update, just boosted my confidence on this unit. I've been contemplating it for quite some time, mine is an '08 6spd with Bose/NAV.

saywat? 05-24-2019 04:53 PM

is the issue the instructions no good? (im assuming it comes with instructions)
people are just not following the instructions correctly?
or it requires uninstructed custom splicing to get right?

G37sPhoton 05-24-2019 06:45 PM

from what i have read, it seems like initially it may have been poor parts shipped with units and as well as proper/detailed instructions....i had planned to purchase, but after reading some of the issues, decided to wait....though it is a fair price for the unit, I think that price in itself should provide better instructions. sucks to blindly plug away and then f up your car etc....but glad yours is working gaspeed, it keeps me on the fence and revisiting this purchase etc...btw, that is a nice coupe ...i have to say, when done/modded right, the g's don't seem to age or look outdated...my 19yr old nephew is looking at pics of your car and drooling lol :JAMIN:

JersonCarbs 05-26-2019 02:45 AM

Originally Posted by Redgoyabean (Post 4226676)
thanks but I have a 2013 so I would still need to figure out which wire it is, plus I thought we were discussing how to get the backup camera to work when in reverse, I really have no need to view mybackup camera while driving. So if the plug n play works with the backup camera then I'm good to go.

Send me those instructions how fix my camera..i need it!...lol

Matthew Reimer 06-05-2019 02:18 PM

https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.myg...f6e3e7af34.jpg

I installed mine 2 days ago. Made sure to have the battery disconnected and plunged the two plugs back into the white CC box. Turning the car on for the first time it was basically freaking out and it didn't try to start at all. Upon investigation I unplugged the above harness and everything worked and the car started. Except I have no climate controls at all. The system comes on and seems to maintain a temp around 74F. What am I missing? I also tried plugging the original CC controls in and that didn't give me controls either. Any thoughts?

jpowersjr2 06-14-2019 12:16 AM

Any luck Matt R?

Matthew Reimer 06-14-2019 07:43 AM

Originally Posted by jpowersjr2 (Post 4245528)
Any luck Matt R?

They're saying it's a faulty unit. Sending it back for a replacement.

IPL Twin 06-15-2019 10:23 PM

Please keep me posted I read another that did that will climate control

flipmode007 06-29-2019 11:25 AM

And that is the reason why I didn't get this for my 09 seems like there's a lot of glitch still with the nav option

jpowersjr2 07-07-2019 02:04 AM

FYI I took advantage of the sale that Phoenix has going on and got the new 6 core processor screen. We will see how long it takes to get in. As soon as I get it though it's going back out to Mazterpiece Automotive to get wrapped in carbon fiber along with my other interior trim pieces.

CoolRunninJA 07-28-2019 09:45 AM

Originally Posted by jpowersjr2 (Post 4248016)
FYI I took advantage of the sale that Phoenix has going on and got the new 6 core processor screen. We will see how long it takes to get in. As soon as I get it though it's going back out to Mazterpiece Automotive to get wrapped in carbon fiber along with my other interior trim pieces.

Have you gotten this in yet? I bought the same system directly through alibaba. 6core. Got it setup. My main issue is that the built in microphone doesn’t work in 3rd party apps. It does work on phone calls tho. Was wondering if you have this same issue.

I contacted the manufacturer and they said the engineers are aware of this. I’m curious to know if yours works.

jpowersjr2 07-28-2019 04:29 PM

I got my harness in early last week and I'm picking the screen up from USPS tomorrow on Monday. I bought mine from Phoenix Automotive directly so I am not sure if there are exactly the same or if there is a slight difference. Honestly IMO, I would never buy anything off of Alibaba. Such a shady/sketchy website. I have been in direct contact with Phoenix over the past year and they have been very helpful in answering any questions/concerns I've had. Having said that, as soon as I get it, mine is getting shipped right back out to Mazterpiece Automotive to be wrapped in carbon fiber along with the rest of my interior trim. I'll update my build as it progresses.

What 3rd party apps are you noticing this on? Does it work for CarPlay(assuming you have an iPhone) when you want to send a text? If the engineers are aware of this then hopefully the fix is a simple software/firmware upgrade. I'd only be using the mic for calls and voice to text (for CarPlay).

Cheers!

CoolRunninJA 07-28-2019 05:23 PM

Originally Posted by jpowersjr2 (Post 4250660)
I got my harness in early last week and I'm picking the screen up from USPS tomorrow on Monday. I bought mine from Phoenix Automotive directly so I am not sure if there are exactly the same or if there is a slight difference. Honestly IMO, I would never buy anything off of Alibaba. Such a shady/sketchy website. I have been in direct contact with Phoenix over the past year and they have been very helpful in answering any questions/concerns I've had. Having said that, as soon as I get it, mine is getting shipped right back out to Mazterpiece Automotive to be wrapped in carbon fiber along with the rest of my interior trim. I'll update my build as it progresses.

What 3rd party apps are you noticing this on? Does it work for CarPlay(assuming you have an iPhone) when you want to send a text? If the engineers are aware of this then hopefully the fix is a simple software/firmware upgrade. I'd only be using the mic for calls and voice to text (for CarPlay).

Cheers!

What specs do you have car wise? I have. 13 with Bose, nav and backup camera. If you have the same specs... could you send me a picture of the harness you got?

I got the CarPlay feature. The mic doesn’t work on any android based app or even CarPlay. There seems to be an option for external microphone - did your harness come with this? I’ve been doing some research... there are possibly 4 harnesses. They sent me 2 of them. everything works but they didn’t send me the external microphone.

I would advise you to test the radio before you wrap it...one guy on the Facebook group got 2 bad units from Phoenix.

jpowersjr2 07-28-2019 06:41 PM

I have an '08 sport 6mt with Bose, navigation, and backup camera.

Here you go:
https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.myg...b19046bca0.jpg
https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.myg...5a099a553a.jpg
https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.myg...3fa30bca5b.jpg
https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.myg...8b8e89d3ac.jpg

https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.myg...ec276d39a2.jpg

I was nervous at first when I saw QX50 on it. I emailed them and they verified that it was the correct harness for my specific year/model/features.

Man I am really glad you said that last part. I will definitely be testing it first before sending it out to get wrapped. Trust but verify.

CoolRunninJA 07-28-2019 11:30 PM

Originally Posted by jpowersjr2 (Post 4250674)
I have an '08 sport 6mt with Bose, navigation, and backup camera.

Here you go:
https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.myg...b19046bca0.jpg
https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.myg...5a099a553a.jpg
https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.myg...3fa30bca5b.jpg
https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.myg...8b8e89d3ac.jpg

https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.myg...ec276d39a2.jpg

I was nervous at first when I saw QX50 on it. I emailed them and they verified that it was the correct harness for my specific year/model/features.

Man I am really glad you said that last part. I will definitely be testing it first before sending it out to get wrapped. Trust but verify.

Both my harnesses say q50 on it but both are different. The harness you have looks like the one that didn’t work for me. Let me know how you do with installation.

Let me know if you get a microphone with your radio. An external one.

jpowersjr2 07-28-2019 11:49 PM

Will do. Hopefully I'll be able to get to it this week/weekend.

CoolRunninJA 07-30-2019 08:02 PM

Originally Posted by jpowersjr2 (Post 4250686)
Will do. Hopefully I'll be able to get to it this week/weekend.

did you get your radio?