MyG37

MyG37 (https://www.myg37.com/forums/)
-   Audio, Video & Electronics (https://www.myg37.com/forums/audio-video-and-electronics-310/)
-   -   Help Audio Issues (https://www.myg37.com/forums/audio-video-and-electronics/280285-audio-issues.html)

Immjpbro 12-26-2016 12:09 PM

Audio Issues

So I have a 2011 Infiniti G37x coupe. I was messing with the self diagnostic menu and all of a sudden my volume on the steering wheel and radio stopped working. I can't even change the bass, treble, etc nor can I see the meter that tells me where my volume is. Also my back up senesor stopped beeping. Any answers??

Elco 12-26-2016 07:03 PM

yeah... you performed INIT on the AV unit...
You will need the Consult 3 to set the correct parameters back to the unit to make it work again.
I think the fastest way to fix that, is to go to the dealer, tell them what you did and they will solve the problem.
It take's 5 minutes to solve the problem using Consult 3 interface.
If you won't tell them what you did to mess the settings, you may end up with a expensive new AV unit...
Dealers tend to replace the parts so they can change you more...

Immjpbro 12-27-2016 04:14 PM

Originally Posted by Elco (Post 4098752)
yeah... you performed INIT on the AV unit...
You will need the Consult 3 to set the correct parameters back to the unit to make it work again.
I think the fastest way to fix that, is to go to the dealer, tell them what you did and they will solve the problem.
It take's 5 minutes to solve the problem using Consult 3 interface.
If you won't tell them what you did to mess the settings, you may end up with a expensive new AV unit...
Dealers tend to replace the parts so they can change you more...

Thank you man. This really helped a lot. They were trying to tell me I need to replace it. Also when I went to look for help I was told they don't do it at a dealership

Immjpbro 12-27-2016 04:27 PM

Dealerships are telling me that they can't do it. I'm confused on why a INFINITI dealership can't program a infiniti av unit..

Elco 12-27-2016 07:00 PM

Some time ago i made the same reset you did from service menu, on my convertible AV unit.
It toke me 5 minutes to program the correct configurations back on the AV unit using a e-bay Consult 3 clone.

If i was able to do that with a cheap clone interface, i am absolutely sure they can do it with the original interface.
They have to go to AV section on consult 3 -> Work Support -> Write configuration -> Select MANUAL configuration
Then select the correct options (LHD, RWD, W/O WAS, etc...) then click WRITE.
The writing process take about 2 seconds.

Immjpbro 01-01-2017 01:57 PM

Originally Posted by Elco (Post 4099003)
Some time ago i made the same reset you did from service menu, on my convertible AV unit.
It toke me 5 minutes to program the correct configurations back on the AV unit using a e-bay Consult 3 clone.

If i was able to do that with a cheap clone interface, i am absolutely sure they can do it with the original interface.
They have to go to AV section on consult 3 -> Work Support -> Write configuration -> Select MANUAL configuration
Then select the correct options (LHD, RWD, W/O WAS, etc...) then click WRITE.
The writing process take about 2 seconds.

are you willing to sell your consult 3

Elco 01-02-2017 11:07 AM

Originally Posted by Immjpbro (Post 4099924)
are you willing to sell your consult 3

LOL the shipping will be half the price i paid for it :)
I live in Romania, Eastern Europe
You can find one cheap on e-bay: Diagnosi Nissan Consult 3 III Professional Scanner USB | eBay

You may find a cheaper one with a better search. I got mine for about 170 USD

Immjpbro 01-02-2017 03:08 PM

Originally Posted by Elco (Post 4100043)
LOL the shipping will be half the price i paid for it :)
I live in Romania, Eastern Europe
You can find one cheap on e-bay: Diagnosi Nissan Consult 3 III Professional Scanner USB eBay

You may find a cheaper one with a better search. I got mine for about 170 USD

I'm sorry this is my last reply . You obviously know I have a 2011 Infiniti G37x coupe so that consult 3 scanner will work for my cars av unit right. I ask because there is multiple consult 3 programs

Elco 01-10-2017 02:40 PM

Originally Posted by Immjpbro (Post 4100106)
I'm sorry this is my last reply . You obviously know I have a 2011 Infiniti G37x coupe so that consult 3 scanner will work for my cars av unit right. I ask because there is multiple consult 3 programs

Yes. consult 3 v 9.21 software will work on any G37 model.

j50ny 01-10-2017 03:27 PM

Dayum.....Elco just saved your life. If you're ever in Romania, I think a few drinks are in order!!! Lol

Elco 01-10-2017 03:37 PM

1 Attachment(s)
This is the consult 3 menu used to write configurations that solve your problem.

If the dealer play stupid and refuse to write the configuration, show them this picture.
Any Nissan technician with some decent knowledge will know the software from this picture.

Originally Posted by j50ny (Post 4102260)
Dayum.....Elco just saved your life. If you're ever in Romania, I think a few drinks are in order!!! Lol

:)

Immjpbro 01-10-2017 07:23 PM

he most definetly did