MyG37

MyG37 (https://www.myg37.com/forums/)
-   Announcements (https://www.myg37.com/forums/announcements-10/)
-   -   Announcement Introducing: Experience (https://www.myg37.com/forums/announcements/216184-introducing-experience.html)

Black Betty 01-09-2011 01:37 AM

Originally Posted by Chekov (Post 3033551)
My post was not motivated by achieving ender points as I really do not care about such nonsense. In a way you’ve made my point on how silly this sort of thing can be. So feel free to respond and get the last word. I promise to not reply. :thewave:

Did you completely ignore the 3 paragraphs preceding what you quoted that addressed your concerns? Sometimes it seems as if you have had your sense of humor surgically removed or just misplaced it and quit looking. You're taking it way too seriously for someone that doesn't care about such nonsense. If you didn't care you'd not have brought up the issues. I tried my best to address your concerns. Maybe some one else has an idea that you might agree with better than mine.

Robb M. 01-10-2011 05:52 PM

Originally Posted by Black Betty (Post 3033237)
It may help if perhaps activities that receive negative points were listed in red and showed a (-) by the number of points deducted.

Reputation, referrals, thread tagging, thanks button are not active. Will we activate them?

I like the idea of keeping the negatives a bit vague. Makes it more difficult to game the system...

I would like to turn all of those things on here eventually. referrals should already be on however...

cheers,
robb

Robb M. 01-10-2011 05:52 PM

Originally Posted by WPPJR30 (Post 3033142)
I don't know if there is just so much new information that I am overlooking it, but I have searched with no luck. I have read that you can give/get points for thanking someone? There is a "Thanks" button? How does this work? Is it right in front of my face somewhere? :icon43:

Does one thank another for providing information? Or for a compliment? Are there guidelines here? If I wish to express appreciation, I realize I can simply just respond to a post and write "Thank you," but, with this new system, there is another way to thank someone that results in points being distributed, no? :dunno:

I have not yet added the thank you button, I'd like to nail 'experience' first :)

cereal2k 01-11-2011 08:27 PM

Originally Posted by Robb M. (Post 3032141)
That's a really good question, and i have absolutely no idea as to the answer. Shall we do some testing today to figure it out?

cheers,
robb

Sorry, I've been busy, but I tried the other day and then somehow at 6:30pm today I got his with this, I did post in the The Best of MyG37... Classic Quotes and Posts , however it was not at 6:31 pm, so I can't really track it within 10 to 15 minutes of getting it. All other posts made recently for today don't correlate to 6:31 and not to any other "old" post that I can think of. Unless you guys are tweaking the system.

I see discussion ender has some negative points, is there some multiplier if it's an ended discussion and an old post? It's just a query not a major concern as it's all in good fun, and you are also trying to not have the system abused. So I guess not knowing how you lost the points is a price to pay :) or :(

06:31 PM cereal2k has lost -40 Discussion Ender points
06:31 PM cereal2k has earned 22970 Thread Necromancer points

Originally Posted by Black Betty (Post 3033237)
Here's My .02 on some of the issues that have been brought up Robb.

I think that Thread Necromancer can be a negative or positive. If someone gives a good answer to a long unanswered question or adds to an existing thread rather than starting a new one when it's not needed, it's a good thing. It's only bad when someone revives a dead thread with an unnecessary inane comment for good reason. Instead of making it automatic, could it possibly be left to staff discretion to issue the negative points where warranted and leave legitimate resurrections alone? We do have an option to bestow or deduct points on a discretionary basis.

It may help if perhaps activities that receive negative points were listed in red and showed a (-) by the number of points deducted.

Reputation, referrals, thread tagging, thanks button are not active. Will we activate them?

Good idea, however do any mods live on the forum to check for these things?
Case in point the ton of non closed classifieds. A lot of posts say mods please close, but they are still open. I doubt there will be time to monitor a points system.

Originally Posted by Black Betty (Post 3033392)
People have been posting nonsense posts after a really excellent comment forever. They typically think it's funny or witty or whatever. They'll do it if they get points or not. If it ruffles your feathers and is out of line you can report it and it may get deleted. Honestly, I wouldn't worry about it.

Blatant post whoring can simply be deleted by the staff. There's also the option to issue negative points for abuse of the system. If something sticks in your craw, feel free to click the button and report it and someone will take a look at it.

This system is not perfect by far. It is what it is. I think that there will be some good suggestions that may be implemented to improve it. I think there will be some stupid ones that will be ignored and people will get their feelings hurt by it. My suggestion is to do what I'm learning to do in life in general: don't take it too seriously.

And yes, you just lost Discussion Ender points, and I took them from you. :11:

No sir, I think I'll take those points (albeit -negative). Good points, it's all in fun and should not be taken seriously.

Originally Posted by Chekov (Post 3033551)
My post was not motivated by achieving ender points as I really do not care about such nonsense. In a way you’ve made my point on how silly this sort of thing can be. So feel free to respond and get the last word. I promise to not reply. :thewave:

I've got the points, booya !! j/k LOL.

Originally Posted by Robb M. (Post 3034613)
I like the idea of keeping the negatives a bit vague. Makes it more difficult to game the system...

I would like to turn all of those things on here eventually. referrals should already be on however...

cheers,
robb

Can you provide details to anyone in a PM when they lose points? or could you dig to the post that did them in? I'd understand if that goes against gaming the system.

GraphiteG37S 01-11-2011 11:14 PM

I could swear I was at level 53, not it says I'm at level 32... WTF?

nogoodname 01-11-2011 11:38 PM

I have no experience...LOL. I'm missing all the bars.

1cleanG 01-12-2011 06:26 AM

wait..I just got the Funeral Director Award....wtf is this? LOL!

philter25 01-12-2011 08:31 AM

Originally Posted by nogoodname (Post 3035685)
I have no experience...LOL. I'm missing all the bars.

As am I. Just noticed it this morning.

Robb M. 01-12-2011 12:14 PM

Weird! looking into the missing bars, now.

nogoodname 01-12-2011 12:21 PM

I kinda like my debadged profile.

Robb M. 01-12-2011 12:26 PM

Originally Posted by nogoodname (Post 3035980)
I kinda like my debadged profile.

Did you used to have them?

Robb M. 01-12-2011 12:30 PM

we may have found the issue. and it's likely my fault :)

hopefully things come back shortly...

GraphiteG37S 01-12-2011 01:32 PM

Any idea why my level went down about 20 levels in one day? Lol

Robb M. 01-12-2011 01:36 PM

Originally Posted by GraphiteG37S (Post 3036071)
Any idea why my level went down about 20 levels in one day? Lol

I think your levels are back, are they not?

GraphiteG37S 01-12-2011 01:49 PM

Yeah they are.. Why did it do that? That's strange!