MyG37

MyG37 (https://www.myg37.com/forums/)
-   Announcements (https://www.myg37.com/forums/announcements-10/)
-   -   Announcement Introducing: Experience (https://www.myg37.com/forums/announcements/216184-introducing-experience.html)

4drScreamer 01-06-2011 08:34 AM

Excellent concept, but agree with others that maybe it should be able to be hidden or on the profile only. Congrats on the great work. Some real thought has gone into it.

Definitely mobile apps should be a high priority. There are definite issues currently and that limits additional interaction availability.

I like the idea of rewards, but not sure what "trinkets" will end up being. The suggestion of stickers & T's is cool. But then maybe that's what ur thinking of as trinket already.

DmfG37sTT 01-06-2011 09:17 AM

I like it just how it is. yeah it may be a bit big but I find the concept very creative. Nice work guys

Robb M. 01-06-2011 09:30 AM

Originally Posted by cereal2k (Post 3030801)
Hey Robb, get rid of the Thread Necromancer all together or give it the same value of number of posts. It's really not making much sense if new threads are created for the same thing. Or base the points deductions on a year value, so if the last update on the thread was a year ago then deduct points, but that may be too complicated.

Hey cereal,

It doesn't count as necromancing unless the thread is older then 365 days right now. Is it not working that way?

cheers,
robb

nethole 01-06-2011 01:25 PM

Because there wasn't enough 'chaff', now people get rewarded for posting additional rubbish.

cereal2k 01-06-2011 01:55 PM

Originally Posted by Robb M. (Post 3031138)
Hey cereal,

It doesn't count as necromancing unless the thread is older then 365 days right now. Is it not working that way?

cheers,
robb

it's hard to say. What determines the oldness. Is it the date the first post was one or when the last post was made?

CaptainObvious 01-06-2011 02:08 PM

Originally Posted by cereal2k (Post 3031426)
it's hard to say. What determines the oldness. Is it the date the first post was one or when the last post was made?

Let's say a popular thread was started in late 2007 here. This thread gets one post (at least) per month continuously, to the present date. Is everyone who posted in the thread in 2009, 2010, 2011 going to get dinged for posting in it?

With that ^ example, I'd say you've got an obvious answer... ;)

cereal2k 01-06-2011 02:15 PM

Originally Posted by CaptainObvious (Post 3031446)
Let's say a popular thread was started in late 2007 here. This thread gets one post (at least) per month continuously, to the present date. Is everyone who posted in the thread in 2009, 2010, 2011 going to get dinged for posting in it?

With that ^ example, I'd say you've got an obvious answer... ;)

Yeah, I've not done any tests yet since we all know now today its a 365 time frame. Additionall points deductions are not instant. That's definitely a good way to check. E.g the definite oil thread LOL

So how quickly are the points tabulated Robb?

eksigned 01-06-2011 02:45 PM

WOW! Look at that! LOVE the new "stats" updates :)

cereal2k 01-06-2011 02:50 PM

It seems discussion ender experience points are where points are lost. So does that mean someone gains those points that you lost?

Xcalibur 01-06-2011 03:47 PM

Would be cool if the graphic bars where displayed like a RPM / Speed Gauges :IDEA:

You could do this with Flash very easy if you know AS3 and good at it. Also can do this with jQuery and the SPIN plug-in. Only prob with jQuery is the spin doesn't work in IE 8.:mad:

Pretty simple stuff that would enhance and customize it. I can do it in Flash for a certain fee too if interested. Of course I would provide proof of concept first with revisions.

RichG 01-06-2011 03:55 PM

Great idea, love the concept and the look of it too. Thank you to everyone who had a part in the implementation of this new system. Seems to be working, everyone posting replies trying to make that little bar move up haha.:eekdance:

wlmngtn 01-06-2011 09:13 PM

wow, cool idea but I wish I knew what the little icons meant... :^(

nethole 01-06-2011 09:16 PM

Of course, I complained about the new system, but I've gotten sucked into it to.
But I notice it's not working completely properly.
I was level one, with just '2 points to go' a couple hours ago, I've since obtained those points required to level up, yet it still claims 'level 1', same as before.

infamousstunna1 01-06-2011 11:09 PM

Originally Posted by dannbla (Post 3030652)
and hopefully you guys can work on an app. for the Android system as well,
not only Iphones

that's fine. ^^^ but please don't forget about windows phone 7. I've been on Bill Gates team since windows mobile 4(pocket pc days), and still going strong...you know what let me just quit while i'm behind...lol. because I know starting to open that can of worms with cell phone operating systems, isn't going to fly here...so...

I love the excitement everybody's getting with the brand spankin' new layout!

myg37 is about to go where no g37 lover has gone before...

this is one small step for g37 enthusiasts...this is one giant leap...okay, I'm a stop for real this time.

peace y'all :5091:!!!

ipitythefoo 01-07-2011 01:56 AM

Can i mine points?