Northern California San Francisco, Oakland, Sacramento, San Jose, Pleasanton, etc.

Official SF Bay Area Meet Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2015, 07:35 PM
G37sTimCA

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by staskz
Can someone help me rewire my car to have the city lights/fogs run without the headlights? Ill even pay you, really dont want to mess with electrical as i know nothing about it!!
I did this on old Mustang a while back. It was just the matter of moving one wire on the fog light switch which was on the center console. Was thinking of doing on my G at some point. Shouldn't be too hard, but with the wiring on these cars, I wouldn't want to promise anything. Especially with the fog on and off on the MFS (Mutli Function Switch).
Old 01-28-2015, 07:43 PM
G37sTimCA

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts
Actually read some of the posts. Very complicated on the G. Best off spending $50 for the KP Technologies module and then wire it in. Takes a lot of the guess work out. I may order the module.
Old 01-28-2015, 09:00 PM
staskz
Registered Member

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts
Hopefully someone in the San Jose radius knows how to do it like i said I'd pay
Old 01-29-2015, 01:50 AM
evil-G-nius
Registered Member

Received 395 Likes on 238 Posts
Originally Posted by Jreal24
Well I work in Petaluma and lived over of off Santa Rosa Ave. Right by the jack in the box. I had a white 08 maybe you saw me cruising around. Went to that panda express and taco bell alot.
Had? What do you have now? And where in Petaluma do you work..cuz I work in Petaluma as well!
Old 01-30-2015, 01:27 PM
Jukeboxhero

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Hey Staskz,

I wired my fogs. I tapped the circuit that the '08 OEM fogs use (the ones located on the "inside" portion of the headlight assembly). It wasn't hard, but the one caveat I have is that I switched it all to LED. My lower fogs are amber mini-projector LEDs, and my headlight fogs and city lights are also amber. IMHO it adds a little bit of distinction/sedan flavor to the coupe

Also, I can turn my fogs on and off with the stalk-mounted switch, but my headlights need to be on. I just drive around with my headlights on because bay area drivers tend to be fairly retarded, and I've had fewer incidents of a s sholes trying to merge into my lowered, IP colored G.
Old 01-31-2015, 02:00 AM
evil-G-nius
Registered Member

Quit braggin! LoL
Old 02-01-2015, 08:00 PM
Absinthe
Registered Member

Received 81 Likes on 70 Posts
Originally Posted by Jukeboxhero
Hey Staskz,

I wired my fogs. I tapped the circuit that the '08 OEM fogs use (the ones located on the "inside" portion of the headlight assembly). It wasn't hard, but the one caveat I have is that I switched it all to LED. My lower fogs are amber mini-projector LEDs, and my headlight fogs and city lights are also amber. IMHO it adds a little bit of distinction/sedan flavor to the coupe

Also, I can turn my fogs on and off with the stalk-mounted switch, but my headlights need to be on. I just drive around with my headlights on because bay area drivers tend to be fairly retarded, and I've had fewer incidents of a s sholes trying to merge into my lowered, IP colored G.
Aint that the truth
Old 02-01-2015, 11:01 PM
evil-G-nius
Registered Member

understatement of the damn year
Old 02-05-2015, 02:47 PM
staskz
Registered Member

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by Jukeboxhero
Hey Staskz,

Wanna make some money? lol
Old 02-06-2015, 11:52 AM
Jreal24

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by evil-G-nius
Had? What do you have now? And where in Petaluma do you work..cuz I work in Petaluma as well!
Yeah i traded it in for a 2011 vert prem, 6mt. And I work out in the Two rock area. How bout you?
Old 02-07-2015, 02:49 AM
evil-G-nius
Registered Member

My office is based on Transport Way off of McDowell
Old 02-07-2015, 06:54 PM
GMotionz37

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Newbie to the site, NCAL (Fairfield) .. what's up guys ! .. just got a 2011 Graphite Shadow G37 Journey w/trim package.. Any difference with the G37 and G37s.. They said it was only the seats. Hmm ! .. Any local meets coming up?
Old 02-08-2015, 12:41 AM
evil-G-nius
Registered Member

Apparently its the seats, wheels, stiffer suspension, more aggressive exhaust and big brakes. I am not 100% on the exhaust but my neighbor has a Journey coupe and my S sounds way better under acceleration.

Welcome to the site...no clue on meets yet. We all have weird schedules apparently
Old 02-09-2015, 11:27 AM
Jukeboxhero

Originally Posted by evil-G-nius
Apparently its the seats, wheels, stiffer suspension, more aggressive exhaust and big brakes. I am not 100% on the exhaust but my neighbor has a Journey coupe and my S sounds way better under acceleration.

Welcome to the site...no clue on meets yet. We all have weird schedules apparently
So true. Just got back from a week of training down at Ft. Hunter-Liggett. And this is why we can't have nice... meets.
Old 02-09-2015, 11:28 AM
Jukeboxhero

Originally Posted by staskz
Wanna make some money? lol
hahah its such a PITA, and I'm not pro enough to charge you.

Quick Reply: Official SF Bay Area Meet Thread