Newbie Corner New Members Corner! - If you're new to MyG37.com, please take a moment to check in, introduce yourself and show us your G37!

Hello - Intruduction

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2014, 04:22 PM
Platinum

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Hello - Intruduction

Hello everyone,

Just a note to introduce myself. I have been driving a 2004 G35 Sedan Sport AT for the last nine years. It is has been the best car I have ever owned. The team at Clear Lake Infiniti has serviced it exclusively since I purchased it new in 2004 from them. I put 130K miles on the car in nine years. I loved the handling, the braking, the power and the reliability. I feel like I got a good value for my dollar. Things I disliked about the car, 19 mpg for my driving style, noisier car than it should be, non-bose sound system lacked BT and had less than desired sound quality. I also grew tired of the sport tuned suspension for my drive to/from work at 70 miles round trip.

I started getting itchy for something new but it had to be as reliable as my old G and the service had to be as good as Clear Lake Infiniti. I looked at the Cadilac ATS, the Regal Turbo GS, Volks CC. All of these had 4 cylinder turbos which I expected would yield better mpg than my G35. In the end I did not feel like these would be as reliable as the Gs.

While getting an oil change at Clear Lake Infiniti I drove the new Q50. I had been monitoring them on the net and I really wanted one but did not want to spend that much money on a car. While looking around and really assessing my needs I found a G37 Journey Premium Nav and after sleeping on it, I purchased it the next day. This was a year ago.

FF to today, I have to say I am very happy with the G37. It is quieter than my G35, I get 22-23 mpg, the bose stereo is much improved but still lacking in my desired SQ. The blue tooth streaming works terrific from my iPhone and Nexus7 and I am able to listen to all my music on a usb drive. However the blue tooth phone quality is less than ideal. I also miss the engine growl from the G35 when you put the pedal and feel Infiniti has quieted the engine growl too much on the G37. This car is everything my G35 Sport was but much improved. The thing I like about it most is the ride quality on the 17 wheels, smooth and comfy. I am very happy with my G-Spot.

I'd also like to thank all of you for your informative posts and topics. There is a wealth of information on this site the members are respectful contributors. Kudos!
Attached Thumbnails Hello - Intruduction-2013-10-12-006.jpg  
Old 08-30-2014, 04:56 PM
telcoman
Registered Member

Received 161 Likes on 139 Posts
Originally Posted by Platinum
Hello everyone,

.......for my drive to/from work at 70 miles round trip.
Hello

I do 100 miles per day round trip. A few years ago someone posted that using cruise control reduces MPG by 1 to 2 MPG
I immediately began testing and found this to be absolutely true
If you are using cruise control on your 70 mile trip stop using it. You may very well see an increase in MPG
High heat and humidity also reduces MPG

Telcoman
Old 08-30-2014, 06:29 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,941 Likes on 4,174 Posts
Welcome to the site, glad you like it, I think you made a good choice over getting a Q, just my 2cs
Congrats!
Old 08-30-2014, 09:05 PM
solidsilver
Registered Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Love the new one - it looks exactly like mine.
Old 08-30-2014, 10:30 PM
Platinum

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Thanks everyone for the warm welcome.

Telcoman - I have been known to work on telco gear. When I forgo the cruise control I tend to meet new law enforcement friends. Not good!

.....and newt....should I just go ahead and give you half a dozen thanks now? Been reading many of your contributions for the last few weeks, you are a great resource, thanks for all the information.

Solidsilver - funny thing is when I went to purchase the 1st one I wanted a Liquid Platimun but they sold it before I got there. Gray Ghost is what I named the old one, Silver Bullet is the new one.
The following users liked this post:
blnewt (08-31-2014)
Old 08-30-2014, 10:32 PM
monytx
Registered Member

Received 116 Likes on 109 Posts
Nice Congrats! That's where I got my ride from as well. Hope to see you around town man.
Old 09-02-2014, 08:54 PM
Need 4 Speed

Received 86 Likes on 77 Posts
Welcome to the forums and congratulations on your new G!!!!!