General Tech Questions Scheduled maintenance, Tune-ups Oil changes, service bulletins and other FAQs for the G37

Just bought used G37, Things I should look for?

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2010, 09:37 PM
ViPaDawG

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Just bought used G37, Things I should look for?

Hey All,

So I just joined the G club, and bought a used PG G37S 5AT. It has 23k miles on it. It's in pretty good condition, but as it is used, (it wasn't certified), it was as-is. I did buy the extended warranty, and it's still under factory warranty, but I want it to run as smoothly as possible.

So far, I got the muffler replaced (it rattled), and got the front brakes resurfaced. There is still a like clinking or rattling but it's coming from the front. Has anyone else experienced this? My salesman said it was the heatshield, but I'm not so convinced (especially because the rattle can be heard while at a light or when parking after a 30 min drive).

Anyways, I also changed my engine and cabin filters, but I wanted to know if there are any other maintenance bits I can do myself. I checked the oil and it doesn't seem to be too dirty, and it is scheduled to be changed in another 1.5k miles, so I'm not that worried about it. My question to you guys is, Are there other things I should change/ be aware of? The filters that were changed were absolutely filthy. The cabin air especially. (it has hair in the crevices, gross!) If anyone has things I should be aware of, please let me know. I'm also thinking about the grounding kit because people say it really does make a difference for the 5ATs. Anyways, any insight into these few questions would be appreciated. Thanks!