Need a suggestion on my wheel and tire set up

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2017, 09:01 AM
Sean McLaughlin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need a suggestion on my wheel and tire set up

Good Morning, Im not to experienced in the rim and tire game. I am in the market for new tires, Currently i am running 245/45/18 snow tires, i would like the same size tires but a little wider.

The end goal here is to have my rims and tires be flush with the fender wall, and i do not want to lower my car. What tire size and if need be.... how big of wheels spacers will i need to accomplish this goal.

Thank you

PS, this rims are special edition rims explained to me here.... https://www.myg37.com/forums/g37-sed...ml#post4112616

Old 03-25-2017, 09:15 AM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,574 Likes on 3,425 Posts
Originally Posted by Sean McLaughlin
The end goal here is to have my rims and tires be flush with the fender wall, and i do not want to lower my car.
All things like this being subjective, you'll save yourself time and angst if you accept that you can't have one without the other. A flush fit at OEM height exasperates perception of the gap. It just does. Hard stop. I know you're looking for answers and not advice... but everyone who replies to this comment will say the same.

G'luck with whatever you decide. Those are fine wheels.

Last edited by Rochester; 03-25-2017 at 09:43 AM.
Old 03-25-2017, 12:38 PM
the93owner
Registered Member

Received 335 Likes on 261 Posts
I have to agree with Rochester there. There's really no point in spending money on spacers and wider tires if you're not going to complete the look by lowering the car. It's going to look awkward. Also I wouldn't go any wider than the 245s you already have on those wheels, I believe they are 18x8? Any wider and they will look like SUV wheels with the bulging sidewall.