Notices
Body Interior Exterior Lighting

Diode Dynamics Tail as Turn plug-n-play version now available

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2016, 08:39 PM
Knightjs
Registered Member

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts
Well, I was wrong. I've been sick so haven't driven the G till yesterday. I hyperblink due to my front LED's . I put the resisters back in and still hyperblink. Do they need to be moved to the front of the car? Originally installed them in the rear by the taillights but after installing the DD kit they don't stop it. Any ideas?
Old 09-27-2016, 09:06 PM
grojas112
Registered Member

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
If I'm not mistaken. The resistors need to be installed in the front to stop the hyper blinking.
The DD kit should have the resistors built into the harness. Unless you got the $20 kit.
Old 09-27-2016, 09:31 PM
Knightjs
Registered Member

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally Posted by grojas112
If I'm not mistaken. The resistors need to be installed in the front to stop the hyper blinking.
The DD kit should have the resistors built into the harness. Unless you got the $20 kit.
Yea, got the plug n play DD kit. The original resisters were for front turn signal LED's but installed in the rear due to ease of access. I was hoping to be able to just move to another part of the circuit but stay in the rear. But I know little to nothing about this stuff.
Old 09-27-2016, 10:35 PM
grojas112
Registered Member

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
You will need to tap into the positive and negative wires coming out of the front signal socket for the installation of the resistor. You will need to do it for both sides.
Old 09-28-2016, 12:09 AM
James Harden
Registered Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
So after I purchased these I read about the off-sync blinking between the front and back lights once these were installed. So I finally installed today and was a little disappointed about that but luckily mine blink in sync. I even let them go for a while to make sure and also checked them when I got back from dinner after installing them hours earlier.

Super satisfied with this mod!

Edit: Forgot it is out of sync only when brakes are applied. Oh well! Still happy with it!

Last edited by James Harden; 09-28-2016 at 12:16 AM.
Old 09-28-2016, 01:45 AM
dragion
Registered Member

Received 151 Likes on 125 Posts
Originally Posted by Rochester
So maybe there's a shipping and/or fulfillment snafu here about a $40 part from a company with a demonstrated history of great customer service.

Come on, man. It's not like you dropped $1600 on an exhaust through an intermediary, only to wait 14 weeks for shipment.

Demonstrate some patience, and work through it privately with DD without all this chicken-little BS.

Didn't take very long to bring out that dark side...huh John?

Not to worry, I've been in contact with DD (Phillip) and getting things squared away...just wondering why others were already receiving their order and mine was still in "fulfilling" status. There is nothing wrong by asking here and trying to get an answer from Nick...is there?

At least I did place my order!
Old 09-28-2016, 08:30 AM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,574 Likes on 3,425 Posts
Originally Posted by dragion
Didn't take very long to bring out that dark side...huh John?
For years here, I've complemented and encouraged you. Pretty sure the one and only time I've ever criticized you for being overly dramatic is not an example of my dark side. Moreover, it's another example of someone being overly dramatic.

Originally Posted by dragion
At least I did place my order!
True. Given your manic attention to detail (which exceeds anything I've ever been accused of), if you don't like these things for any reason at all, then I'm not going to buy them.

G'luck.

Last edited by Rochester; 09-28-2016 at 10:02 AM.
The following users liked this post:
dragion (09-28-2016)
Old 09-28-2016, 09:53 AM
Diode Dynamics
Former Sponsor

Received 141 Likes on 117 Posts
Originally Posted by Knightjs
Yea, got the plug n play DD kit. The original resisters were for front turn signal LED's but installed in the rear due to ease of access. I was hoping to be able to just move to another part of the circuit but stay in the rear. But I know little to nothing about this stuff.
You can keep them in the rear. Got my coupe set up that way actually (plug and play TaT kit with extra resistors in back for the LEDs in the front)

Paul
Old 09-28-2016, 10:05 PM
dragion
Registered Member

Received 151 Likes on 125 Posts
Originally Posted by Rochester
For years here, I've complemented and encouraged you. Pretty sure the one and only time I've ever criticized you for being overly dramatic is not an example of my dark side. Moreover, it's another example of someone being overly dramatic.

True. Given your manic attention to detail (which exceeds anything I've ever been accused of), if you don't like these things for any reason at all, then I'm not going to buy them.

G'luck.
John,
You know that this is all just in fun...I always appreciate all your comments and support!

I guess the delay is based on the Q50 connector being situated differently compared to the G37.

Here was my response from DD...

It's my pleasure and I understand the confusion. While you would think Infiniti would have used the same connection and pin layout for both these cars unfortunately that is not the case. The connector orientation and pin arrangement are different between them. This simply means that these parts are different and have had a slightly longer production time.

We do offer free shipping to active forum members so I will have finance refund this $5 for you as well.

Thank you,

Phillip E. - Wholesale Account Representative

I guess I'll have to have a bit of patience and wait it out...
Old 09-29-2016, 12:13 AM
Epiphany
Registered Member

Received 232 Likes on 208 Posts
Ordered mine, too bad shipping to Canada is an extra $20. Had to get new head light bulbs with it to justify shipping costs...
Old 09-29-2016, 09:53 AM
gman69
Registered Member

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
Mine is coming on Saturday.... Can't wait
Attached Thumbnails Diode Dynamics Tail as Turn plug-n-play version now available-20160929_063727.jpg  
Old 09-30-2016, 03:42 AM
Furlow

Received 65 Likes on 51 Posts
Originally Posted by James Harden
So after I purchased these I read about the off-sync blinking between the front and back lights once these were installed. So I finally installed today and was a little disappointed about that but luckily mine blink in sync. I even let them go for a while to make sure and also checked them when I got back from dinner after installing them hours earlier.

Super satisfied with this mod!

Edit: Forgot it is out of sync only when brakes are applied. Oh well! Still happy with it!
So the out of sync blinking occurs even with the plug and play version?
Old 10-01-2016, 03:15 PM
greco65
Premier Member

Received 33 Likes on 18 Posts
I installed mine last night and the out of sink blinking does not take place as far as I can see. I wish I knew for the forum members the shipping was free.
Old 10-01-2016, 06:45 PM
Furlow

Received 65 Likes on 51 Posts
Originally Posted by greco65
I installed mine last night and the out of sink blinking does not take place as far as I can see. I wish I knew for the forum members the shipping was free.
It only does it when the brake is applied.
Old 10-01-2016, 07:45 PM
Epiphany
Registered Member

Received 232 Likes on 208 Posts
I honestly don't get why out of sync blinking is an issue. You're sitting in the car, and worried that the front and rear signal might not be blinking at the exact same rate? You can't even see both of them unless you're next to a glass building or something.

Quick Reply: Diode Dynamics Tail as Turn plug-n-play version now available