Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction
Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G37? Find out the answer in here!

RJM Performance Clutch Pedal Assembly

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2015, 12:04 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,574 Likes on 3,425 Posts
Originally Posted by MaQG37
When I'm driving others in my car, I really pay strong attention to my launches so I don't have to see their heads go back and forth. I think I'm a pretty decent manual driver but it can be tricky sometimes.
I understand and relate to that. Completely.

I also guarantee you won't have to worry about that anymore.
Old 07-30-2015, 01:25 PM
Thirty_Seven

Received 69 Likes on 59 Posts
Install scheduled for Saturday. I was gonna wait for my back to heal (herniated disc) then install myself but I can't wait! Excited and will post results.
Old 08-01-2015, 06:07 PM
Thirty_Seven

Alright so just drove home with the new clutch pedal assembly. It was about a 45 minute drive so I had plenty of time to feel it out. Real Auto Dynamics was highly knowledgeable about the pedal and they adjusted everything properly so my cruise control and everything works as it should.

Now my impressions:

This clutch pedal is amazing. I'm still on my stock clutch, but I still noticed a huge difference. Shifting from 1-2nd is so much smoother, and every single shift feels perfect. When I got the G it felt like I had to learn how to drive a manual again, but now it finally feels right. Everything is so much better.

I adjusted it a bunch of times and I think I found a sweet spot about ~1/4 turn out from full clockwise. I like clutches that engage closer to the floor so this feels so much more natural to me.

I'd say it's well worth the price.
Old 08-01-2015, 08:43 PM
Rochester
Administrator

^^^
Full clockwise, eh? That's interesting.

If Nissan were on the ball with the tuner market, they'd realize over the last few years that there's something special going on here with the RJM Pedal.
Old 08-01-2015, 10:42 PM
Thirty_Seven

I'm gonna post my impressions of the TWM Short Throw Shifter here because Rochester was interested and I feel that people viewing this thread would be more interested as well.

Install of the kit was fairly straight forward. You have the remove the middle section and center console to access the shifter plate and you need to lift the car to access the linkage.

Only thing you really have to be careful of is over tightening the linkage because FSM says torque to 8 ft-lbs. If you over tighten it, you may not be able to get into gears or it will be difficult.

Once installed, the difference is felt immediately. Throws are MUCH shorter. Some people said they don't notice a difference but that's BS. Throws are about as short as a brand new stock Mustang GT, perhaps even shorter. Each gear is MUCH tighter and there's a very audible click into each gear.

I've only had two issues so far. My reverse lockout has been finnicky. If I push down as hard as I can, I can't get reverse. You have to push down lightly, not all the way down, but just a little pressure. (This may have been an install issue). Secondly, I have some trouble finding 5th. The shifter allows me to go too far to the right (think like above reverse kind of) and I'll miss 5th every so often. I've become more aware now and it hasn't happened in awhile.

If you like short throw shifters (which I do, I absolutely love them, the shorter the better) then you'll be super happy with this kit. If you don't mind a longer throw (our cars are pretty short from the factory) then you probably won't be too happy with the kit.

All in all, with this kit and the RJM pedal assembly, it feels like a new car.
The following 2 users liked this post by Thirty_Seven:
lobuzz311 (08-06-2015), Rochester (08-02-2015)
Old 08-06-2015, 09:41 AM
david77845

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone in South Florida??

Has anyone in South Florida done this mod??
I tried adjusting but my car is still jerky...
Can anybody help this poor man out??...
Thank you!!
Old 08-06-2015, 01:33 PM
Thirty_Seven

Quick question to those who have it installed. I read through the instructions and saw that there is a lock for the AFP ****????? The installer didn't tell me about this and my **** turn freely when I turn it and I can't seen to find a lock anywhere.

If this is true would one of you mind taking a picture and showing me where it is/how to lock?
Old 08-06-2015, 02:10 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Originally Posted by Thirty_Seven
Quick question to those who have it installed. I read through the instructions and saw that there is a lock for the AFP ****????? The installer didn't tell me about this and my **** turn freely when I turn it and I can't seen to find a lock anywhere.

If this is true would one of you mind taking a picture and showing me where it is/how to lock?
Here, I swiped this pic from the RJM website. It's a little allen-head bolt.
  1. Figure out where you want the adjustment ****.
  2. Lock it down.
  3. Adjust the cruise shut-off switch so that it functions, but doesn't interfere. (Coincidentally, that's also in this pic.)

Old 08-06-2015, 02:30 PM
Furlow

Received 65 Likes on 51 Posts
Originally Posted by david77845
Has anyone in South Florida done this mod??
I tried adjusting but my car is still jerky...
Can anybody help this poor man out??...
Thank you!!
If the car feels like stock, then you probably have the adjustment **** turned full clockwise. That gives a short modulation window and highest pedal pressure.

Try turning the adjustment **** full counter-clockwise and drive it like that. That gives the largest modulation window and least pedal pressure. Mine is about 1/2 turn clockwise from there. Try small increments of adjustment, as each makes a big difference.

Once you find a good setting, lock down the allen bolt (as shown by Rochester above) and then make sure that you adjust the two switches so that they line up with the white stoppers (one of which is also shown by Rochester's picture above).
Old 08-06-2015, 02:36 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Originally Posted by Furlow
and then make sure that you adjust the two switches so that they line up with the white stoppers
It's not just lining them up. Also make sure the cruise switch isn't applying any pressure against the armature. It needs to be situated so the little plunger is pushed in, but no more than that.

As it's been said by numerous people, all becomes clear when you get under the dash and figure it out.
Old 08-06-2015, 02:56 PM
Furlow

Received 65 Likes on 51 Posts
Originally Posted by Rochester
It's not just lining them up. Also make sure the cruise switch isn't applying any pressure against the armature. It needs to be situated so the little plunger is pushed in, but no more than that.

As it's been said by numerous people, all becomes clear when you get under the dash and figure it out.
Correct. Easiest way to test this by making sure there is some free play in the clutch at the top while driving. The engagement point should be well below where the clutch rests while cruising.
Old 08-16-2015, 11:38 PM
connoisseurr
Premier Member

Received 182 Likes on 128 Posts
Well it looks like Im buying this pedal. I'm very well at handling most manual transmissions but I'm having a hard time mastering this clutch. I'm also skeptical that my local dealership messed up the install when the clutch was replaced.

John and Mike - help me judge this in 2 weeks when we meet up.
Old 08-17-2015, 07:03 AM
pledes23
Registered Member

Received 43 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by connoisseurr
Well it looks like Im buying this pedal. I'm very well at handling most manual transmissions but I'm having a hard time mastering this clutch. I'm also skeptical that my local dealership messed up the install when the clutch was replaced.

John and Mike - help me judge this in 2 weeks when we meet up.
I think we're on the same page. Even after the JSolo spring I'm still having somewhat of an issue at mastering this clutch pedal. Thanks to John for pulling the trigger on this we can have the upgraded RJM to compare.
Old 08-17-2015, 08:04 AM
Rochester
Administrator

Originally Posted by pledes23
I think we're on the same page. Even after the JSolo spring I'm still having somewhat of an issue at mastering this clutch pedal. Thanks to John for pulling the trigger on this we can have the upgraded RJM to compare.
Well, I didn't do it for you guys. However, if it helps you prioritize mods, I'm happy to let you check it out.

Pedro, your garage link under your SN still declares your old X.
Old 08-17-2015, 08:13 AM
connoisseurr
Premier Member

Received 182 Likes on 128 Posts

Originally Posted by Rochester
Well, I didn't do it for you guys. However, if it helps you prioritize mods, I'm happy to let you check it out.

Pedro, your garage link under your SN still declares your old X.
Oh no doubt John. I'm sure you were in the same position I'm in now regarding the clutch. I was in Europe and had a few rentals Peugeot RC Z, BMW 335d and a VW Scirocco R. All of which were a dream to drive. Nice and easy clutch system. I wonder why Infiniti did what they did and installed a less forgiving clutch pedal.

Quick Reply: RJM Performance Clutch Pedal Assembly